Movie night PART 2

We will find each other.

The music on the laptop had stopped playing and someone needed to put on another song, but no one was moving. Suzy was staring at Yonghwa for a long time, trying to know if it was a dream or not.

 

“Hyung! You came” Suzy felt a strong feeling of anxiety take over her body, her cheeks were getting warm, her heart was beating faster and her breath seemed uncontrollable. But on the outside, everything seemed normal and the red cheeks were just looking sweet. Yonghwa waved at Jonghyun and took a seat. It was obvious that he was avoiding eye contact with Suzy, it was obvious because Suzy had been looking his way for a long time and he hadn't looked back at her. Instead he had been looking at the wall, behind her, focusing on a specific spot.

 

“What's up guys?” Yonghwa said and sat on the left side of the couch, as far away from Suzy as he could get from her, still sitting on the same couch.

 

“We're drinking” Hyuna laughed and gave Yonghwa a glass filled with the drinkmix that was now all finished. Yonghwa took the glass and thanked her, taking a sip.

 

“It's so sweet” Yonghwa said without thinking, right after he had drunk a little. Hyuna looked at him apologetically.

 

“I love it” He smiled and drank more of the drink. Even if the drink was far sweeter than he preferred, he didn't want to hurt Hyuna's feelings by not drinking it. Suzy looked at Yonghwa as he was smiling at Hyuna and felt her cheeks burn more than before.Why was he ignoring her, but being nice with Hyuna? She filled her glass with wine, a drink that she hated but for now she just needed to get something in her before she would go mad. She downed the bitter, red wine and wiped right after. Yonghwa was talking to Hyuna and looking at Suzy when she didn't see. He wanted to stop her from drinking so much, he knew where things would end if he continued but he did nothing.

It's not your problem.

 

Yonghwa continued his conversation with Hyuna and ate some chips, occasionally turning to Jonghyun who was joining the conversation from time to time but was texting on his phone too. Finally he shut his phone off and put it in his pocket, turning to Suzy.

 

“Why aren't you talking Suzy?” He nudged her and put his arm around her. Suzy smiled and felt relieved that he had talked to her. Somehow she felt excluded from the group, even if it was her own fault. She couldn't speak with them when Yonghwa was speaking. Her voice would shake, her cheeks would burn even more (if possible) and her heart would jump out of her chest. She would make it obvious that everything that has happened had actually meant a lot to her. That she was hurt. That she had foolishly allowed herself to have feelings for him. She didn't want that. She wasn't going to do that. She poured herself another drink and giggled.

 

“No reason oppa, let's drink!” Suzy said in an intentionally loud voice so that Yonghwa would hear.

 

“Alright, cheers!” Jonghyun and Suzy downed their drinks and laughed after they had finished their drinks. Suzy wasn't feeling the alcohol in her body yet, maybe it was because her one-sided crush was sitting in the room and the feelings of nervosity and intoxication was convening. She glanced at Yonghwa and saw that he was also downing his drink with Hyuna and talking to her, laughing with her, as if she and Jonghyun weren't even there. She frowned.

 

“Let's watch the moviee~!” Suzy said quickly and clearly, making Hyuna and Jonghyun nod and agree with her.

 

“Yes right, let's”

 

“Put it!”

 

Yonghwa was smiling and looking at the tv, waiting for the movie to start while Hyuna was managing the tv and dvd-player, trying to make the movie play. In the meantime, Suzy started taking the empty bottles away and into the kitchen, bringing new and cool drinks out to the living room to go with the chips and popcorn. When Suzy came back to the living room She noticed that Hyuna had changed her seat. She was now sitting next to Jonghyun and the only empty spot on the couch was between Jonghyun and Yonghwa.

No. She needed to get out of this somehow. Her brain started overworking, trying to figure out what she should do next.

Should I sit on the floor? No then it would be too obvious that something is wrong between us.

Should I sit next to him? No, just no.

Ask Hyuna kindly to change spots with you. And explain the reason? No way. Suzy got disappointed of her lack of success with ideas. Yonghwa looked at Suzy who was standing in front of them awkwardly, thinking to herself.

 

“You won't sit down?” He finally blurted out, more as a thought to himself rather than a question aimed to her. He regretted the question even before he had said it, but somehow his lips had formed the sounds and he was now staring into her insecure eyes for the first time that night. Suzy felt as if her whole body was blushing the brightest color of pink when he was staring at her.

 

“I will” She nodded at him, turning away from him and opening a can of beer and taking a sip. She felt like an alcoholic, but she would stop drinking as soon as her scary feelings would be gone. She sat down on the couch with her thighs touching his, causing an electric wave rush through her body. Wow. She focused on the tv-screen and ignored his burning eyes, still looking at her.

Pretend like everything is normal Suzy, you're good at pretending, aren't you?

She smiled at her thoughts, that was true. She would feel awful afterwards anyways but she could try to put everything away for two hours at least until the movie was over and then when she had the chance to change seats, she could go back to feeling awfully in love. She could manage that. Yonghwa ate some popcorn and asked what movie it was, even though the title was displayed on the large screen at front. Hyuna answered him.

 

“The conjuring” Hyuna said as the film was starting. Suzy wasn't actually very fond of horror movies as she had told Jonghyun earlier, she had simply tried to seem cool. She could already feel her nerves when she saw the face of a possessed doll. She swallowed hard and kept her eyes focused on the screen. Suzy took another sip of the beer and made a face from the bitter and disgusting taste. She put the bottle down on the table and bit her lip. She reached to take some popcorn in order to remove the bitter taste in and felt another hand against hers. It was his. Her plan wasn't working. Jonghyun and Hyuna were whispering to each other and watching the movie but Suzy couldn't focus anymore. She was imagining how it would feel like to hold his hand and with that she had lost. She was paralyzed and couldn't think straight anymore. Yonghwa took his hand away quickly and put it on his lap, tapping his fingers softly against his leg. It didn't matter what kind of movie they were watching because all she was thinking about now was that her crush was sitting next beside her and that he was ignoring her so much that it made her want him even more. So much that it hurt. She took some popcorn and stuffed with it, chewing slowly. At one point she wondered if he could hear how fast her heart was beating because she could hear it clearly in her ears, feel it strongly in her big veins and taste it in . Her lips were getting dry and so was . She looked at the bottle of beer she was holding with a disgusted face and hesitated for a while. It was like an evil circle, when she drank, she needed popcorn to make the taste go away and when she ate it it made even more dry. She reached for it and held it, looking at the writings, she saw Yonghwa getting up and leaving the room. Her heart stopped. Is he leaving? She felt like something was missing inside her. She hadn't even been able to talk to him yet. She had been too stubborn, she knew it. Suzy why do you always fall for someone who could be a good friend? Her subconscious was mocking her but she didn't agree, it had only been him. She had only fallen for him.

 

 

Yonghwa went to the fridge and brought a big bottle of water, putting it on the table. He knew that Suzy wouldn't stop drinking since there was almost only alcohol on the table. He poured a glass of water for himself so it would seem as if he had wanted to drink it in the first place. He saw Suzy's happy face even in the dark and felt himself smiling as well. He actually hated drinking water, he knew that it was good for him but he simply found it too plain. He preferred something with a flavor. He drank the water slowly, holding the glass in his hand and watched the movie. Why were things so awkward between them? Yonghwa sighed quietly and thought of what Suzy had seen.

Maybe she felt awkward about seeing Nana with him.

Maybe she felt upset that he hadn't introduced her to his girlfriend. Yonghwa sighed at the possibilities. He hadn't been thinking straight at that point. He wasn't ready to make their relationship official yet so he didn't want anyone to know except for Jonghyun. But now Suzy knew too and he wasn't sure if he could trust her. He looked at her and noticed that her body was shaking slightly. Jonghyun put his arm around her and Yonghwa smiled at first, thinking that he was being nice but something made him stop smiling and he didn't know what it was. The movie was very well made and even made Yonghwa scared sometimes, making him jump when there was a scary scene, but Suzy wasn't moving at all and unlike Hyuna, she wasn't screaming. It was as if she wasn't present in the room.

 

Suzy was looking at the screen but she wasn't really watching the movie, she tried to shut everything out and heard only a buzzing sound mixed of the movie and of Hyuna and Jonghyun's whispering. She knew that if she allowed herself to feel she would do something she could regret in the future and that wasn't something she would do to herself again. The movie was coming to an end and the screaming in the movie was getting louder. Suzy liked the feeling of Jonghyun's arm around her, somehow it created a distance between herself and Yonghwa. A well needed space. The movie ended and they all sighed out, Hyuna breathing heavily and hugging Jonghyun's other arm hard. Yonghwa turned the lights on again and Jonghyun whined, pulling away from the two girls and leaving them alone on the couch. Hyuna hugged Suzy tightly and Suzy hugged her back, smiling. She had missed her even though they had been in the same room all this time. Hyuna finally pulled away and looked at Yonghwa.

 

“Are you guys hungry, or?” She asked but didn't wait to hear the answer.

 

“Let's order pizza!” She said and reached for her cellphone.

 

“Yes let's” Yonghwa nodded and scratched his cheek, looking at Jonghyun. Jonghyun was looking happier than ever. The lines between his eyebrows were gone and his lips had formed a smile making his dimples vaguely visible.

 

“” Hyuna said and looked up from her phone.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Just a bit over 10” Jonghyun replied her, looking at her to find an answer from her face, to see what was wrong.

 

“They don't deliver so late here, we need to go there to bring it” She said, nodding softly.

 

“It's alright, we'll just go then” Yonghwa nodded and got ready to go.

 

“Ani Hyung, I'll go, stay here and protect the booze” he laughed and took his jacket. Suzy looked at Hyuna who was looking at Jonghyun. She was feeling confused, not really following the conversation as her imagination was telling her that Yonghwa was looking at her and that she needed to do her very best to not look back at him.

 

“ You don't know the way, I'll come with you” Hyuna said and got up, taking her purse and jacket. Yonghwa and Suzy finally looked at each other, realizing the situation, but before any of them could protest against the two, they were already saying their goodbyes and leaving.

A/N:I've been in a real writing-mode these days haha, better enjoy it while it lasts. Please let me know what you think~