Movie night PART 1

We will find each other.

Yonghwa's POV

Yonghwa was looking at himself in the mirror, running a hand through his hair to push it back, he frowned at the failed result and ruffled is hair instead. His mood wasn't really good, ha had been planning to meet with Nana this evening but she had cancelled on him, telling him that she needed to study. Yonghwa didn't understand his girl sometimes, he didn't get why she needed to study more right after their mid-term exams. She would come in the top 10 list again. He left the bathroom and went to sit on the couch in the spacious living room, taking his phone and scrolling through his contact-list to see the possibilities of doing something else tonight. It was thursday and most people were preparing for their classes on friday, but Their school was the only one that gave their students the friday after exam week free. He groaned in disappointment and finally called his best friend.

 

“Ah Hyung, you called?”

 

“Jong, hey! What's up? Yonghwa said with a bored voice.

 

“Not much not much, trying to get out of Jiyeon's drama” Yonghwa heard him chuckle from the other side of the phone. He knew Jonghyun's feelings towards Jiyeon was slowly fading and he was only being with her from loyalty.

 

“As always” Yonghwa said and chuckled as well. Even though he knew that the boy didn't have as strong feelings for Jiyeon anymore he knew that Jonghyun wasn't someone to break up with a girl he had been with for a year.

 

“Hyung wait, someone else is calling, I will call you right back!” Yonghwa heard the boy hang up and sighed deeply. He started looking at the pictures he had on his phone and smiled when he saw the picture they had both taken together like a couple. Nana had insisted that they take a kissing picture as well, he looked at it and felt something strange inside him. The picture that popped up in his head was Suzy's face as she kissed him. He run a hand through his hair again, this time pulling at the ends to think of something else. As if he could pull the pictures of her out of his mind by pulling his hair hard. But somehow the image of Suzy was stronger than the picture he was viewing on his phone. He shook his head and scrolled down, looking at a picture that nana had sent him, wearing her cute pink pjs. He smiled again and was able to remove the temporary picture of Suzy from his head. He saw his phone lit up and vibrate. Jonghyun had finally called him back, he picked up and put the phone to his ear.

 

“Hyung, I got invited to a movie's night!”

 

“What? By who?” Yoghwa asked, surprised and felt the evening might get a savior.

 

“By Hyuna! Will you come?” Yonghwa smiled into the phone and felt relieved that he would have something to do. He could really use something else to think about.

 

“Sure! Text me the address and time” Yonghwa said and hung up the phone, leaving to get ready. He didn't know how many people were coming and who they were but frankly, he didn't care. He changed into jeans and a plaided shirt and a red open hoodie on top of that. He sprayed on his perfume and checked his phone, there wasn't much time left until the time Jonghyun had told him so he headed for the door, taking his things in his pockets. He stopped for a while, one hand on the door handle, thinking if he should bring something with him, after a few seconds he went to his liquor cabinet and took a bottle of rum with him in a plastic bag before leaving.

Yongha lived on a busy street, his apartment was in a high building with big windows similar to a business building. The streets were always cramped with people, almost running to their destinations as if they were always late. It was like that in this part of seoul. Yonghwa was walking for the first time in a while, he usually took his car to most places but since he had decided to bring alcohol he couldn't risk having to leave his car there. He went down to the subway station and got on the line that would take him eight stops and leave him in another part of the big city.

 

Suzy's POV

Suzy was already at Hyuna's place since two hours, the girls were talking and watching random youtube videos on the girl's laptop. Hyuna had told Suzy that she had invited some friends to come over later as well and Suzy nodded smiling. She didn't mind getting to know new people and if Hyuna was their friend then she guessed that she herself would like them too. There was not a moment when Suzy wasn't smiling, the girls were having so much fun together, they were drinking a fruity drink mix with little alcohol in it that the strong taste of vodka barely came across until a few seconds after they had taken a few sips. Suzy's thoughts wandered away for a moment while they were watching a trailer for a movie but she focused herself again by drinking some more of her drink. She wasn't going to ruin this night by thinking about how hurt she was. She knew that crying wouldn't lead to anything good anyways, she would just be someone to bring the mood down. She smiled and talked with Hyuna, trying to decide what movies they would watch. When they had decided on one movie the doorbell rand and Hyuna got up to open the door. Hyuna was wearing a pair of white shorts and a big blue sweater which made it look as if she wasn't wearing any pants. Her recently dyed blonde, short hair almost brushed against her shoulders as she walked. Suzy got up and fixed her black shorts that had made their way further up her body. She pulled them back in position and took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves.

You can do it Suzy, just relax and try to stay normal.

She could hear Hyuna and the new guest's voices clearly, hearing that it was a make friend of hers. She stood in front of the couch awkwardly, waiting for the two to come inside.

 

“I'm really glad you could come!”

 

“Ah, no no. Thank you for inviting me” the voices did not seem as if they were close friends, they almost sounded nervous. She heard them walking towards the living room and waited for them to come.

 

“Suzy, hey!!” Jonghyun grinned and hugged her. Suzy felt shocked at the sudden hug, but welcomed it. Suzy had felt connected with him since the day of their assignment they had done together, despite the incident that had happened. When she thought about it, maybe Jonghyun was the good one of the two after all. They both pulled away and smiled, Suzy's cheeks being slightly pink.

 

“Annyeong Jonghyun oppa” she replied. No Suzy, you are way too fast with judging people. She knew that her first instincts about many people had been wrong but even so, she kept on thinking the best in people.

 

“What would you like to drink?” Hyuna asked Jonghyun and looked at her, she hadn't heard her speaking so formal before so to her it sounded strange, but cute. Suzy sat down on the couch while Hyuna went to bring the drinks to the living room and Jonghyun sat down beside her.

 

“So, Suzy. How are you?” Jonghyun tilted his head while asking her the question, his eyes filled with politeness and pure concern.

 

“I'm good, oppa” Suzy smiled and took a sip from her drink to avoid his gaze for a moment.

 

“And you? Is everything alright with Jiyeon?” Suzy felt as if she might have been intruding on his privacy while asking him about his girlfriend. She knew that they were having some problems, she remembered it from the time she had been in his apartment. Their expressions were saying it all.

 

“Hm” Jongyun looked as if he was surprised that she would ask about her and let out a sigh. Suzy could see that the subject was bothering him and she wished to help him if possible.

 

“We are alright” he nodded softly and looked at the laptop screen in front of them, but it was black. He bit his lip and got quiet for a moment, but just as Suzy was about to say something to break the silence he spoke again.

 

“We're a bit up and down, I guess” At that moment Hyuna came into the room, carrying a big tray with drinks and bottles. She was looking as if she was going to drop it all with her thin arms and focused expression, but she did not ask for help. Jonghyun got up immediately when he saw her struggling with the heavy tray.

 

“Be careful” he said and put the tray down on the table in front of the couches. Hyuna chuckled and started pouring drinks for the three before joining them on the couch. Hyuna had mixed a jug of a sweet but strong drink and the three were drinking it enthusiastically while chatting, the tension was loosening with the alcohol and they were laughing together. Mostly Hyuna was the one telling jokes and Jonghyun and Suzy were laughing. Jonghyun received a phone call and looked at the screen, changing his expression from a smile into a troubled one. He left to talk privately and the girls continued drinking and chatting. Suzy guessed that it was Jiyeon, but she wasn't sure even though his expression was similar to the one he was having when they she was in his apartment the last time. Suzy looked at Hyuna and saw that she was looking the way Jonghyun had went, she quickly turned her head back to meet Suzy's eyes when she heard his voice becoming more clear. He was walking around and talking on the phone, his voice wasn't clear but by his tone you could tell that it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

 

“Who do you think it is?” Hyuna asked Suzy and took a sip of her drink, tracing her finger along the glass.

 

“Maybe his girlfriend?” Hyuna nodded when Suzy replied and took her phone, texting someone, her face was also looking troubled somehow. Suzy put on a song on low volume and hummed along it. She wondered where the other friends were, and if they were coming. She looked at Hyuna who was looking slightly annoyed now.

 

“Are you alright?” Suzy asked her and poked her shoulder softly, looking at her.

 

“Yes” she nodded and shook her hand softly as if to say it was nothing. Suzy poked her again.

 

“Just the others aren't coming” she said firmly. Suzy could hear a hint of sadness in her voice even though she was hiding it well. Suzy sighed and poured more of the drink mix in Hyuna's glass.

 

“It's alright Hyuna, we'll have fun without them, won't we?” Suzy tried to sound so cheerful to maybe make hyuna feel some of her joy. Suzy didn't mind if people wouldn't come, she enjoyed her time with Hyuna and Jonghyun. Hyuna looked at her and started smiling as well.

 

“You're right” she was grinning when she was saying the last word and she ruffled her hair softly.

 

“We have us, always” Suzy nodded at Hyuna's words and felt emotional, maybe it was the alcohol that made her like this or the fact that she hadn't had a friend like her in a long time. She felt genuinely happy. Joghyun came back and plopped on the couch as if he had just came back from a long working day, the joy on his face was long gone and you could see lines between his brows telling that he wasn't able to relax. Hyuna nudged him and he turned his head.

 

“Don't be so grumpy” she said, nodding repeatedly, teasing him. Jonghyun chuckled and seemed to feel better after Hyuna had spoken. He just needed something to take his mind off the conversation he had just had. The doorbell rang and Suzy looked at Hyuna, surprised.

 

“Your parents are back?” Suzy asked. Hyuna didn't reply and got up, opening the door. Suzy smiled at Jonghyun and waited for Hyuna to come back. Suzy didn't listen to Hyuna speaking so she didn't hear whose voice it was that was replying to her.

 

“Oppa, what movies do you like?” Suzy asked Jonghyun, smiling at him.

 

“I like horror movies” he chuckled.

 

“But it's alright if you two don't want, I'm fine with anything” he nodded.

 

“That's perfect, since we picked a horror movie to watch” Suzy laughed at his reaction.

 

“Really?” Suzy nodded and hit his shoulder playfully.

 

Yonghwa's POV

Yonghwa got inside the living room with Hyuna who was holding the plastic bag with whiskey in her hand. He looked at Suzy and say her giggling and smiling next to Jonghyun. He felt annoyed for no reason. He hadn't thought Suzy would be here, he was stupid for not knowing she would be here though, since he knew Hyuna and her were best friends. He took a deep breath and tried to be normal. This will be so awkward. Yonghwa shook his head and cleared his throat, trying to catch their attention.

 

“Hi guys”

 

A/N: Hey everyone!!! I hope you like this chapter!!! Please comment and subscribe and everythingg! Thank you for reading, you make my day more than you think~ Btw, when I write that it's their point of view I know it's not really their point of you but it's like, focused on that character?  yes this, I hope that makes sense~