You are my sunshine

We will find each other.

Suzy swallowed hard as she watched the two people kissing in the rain. She did not have time to feel weird about staring at them, the only thing she was thinking was that she wanted to disappear, but now as many other times her body did not respond and she was left motionless a few meters away from the couple. Suzy felt her heart beat faster and she could no longer feel her cold hands, she dropped her phone on the mud. Maybe she had seen wrong, maybe it wasn't what it looked like, she thought to herself as she felt her eyes become watery. Her eyes did not move away from the boy's back, looking at the jacket she had once had around her on a cold night, yet she did not want to accept what she was seeing. A soft wind brushed against her cheek and made the tears on her face feel like knives against her cold face.

Why are you still standing here you loser?

She cried softly at her own thoughts and tried to move her body in the opposite direction but she was stuck in the same position. Stuck in the same feelings. Stuck in love with someone who didn't want her.

He's kissing someone else and you still have hope?

Suzy shook her head, causing some tears to join the rain and fall to the ground, she had put away all hope this weekend. She had thrown it away. So why did it still feel as if her heart was breaking into a million pieces? She wiped her tears with the back of her arm, oblivious of the mascara stains that were left on her face after doing so.

 

“Oppa” Nana said when they had stopped kissing. Suzy was still in the same position, not able to perform any action other than breathing.

 

“Yes baby?” Suzy wanted to run when she heard Yonghwa's voice echo in her ears. Suzy blinked a few times before realizing that the girl was looking at her.

 

“We're not alone” she said shyly and blushed and at that moment Suzy's feet seemed to get life again and were able to move. But it was too late, Yonghwa had seen her and seemed to be troubled. He turned around to face his girlfriend again and smiled smiled softly at her.

 

“Are you shy cutie?” Suzy couldn't stay anymore, she didn't know what was hurting her the most, she took her dirty phone off the ground and ran inside the school building, holding her breath until the door behind her was closed hard the sound of the door echoed loudly in her ears so much that she didn't hear her own sobbing until a few moments later. When she finally started breathing again all that came out from was a soft scream followed by her tears rushing down her cheeks, for a moment she thought she would fall to the ground and cry as if no one was around but she remembered her exams. She breathed heavily and slowly, trying to stop her tears from pouring down her cheeks.

How did you allow yourself to fall for such a guy, Suzy.

She hadn't known how much she had liked him until she saw him with someone else.

~

Suzy needed to focus each nerve in her body for every question on the exam in order to even understand what they were asking for. She wrote short answers without enthusiasm, quickly as if she wasn't really there. When the exams were finally over she wasn't sure how she had managed not to have a panic attack in the middle of the class but she was thankful that her body was for once cooperating.

 

“Suzy?” a hand tapped on Suzy's shoulder and she turned around, seeing Hyuna standing in front of her with a smile that quickly disappeared from her face when she saw Suzy's red eyes and smudged mascara. The girl did not say anything but instead, she pulled Suzy into her arms, hugging her tightly and rubbing her back. She didn't know why the girl had been crying and she was scared to ask. They stayed outside class for a while in an embrace, without uttering any words but still managing to understand each other. Hyuna wasn't going to ask her anything while they were still in school and surrounded by people, chatting loudly about what they had answered for each question on the exams. Suzy finally pulled away from the hug and looked down at the floor, but looked up again as her muddy shoes were reminding her of what she had seen earlier. She looked at Hyuna and tried to form the words she wanted to tell her, that she wanted them to go away but before she could say something Hyuna had grabbed her wrist and dragged her along out of the school building. While walking, the girls remained silent even if there were a million things going around in Suzy's mind and Hyuna wanted to ask her about them. Finally when Hyuna decided that they had come a far way away from school she broke the silence.

 

“Do you want to tell me what happened?” Hyuna asked hesitantly while a receipt in the pocket of her military green coat. The sun had come out after the few hours they had spent in school for the exams and it was now shining brightly on the two girls who squinted their eyes in order to see anything. Suzy wanted to tell Hyuna everything about what had happened and how much she had been hurt but she was scared. Scared that she might not understand, that she might find her silly or that she would tell her it's her own fault for falling for a guy who already has a girlfriend. After all, Suzy was blaming herself.

 

“I feel better now” Suzy said and linked their arms softly, looking up and almost getting blinded by the sun. She wasn't sure if Hyuna believed her or not but she didn't seem to protest. She probably understood the reasons of her answer, either that she actually was feeling okay or that she did not want to talk about it. Hyuna smiled slightly and hit Suzy's arm playfully.

 

“You scared me for a little”

 

“Me? Why?” Suzy chuckled and poked Hyuna's cheek to show her that she was really feeling better and the girl shook her head, feeling less worried about Suzy.

 

“Never mind” she said and grinned as they walked over the crossing. Suzy wasn't entirely faking her mood when she was with Hyuna, she had in some strange way started to feel better. She laughed when Hyuna told her jokes and when they started talking about the movie night she was feeling even more happy than before. The girls saw an ahjussi selling sunglasses by the street and ran over to try some on. They agreed that it would be a good idea to buy a pair, considering the striking sun. They continued their walk in town in their new glasses and took selcas on Hyuna's phone.

 

“Wait let me take one with my phone too” she said quickly and took her phone out of her pocket. When she looked at it she startled, she hadn't even remembered to clean her phone before the exms and now the mud was dry and all over her phone.

 

“Oh my god, what did you do to it?” Hyuna asked, amused and covering with her hand before laughing softly. Suzy cleaned the phone with a tissue quickly and sighed.

 

“I dropped it in the mud” she pursed her lips into a pout and blew on the screen to get the dust off of it. She clicked a button and saw the screen light up again.

 

“It still works!!” Suzy said with way too much enthusiasm.

 

“Ohh, You have a text” Hyuna poked Suzy repeatedly, initiating her to open the message. But something in Suzy did not want to. Hyuna had started walking ahead as she didn't have any intention of actually reading the text, whoever it be from in the first place and Suzy felt relieved. Her finger clicked the message open before she could make herself put her phone back in her bag. Suzy felt safe behind her sunglasses, as if they would protect her from any harm she would come to read. She took a deep breath and read the message once, then twice and then closed her eyes for a moment before reading it a third time.

 

[text;Yonghwa] I know you were surprised before, but please keep what you saw a secret alright? We haven't become official yet. I hope you understand.

 

Suzy read the message five times, trying to figure out the different possibilities for what he could mean. But the message was clear and the harsh were like cutting blades against her insides. He almost sounded nervous in his writing. Was he scared that she might tell people that Nana and him are together?

 

“Suzy, come on!” Suzy looked up from her phone, quickly putting it in her bag and hurried to catch on with Hyuna. She was really happy that she had someone to light up her day. Without her it would have been raining all day.

 

 

A/N- Two updates in a day, not bad haha! I hope you like the story and that you are all excited to read what will happen next! Let me know in your comments what you think of it. Sarang sarang on you all, thank you so much for reading and subscribing.