Keep your head down

We will find each other.

That weekend Suzy didn't leave her room, after Hyuna had left the morning after the party she had been staying by herself and reading several books to distract herself. She didn't want to think of what had happened during the party and was determined that if she would pretend that it hadn't happened it would simply disappear forever. Sure she had some flashbacks occasionally but all in all she was managing well. After all, she had been through worse and even though it was sad to accept, she had somehow gotten used to it all. When the new week finally started Suzy had no problem with getting up and ready for school, well there she spoke with Hyuna during breaks and focused on her school work during class. She could feel Yonghwa looking at her and trying to make eye contact with her but she pretended not to notice. Whenever she wasn't with Hyuna in the hallways she would take out her phone and pretend to be texting someone while walking so that no one would talk to her.

 

“Suzy, is something wrong?” Hyuna asked, looking at Suzy with concern. Suzy packed her bag quickly and looked up at the other girl, smiling.

 

“No, why do you ask?” She chuckled and buttoned her trench coat and pulled Hyuna with her out of class. Hyuna made a squealing sound as she was dragged along out of the school building and on their way home. Suzy tickled Hyuna waited for her to laugh and indeed it came quickly as the girl burst out in a choking laugher, snapping her hands in a vicious manner to make Suzy stop. The girl both laughed when Suzy finally stopped and Hyuna forgot what she had been asking in the first place. Before the two girls parted Hyuna was finally sick of Suzy behaving in a strange way, despite the fact that they hadn't known each other for long Hyuna knew enough of the girl to understand that something was in fact wrong. However, she also knew that Suzy was not ready to talk about it so she suggested they have a movie night at her place on thursday. Suzy agreed happily as she liked spending time with her friend and thought it could be a nice way to get her mind off things, they hugged and went home.

 

In the evening Suzy came out from a bath and went to her room, she plopped on her bed and took her notebook out to study for her exams she would have the next day, she started reading out loud from her notes and squinted her eyes occasionally to be able to read her messy handwriting. When she was no longer sure wether her notes were actually real words or if she had only made doodles with her pen out of boredom she stopped reading and rubbed her forehead, reaching for her phone. There was two unread texts, she clicked them and started reading with an indifferent look on her face.

 

[text; Hyuna] I asked my parents if we could be here on thursday and they said it's alright as long as we stay quiet after midnight.

 

[text; Hyuna] Omf they told me now that they will go on a business trip on thursday, perfff

 

Suzy imagined Hyuna's grin on her face as she read the messages, she would grin so that her teeth would only slightly show and her eyes would somehow always sparkle. Suzy was just about to put her phone away when her phone vibrated and received another text. She smiled to herself, expecting another message from Hyuna but was felt her heart skip one beat when she realised it wasn't from her.

 

[text; Yonghwa] Hey Suzy, how are you?

 

Her fingers started to itch, wanting to reply to him and tell him all the feeling she had tried to keep inside of her for the past few days. That she had remembered everything that happened that night, that all she could think of was how his sweet lips felt like cotton candy against hers as she kissed them, that every nerve in her body felt hurt when thought about him being with someone else, that she missed him terribly and last but not least that she was sorry. But her fingers did not move, instead she stared at the blank space on the screen where she was to write a reply and breathed heavily trying to focus her thoughts. She could not put in words, something that would sound believable and yet not be the truth. She stayed like that for a spare moment that for her seemed to be an eternity but in fact was no more than ten minutes.

Just write something Suzy. She shook her head to the voice in her head and put her phone away. She didn't want to get involved with someone whom she had feelings towards but knew that they were not mutual. Not even if they would only be friends, she wouldn't be able to restrain herself from those perfect lips if she were to become is close friend.

No, Nope, there's no way I'm going there, she nodded and put her phone aside, leaving to dry her wet hair.

 

The next day was rainy and moody, the clouds in the sky looked as if they were angry with each other, moving against each other, creating thunder. Suzy did not feel like going to school when she was finally outside in the cold weather but she could not skip class today out of all days, she needed to take her exams.

The walk to school seemed longer and less appealing this day, she thought about the two exams she had this day and wrinkled her nose trying to remember all the facts properly, hearing herself say them out loud in her head and stopping sometimes to repeat them to herself. As she finally got closer to campus she decided to take the back entrance into the school building, that way she wouldn't have to go though all the people standing under the roof at the entrance door, this also lowering the risk of bumping into Yonghwa or Jonghyun before the exams start. She took the next turn and stated walking the narrow path beside the high fences, almost shoulder against the brick walls of the school. Suzy felt the soft mud cling onto her boots as she took a step and not letting go until the very moment she lifted them up from the ground. She didn't mind getting her shoes dirty anyways, as long as she would not have to deal with her real problems, she could manage a little dirt. Suzy was about to lift her foot up from the viscous mud but stopped as she heard some low voices who should not have been so far away from where she was. Suzy was surprise, she hadn't expected to see someone here. She tried to shut out the sound of the rain to hear if there was any voices she recognized but the only thing she could distinguish was that there were a boy and a girl. She heard soft giggles and a deep voice speaking. Suzy glanced at her watch, for the first time in years she used the watch as a tool instead of just an accessory. Exams would start in ten minutes and she really should be going if she didn't want to miss them. She sighed and cursed herself for being shy and not wanting to meet someone now. But suddenly and perhaps miraculously the voices stopped and Suzy let out a sigh of relief, starting to walk again. She looked up when it was time to make a turn and took her bag, searching for her student id in order to enter the backdoor. When Suzy looked up again she saw that she was not the only one taking this path to have some privacy. In that moment she wished she had never looked up from the ground.

 

A/N: Hey guys!! I just wanted to say that I have a banner for this story now and I'm really happy and thankful! A good friend of mine made it for me and she is also a writer here on aff her username is khyunahs and just uploaded her first fic! Check her out~ I hope you will all like the chapter!!