The image of you..

We will find each other.

 

It was early springtime and Suzy was sitting in her room, eyeing the different high school catalogues she had been given from her parents. The wind was blowing inside her room from the open window and she had wrapped herself in her favourite blanket, laying on her bed. She liked it better when it was cold and she would always have her window open if it got too hot for her to use her blanket. The catalogues were mostly dull and didn’t have much inside them,  or well they didn’t mean much for her anyways. She didn’t care about their different specialities or if their cafeteria food was the best in the country, she just needed to make sure people there weren’t as ignorant as people in her last school. People in her past. And there was nothing about that in the catalogues..
 
Suzy dropped the one she was looking through and looked up at the ceiling, stars. She loved stars, when she was little she used to say that she wanted to become a star when she grows up, just like the ones up in the sky. She wanted to shine bright for everyone to watch her and she wanted to bring people joy. She looked up at the stars in her ceiling and let out a sigh, why do I have to go through this? She thought to herself and closed her eyes thinking of what had happened. She was kicked out of school basically, or as the students and teachers were told she had had to take an early semester, but in fact Suzy couldn't manage to go to school anymore, people were bullying her and even her best friend had turned her back on her. All because of her one incident at a party. It’s crazy how rumours can spread so quickly, not more than 2 days after the party people would start to look at Suzy differently when she walked in the hallway to get to her lessons,  small things like accidentally bumping into her while you could clearly see there was enough room for two people to walk beside each other. She could take this because she was focusing on her studies but slowly things got worse and after some time it was like Suzy didn’t exist anymore.  She was ignored and talked about, everyone hated her and she didn’t understand why.  How can they all believe rumours? 
 
She opened her eyes again and blinked a few times trying to keep herself from crying. The saddest part must’ve been the teachers though, they knew what the kids were saying about her, calling her a and saying that she's worthless but none of them tried to do anything about it, nothing. When she started crying in the school cafeteria because she just couldn't take it anymore they would call her an attention trying to make everyone feel pity for her. At this point She couldn’t take it anymore so she just stopped going to school. She ran away from life. At first she pretended she had a headache or a cold for some days and when that was old she said her tummy was hurting. Days turned to weeks though and her parents said she should go to school even if she isn't completely well, she couldn’t afford missing school, so she changed her ways. She would pretend she's going to school in the morning and then go to her hiding place about 1 hour away from her home. It was a beautiful place really, a green hill with a big old tree on the top, she could sit there and watch her city in slow motion from there. Everything seemed to be so distant from there and that made her feel safe. She didn’t need to think about other things just the beauty of this place. All alone with her favourite music playing in her ears, for some moments she would be able to forget about reality and what was causing her constant pain inside. She was never caught doing this since she was planning it well, she always came home on time and she had her school things with her so it would seem like she had just come home from school. She could pretend so well, until the teachers were getting worried and called home. Suzy made a face and made fists out of her palms. Now they were worried? She thought as she tried not to cry too loudly now. Only then her parents found out she had been skipping school for more than a month without their knowledge, they felt stupid for not noticing but also devastated when they heard what she had been going through.  And now she was laying here, trying to make a decision for herself. 
 
 
How should I know which school to pick? Suzy thought to herself as she went through the catalogues, not really paying attention to the actual information about the schools. Everything will be the same anyways, the same fake people and I will never be able to trust anyone. They will all just hurt me again. She was about to close the last catalogue of the five her parents had carefully picked out for her when she saw something at the last page. A boy. It was at that part where some students are picked out to tell people about the school, saying how good it is and all those lies to make students feel welcomed. She didn't care about that though, all she could see was his beautiful face. Nothing else was important now, it could take a second for Suzy to make up her mind about something and when she did she would never look back. She read out his name and ran her fingers through her hair. Lee Jonghyun. The name felt good, strong but sweet. She turned to the front page and read the name of the school. 별만 학교 (Byeolman Hakgyo), Only stars school, that’s so cute. I will be going there this semester. 
 
The image of you in my mind made me feel warmth, like you were my light. The image of you brought me there.