The Text + Kyu Trying to Get Yon-Hei

My "Cousin" is Dating Leeteuk (HIATUS)

 

Leeteuk’s POV:

            I excused myself to the restroom and breathed deeply. I stared at myself in the mirror. C’mon, Park Jungsoo! It’s been 2 years already! I pulled up my blondish bangs and the lines that had slowly formed on my forehead since that year So-Hee had broken up with me.

Flashback:

            “So-Hee!” I greeted her excitedly. It had been days since we last met, and my busy schedule only allotted me two hours for the date I had planned with her. I was dating So-Hee secretly since TaeTeuk was rising in popularity and Manager Hyung had cautioned me to keep this image as realistic as possible.

            I pulled her into a tight hug and she gave me a weak smile. “Are you alright, So-Hee?” I released her and stared worriedly at her pale face and dark, sunken eyes.

            “Ye-es, Oppa. I just feel tired.” I hugged her again more gently this time and kissed her forehead. It must be hard dating a celebrity and stressful trying to keep it a secret. I walked her over to a nearby bench and sat her down. We were at a park faraway from modernity. Only old couples occasionally pass by, smiling at us with appreciation.

            “Do you want to get something, So-Hee?” I asked her. She probably needs some water and food to get her energy level up again. So-Hee nodded and stood up, wobbling on her feet.

            “Here, want a piggyback ride?” I squatted down for her.

            “But Oppa, I’m heavy.” She pouted.

            “It’s alright. I’m strong enough. I mean, haven’t you seen my abs?” I laughed.

            “Uh-huh, like you have any.” Then So-Hee slowly got down on my back and hooked her arms around my neck while I wrapped her legs around my waist. She breathed into my right ear, “Oppa…”

            “Hey no talking. I’ve gotta save my energy for carrying you.” I thought I heard a small sigh and I wonder what she has to tell me. By her previous tone, it sounded serious.

            We arrived at a small, family restaurant (this place has no cafés and no malls…)

            I put So-Hee down and we walked into it.

            “Anyeonghaseyo!” An old ahjumma waved to us. I had So-Hee sit down by a small white diner table. “Oppa…” She started again. “Wait here, I’ll order something first and then we can talk. I’m craving some toppoki right now and you know how I get without my toppoki.” I gave her a wink and walked up to the counter.

            “May I have one large toppoki meal, one boba taro tea, and one bungeoppang please?” I knew bungeoppang was So-Hee’s favorite pastry.

            “That would be $25.65, sir.” I handed her the money and dawdled around a bit, impatient for my toppoki. I glanced back at So-Hee. Her face was really downcast, and I wondered what was the matter.

            Finally, the ahjumma gave me a tray filled with our orders and I walked back to So-Hee. When I handed her the boba taro milk tea and the bungeoppang, she looked like she was about to cry. I, however, dismissed the look on her face and started eating my toppoki. This restaurant just might become my favorite getaway whenever I crave toppoki.

            “What were you going to tell me, So-Hee?”

            “Oppa…” Then her phone rang. When she saw who it was, her face hardened again. She turned to me with a steely glint in her eyes.

            “I’m sorry Leeteuk, but I have to tell you something.” I laughed nervously, So-Hee never calls Leeteuk…

            “I have no love left for you in my heart. To be honest, I’ve been cheating on you for the last 3 months. The person who just called is my boyfriend. We have a date today actually. So if you would excuse me,” She grabbed her purse and got up.

            As she passed me, I grabbed her arm. “Why?” I turned to her. Why did the love disappear? Is it because I did something wrong? We’ve been dating since my debut. How can you just leave me like this? You’re part of me. Don’t you understand, Shin So-Hee?”

            “Ok fine. Wanna know the truth? I dated you for your money. I pretended to act all cute and innocent around you so I could get money. Sorry but that’s how the world works.” She shook free of my grasp and walked to the door. Then she turned back again, “By the way, I withdrew $2000 from your credit card account yesterday. If you don’t want the media to know that you’ve been dating me, you better keep quiet about it.”

            She was putting salt on my wound. The Shin So-Hee I loved disappeared in seconds. I stared blankly at the boba taro milk tea and the bungeoppang, which she had not touched. Was this what she was planning to tell me all along?

            I scanned the restaurant and found only the ahjumma staring at me with pity in her eyes.

Leeteuk’s POV:

            There was a lump in my throat. I knew I was gonna get emotional any seconds now. But that was the past. Now I had Yon-Hei. She’s true. She’s not like So-Hee. I breathed deeply again and opened the text message:

Oppa, I want to have dinner with you at your dorm today.

            I trembled. It was that familiar “oppa”. I’ve yearned to hear her voice, to touch her face, and to have her fill the emptiness in my arms. I thought I had already forgotten her, but that feeling was still there. I don’t want her to be remind me of our past. Yet at the same time I want to see her.

            Slowly, with shaking fingers, I texted back: Sure. @7. I’ll pick you up.

My POV:

            I saw Teukie Oppa coming out, his face confused and sad at the same time.

            “Are you okay Teukie Oppa?” I asked. He seemed startled to see me and then quickly turned his face away.

            “Sorry Yon-Hei, but let’s cancel our date today. I’ll make it up to you some other time.” I nodded.

            “But you can stick around a little while more. Just leave before 7. Manager Hyung just told me that he has a fanmeeting for me to attend today.” I nodded a bit more. He must be sad that he has to cancel our date. I shrugged and stayed in the living room.

Donghae’s POV:

            YES! JESSICA’S FREE TODAY!!! I texted her back that we should go have a date at the SHINee dorm this time since the date as f(x) dorm didn’t work so well last time. Why do we date at other SM dorms? Simple. To avoid the media’s suspicion that us two are dating. Since Jessica and I work together as partners for our Jung-Lee Foundation, we often hold “meetings” to involve other SM rosters.

            It’s the perfect excuse. Besides, Minho owes me for setting him up with Sulli last time. I stuffed my phone away and went to my room, where Heechul was lying comfortably on his bed. That dude’s probably reading rated Hanchul fanfics again…I swear he’ll turn gay someday if he keeps reading .

            I plopped down on my own bed and noted Siwon’s empty bed. He sure is busy these days. I wish we were still in our pre-debut days, as SM trainees. Back then, we acted like foolish teenager boys, giggling and teasing each other about the other girl trainees. I still remember he had a crush on Yuri back then. Now his taste has changed and he prefers Yoona as his ideal type.

            As for me, I still love Jessica. I’m a committing guy, although I’ve had fantasies about T-ara’s Eunjung and miss A’s Suzy since I watched Dream High. But not IU of course, that would make me a e. Besides, she’s more suitable for Taemin. xD

            I thought more about Teuk’s girlfriend. She really is pretty. But not as pretty as I thought she would be. You know, like the Jessica Jung kind of pretty. She looks more like Tiffany, except her eyes are smaller and her face fuller. Now that I think about it, she actually looks a lot like Katie too. But then, they’re cousins.

            “Oooh~I like this author…” Heechul whispered.

            “And I thought you liked Katie,” I snorted in disgust.

            “I do. But it’s just that those fanfics are so interesting.”

            “You know that are aimed towards women.”

            “Well some guys like to read them too.”

            “You might as well watch .” Heechul glared at me.

            “Are you insulting ? actually has a PLOT! It is a type of LITERATURE! IT JUST SHOWS HUMANITY AT ITS PUREST! IT’S JUST…”

            “What erted people read in their spare time.” I finished for him.

Kyuhyun’s POV:

            I grinned evilly as I overheard Teuk canceling his date with Yon-Hei. It’s perfect time for me to intervene and charm the lady and steal her from the ahjussi! He’s way too old for her anyways.

            I waited for Teuk to go to his room and then I swooped in to save the distressed damsel just like in those cheesy fairytale stories!

            Or not.

            I fell on my face because stupid me didn’t look where I was going and slipped on a banana peel. I didn’t think you can actually slip on those. I mean, only cartoon characters do that right? My face really hurts. And I cursed Wookie for not cleaning up our dorm.

            “Are you okay?” I saw Yon-Hei’s face peering down on me.

            “I will be okay once noona helps me up.” Time to play the innocent little boy.

            “I’m not your noona.”

            “What are you talking about? You’re one year older than me right? I mean that’s what Teuk ahjussi told me.”

            “Oh yeah. Sorry. It’s just that I’m so used to calling people Oppa and Unni.” She scratched her head embarrassedly.

            “Aren’t you gonna help me up noona?” I , holding an arm up. Yon-Hei laughed and helped me up. I looked at her expectantly. “Can you lead me to the couch so I can lay down noona?”

            “Can’t you just walk by yourself?”

            “But I’m hurt, noona. I just fell on my face 5 seconds ago remember noona?”

            “You mean 2 minutes ago?” This girl is starting to get annoying. She sounds like one of those smartass high school girls who takes everything I say literally. At least she’s not calling me oppa like the rest of them.

            I grumpily walked over to the couch, “Now noona since I can’t walk that well, can you get me a cup of orange juice?”

            “I’m not your slave, why should I get you a cup of orange juice? Stop acting like a little kid.” O_o She’s getting irritated already? I wonder how Teuk ahjussi can deal with her. I cleared my throat, “Noona…” Then the door to our dorm suddenly opened.

            What the…? Only Manager Hyung and us Super Junior members know the passcode. A girl walked in.

            “Hi Kyu! Why so shocked to see me? Remember your So-Hee Noona?”

            Oh no. This isn’t gonna be good.


Author's Note: LOL I ♥ cliff-hangers. Sorry about the random conversation between Chul and Hae about :3 didn't know what else they were gonna talk about. Anyways, comment/subscribe!