Yesung's Past

My "Cousin" is Dating Leeteuk (HIATUS)

Leeteuk’s POV:

            What’s wrong with Yesung today? I wondered as I soothed Yon-Hei. There was an ugly red blotch on her face from the car door incident. She was sobbing quietly and I gently hugged her. Eunhyuk and Sungmin looked a bit embarrassed to be sitting there in the car with us.

            “Aish! That Yesung always thinks he’s so great!” Sungmin huffed. Eunhyuk nodded fervently in agreement.

            “Sorry Yon-Hei! We’ll make it up to you!” Eunhyuk reassured her. Yon-Hei seemed calmer. “It’s ok. Yesung Oppa probably doesn’t want any scandals about Leeteuk dating me. I’ll just stay out of his way next time.” She is so thoughtful of others…I was unconsciously staring at her again.

            “What about your car hyung?” Eunhyuk asked. I shrugged. “We could call a toll truck but what if they find out it’s my car? Then the media will bug manager hyung about why I was out during the night on a deserted road. Then they will think I’ve been drinking and crashed the car or something. You know how the tabloid is about these kind of stuff.”

            Sungmin thought for a bit and replied, “How about we let Yon-Hei handle the call? They won’t suspect a nice innocent angel like her.” He turned to her, “Right Yon-Hei?” Yon-Hei nodded hesitantly, “But what about the driver’s license? Wouldn’t they want that? I don’t have one.”

            “Let’s just call manager hyung and he’ll hopefully be able to get your car back, Teuk. I mean, I’m sure celebrities like you forget to get gasall the time.” Eunhyuk suggested with a hint of sarcasm of his voice.

            I sighed and pulled out my cell phone.

Heechul’s POV:

            I was waiting impatiently on the couch when Yesung came home, his face dark with anger. I rushed up to him immediately, “What did she look like?” He raised his eyes up slowly to meet mine and pushed me away. I stood there, stunned by his actions. Yesung, despite his mysteriousness, was usually a gentle, soft-spoken guy. He was always polite, but he never reveals anything to us, except for Wookie.

            I glanced out the window and saw Leeteuk comforting a sobbing girl. I could barely make out Eunhyuk and Sungmin in the front seat. Was the girl the reason for Yesung’s strange behavior? I had heard of bits and pieces of his past from his mother, who came to visit us once and made me promise to look after Yesung for her. I had wondered why she would appoint me as his guardian when I wasn’t even the oldest and the most responsible.

            “He’s been through a lot, my Yesung. You must look after him for me, Kim Heechul. He is a fragile child, introverted and full of wild dreams and passions. He is very heady when it comes to things that he wants. For example, there was once a girl whom he liked. He insisted on taking her out for ice cream everyday because she loved ice cream. I could tell the girl didn’t like her, and Yesung did too. But he didn’t want to give her up. In the end, the girl moved away and left him a letter with hurtful words in it. That’s my Yesung for you. He loved that girl with all his heart and when he got rejected, he never set his eyes on another girl. I’m afraid that he has fallen in love again, Heechul. I don’t know who, but I know that Yesung knows that they will never be together. Watch out for my boy. I don’t want him to be ruined because of love.”

            After Mrs. Kim told me these things about Yesung, I felt I understood a little more about Mr. Mysterious. He wasn’t an alien. He was just a very sentimental being who is trying very hard to build a hard outer-shell around his heart. I promised Mrs. Kim that I would look out for Yesung.

            Now it’s time to fulfill that promise.

            I knocked the door to Yesung’s room softly. When I heard no sound, I opened it and peeked in. I knew he hated intrusions but I had to make sure he was alright. He was buried under his blanket with Ryeowook staring worriedly at him and trying to rouse him up. Kyuhyun, who also shared the room with them, was busily tapping away on his laptop. That kid. Probably playing Star Wars again.

            When Wookie saw me, he got up immediately. “Hyung what happened to him?” I shook my head, “It might have something to do with Teuk’s date.” Wookie nodded understandingly, trying to comprehend what Yesung would have against Teuk’s date.

            I sat down on Yesung’s bed and tapped him. “Get up and tell us what happened!”

Ryeowook’s POV:

            Yesung wiggled deeper and tighter into his blanket when Heechul Hyung tapped him and demanded him to tell us what happened. Heechul proceeded to shake him harshly and I stopped him before Yesung gets mad. Trust me, you do not want to anger him. The last time Kyu had made him made, he had thrown his laptop out the window.

            “You don’t want to get him mad hyung.” I warned Heechul.  

            He sighed, “Yesung, when will you open up to us all? We really do care for you and we would do anything to help you out of your troubles.” When did Heechul become so cheesy?

            I went over to Kyuhyun and watched him as he played on his laptop. He was totally absorbed as usual. “Kyu…” I prodded him, “Yesung Hyung’s moody. Do you know anything that will make him better?”

            *Silence…cricket, cricket*

            Our maknae really needs to learn to let go of his gaming passion. It might kill him someday and he’ll never get a girl.

            “CHO KYUHYUN!” I shouted. Kyu flinched a bit and gave me an annoyed look. “Alright Wookie what is it?”

            “Yesung Hyung’s been like this since he came to our room.” I gestured towards Yesung. “How do you make him better? I can’t stand seeing him like this.”

            “Oooh~so our Wookie cares for someone here.”

            “Kyu you know I care for all of you equally.”

            “Awww I’m not your favorite?”

            “Ok fine maybe you are.”

            “That’s my Wookie!” Kyu gave me a cute smile before jumping off his bed and tackling Yesung.

Yesung’s POV:

            I could hear the conversation between Kyu and Wookie. Is the maknae really Wookie’s favorite? But I must be more special to him! My fists clenched tightly. I will never be good enough for Ryeowook. He doesn’t have feelings for me. Even if he were gay, he would choose Kyu, not me. He was more manly and had a likeable personality. I tried to stifle my tears.

            Then I felt an enormous lump crash onto me. “SUNGIE HYUNG!” I had hoped that it was Wookie, but it was Kyu. I shook him off, hoping he would leave me alone before I explode and let my thoughts about Wookie all slip out.

            But he didn’t stop. He kept on pestering me with his annoying “SUNGIE HYUNG” yell. I finally got up and pulled my cover off me. I gave Kyu a death glare. “Don’t do that again.” Then I went back to my covers.

            I felt a smaller lump that landed on me. “Yesung hyung, you mustn’t do this to yourself, it’s emotionally unhealthy for you.” It was Wookie. I softened a bit and listened to him ranting on about how depression can overtake me if I keep on going like this. Wookie wouldn’t do this if he doesn’t care for me right?

            He droned on and I felt myself falling asleep.

Leeteuk’s POV:

            “Manager hyung said he’ll fix it. I’ll take Yon-Hei home and you two should go now and catch some sleep. We have a big performance tomorrow!” I said. Eunhyuk and Sungmin pouted suddenly.

            “What?”

            “You haven’t even thanked us yet.” Sungmin pouted more, bringing out all his aegyo skills. No wonder he’s paired up with Sunny to be the Sun-Sun couple.

            “Ok then. Thank you very much Sungmin and Eunhyuk. Now can you guys leave?” Sungmin was about to say more but Eunhyuk poked him in the rib. “Can’t you see Teuk needs some time alone with his girlfriend?”

            Pink boy pouted some more but eventually left with Eunhyuk practically dragging him to the dorm. I smiled at my members. Then I turned to Yon-Hei.

            “Sorry about tonight, Yon-Hei. I’ll make it up to you the next..” I stopped myself. What if Yon-Hei doesn’t want to date me anymore after what has happened? I took a deep breath, “Would you go on a date with me again?” She smiled her angelic smile.

            “Of course Oppa! Even though you kind of messed up this time, I’ll give you a second chance!” She held out two fingers. I laughed at her cuteness and drove her home.

            I walked to her front door and we shared another kiss under the moonlight. “I really do love you, Yon-Hei.” I told her. She blushed a little before replying, “I love you too, Leeteuk.” We kissed again and she entered her house.

            I lightly touched my lips and grinned idiotically to myself. Ae-Cha is certainly a genius at matchmaking.


Author's Note: This chapter is mainly focused on the interactions between the other members (like KRY) rather than Yon-Hei and Leeteuk. Hope you like it :) Remember to comment/subscribe!