Chapter 26 - In your eyes

White Horse

CHAPTER 26

 

IN YOUR EYES

 

She sat on the chair out at the balcony and looked down to the garden, it was winter but snow hadn’t fallen yet and that made her feel weird.

 

She sighed and held the apple in her hands, it was all red, not like in autumn, the apple was green. Then she looked up as she heard a sweet voice called for her.

 

“Princess Mommy?”

 

Her daughter ran to her and she smiled cheerfully.

 

“Mommy, I have this for you!” – The little girl handed her a small letter

 

“Where do you find this?” – She asked, putting the girl on her lap… - “It’s cold out here, you should stay inside…”

 

“I saw it in your box, Mommy… See, your name is here…” – The little girl used her tiny finger to point at her name on the paper.

 

 

“To: Jin Ri

 

I tasted it, no poison.

 

Prince Charming.”

 

You found this in my box? How do you know where I put my box, baby?” – She got surprised, she didn’t know how her daughter could find it

 

The girl smirked, her big brown eyes flash a glint as she folded her two arms and said – “Mommy skipped your meal, and I told you to eat more, but you don’t… Mommy cried at night, and I told you don’t cry, but you wouldn’t listen to me, so I told Daddy!”

 

Pride and satisfaction were written on the girl’s face and voice.

 

“You told your Dad?” – She mumbled, her hands trembled

 

“Yeah, I told Daddy… And he knows me, Mommy!”

 

 

 

Sulli thought she was out of breath when she ran to the hospital lobby, her heart raced like it would reach the limit to explode in just one second. She had to hold her chest to lessened the pain and the scare that almost stabbed through her body.

 

 

Her mind was blind at this moment, she didn’t know how to do, she just ran and ran, leaving Onew behind calling her name.

 

“Ssul, be careful, don’t run!”

 

But the only thing in her mind now was him.

 

Choi Min Ho.

 

“Min Ho, oppa… Don’t scare me…”

 

Tears started to fall down her cheeks, and Sulli didn’t mind it anymore, she just let it flow, because if she didn’t, she might be killed by her scare.

 

She stopped at the entrance of the emergency room, her hands already froze, her lungs couldn’t control her breath and her legs were too weak that she felt she might fall down at any chance.

 

Key saw her and ran over furiously, he pulled her to him and whispered softly but his voice was bold – “He’s inside, don’t worry Ssul, everything is gonna be alright, I promise…”

 

He helped her to sat down on one chair and she felt the warm hand of Jong Hyun on her shoulder, she didn’t say anything, only the heavy breath of Onew could be heard and the footstep of Tae Min could be defined at the corner of the lobby.

 

“Yong Hwa hyung is inside with him, I think after the checking up, we’ll know what happen to Min Ho hyung…” – Tae Min said, he kneeled down in front of Sulli and held her shaking hands – “It’s gonna be fine, Ssul… It’s gonna be fine…”

 

Then sulli looked up and her heart was almost gripped both by the her hope and the scare that were fighting inside her mind.

 

The door opened.

 

And Yong Hwa stepped outside, he took off his medical mask off, his face showed no emotion at all.

 

Then Sulli’s eyes widened as she saw another person came out following Yong Hwa.

 

That person just stood there at smiled at her.

 

At that moment, the world around Sulli suddenly got blurred and her mind became chaos, her fingers went numbed, something hit her head so hard that she had to keep her eyes wide opening and at that moment, she saw an eyesight, her memory flooded back.

 

*Flashback*

 

3 years ago.

 

After the Festival at the University.

 

At Tiffany and Tae Yeon’s apartment.

 

Sulli stirred a bit as she opened her eyes and she realized she was on the bed in a strange room.

 

She looked around slowly as her head was aching and she couldn’t see clearly, she blinked for a while to gain a better view, she tried to raise her hand on order to touch her forehead because she felt it was burning there, but when she pulled her right hand up weakly, it touched something, and that made her looked down.

 

In the dim midnight light, Sulli tried so hard to figure out what was the thing near her hand and her heart beat like crazy when she realize “it”.

 

That was a hand, holding gently onto hers.

 

Sulli then recognized the place and she sighed, this was Tae Yeon unnie’s room.

 

Then she felt the grip on her hand become tightened and the person who held her hand slowly lift up his head.

 

“Min Ho oppa…”

 

“You’re up, huh? How do you feel? Sleep well, Princess?” – Min Ho smiled softly and his one hand touch her forehead, his eye brows got closer as he said – “You’re still burning, your fever hasn’t gone down yet…”

 

Sulli just looked at him in silence, her heart torn down hearing his word.

 

Princess?

 

How long had it been since the last time he called her Princess?

 

How long was it?

 

And that question became a sword that stabbed her chest, it tortured her and brought up the anger that was buried deep in her wounded heart for a long time ago up.

 

became dried as she said coldly.

 

“I’m not a Princess…”

 

Min Ho turned a bit and looked at Sulli’s face.

 

Her face was so pale and it hurt him seeing the anger confounded with agony in her eyes.

 

“I’ll bring you some water…” – He said gently and turned to walk out of the door, his heart ached.

 

“Stopped being good to me!” – Sulli shouted, she tried to bring herself up and sat on the bed, she struggled to go out of the bed

 

“I can do it myself… I don’t need you… Stop being good to me!”

 

“Ssul, you’re having fever…”

 

“It’s none of your business…” – She coldly starred into his eyes, tears b up

 

“Don’t be stubborn Ssul, I…”

 

“I don’t need you to be good to me, I don’t… I don’t need you to run to me like this, I don’t…”

 

“You’re burning in fever, and that’s my business Sulli… Nothing’s wrong with that!” – Min Ho’s face was stiffened at her words, he stopped going out and went back to the bed

 

“Who are you to say that I’m your business? Who are you to say that?” – Sulli said, her hands got numbs due to the anger that she couldn’t explain.

 

“I…” – Min Ho hesitated, his mind almost blind

 

“Brother, right? You’ll tell me that because you are my brother, right?” – Sulli asked, tears flew down her pale face, but she tried not to be weak, she told herself to be brave

 

“Ssul…” – Min Ho came closer, his chest was gripped desperately

 

“Just so you know, I don’t need you as my brother… When you pushed me away and told me to forget my own feeling, everything is gone…”

 

Min Ho couldn’t bear this, he knew he couldn’t.

 

“… You told me to stop, you told me to stop just an inch away from the line and you push me away, but why? Why do you go the opposite way from your words? You told me to forget you, but you come closer, you told me to bury everything down and the same way as ever you just pull me to you? Why do you have to be this cruel to me? Why? Why?”

Sulli let her feeling out, she didn’t know why but she just couldn’t hold it in anymore, it was too painful, and no matter how hard she try, she wasn’t able to fight it off.

 

“Why is it so hard for me like this? Why is it so hard to see you as my brother? Why? Why is it so hard to love you? Why am I being like this?” – Sulli cried, it hurt her to death.

 

And she got froze when she felt the two big arms wrapped around her, pulling her into his chest, she thought she even heard the strong heart beat near her ears.

 

“Let me go, let me go!” – Sulli fight, she struggled to get out and punched at Min Ho.

 

Then her mind was blown away feeling his lips crash on hers in a passionate way. He held her tight and one of his hand pulled her head closer.

 

Min Ho kissed Sulli with all his heart and his pain.

 

Then he was about to pulled away when Sulli answered the kiss and held onto his chest, he could feel her tears on his face and he used his thumbs to sweep them off.

 

Sulli couldn’t think anymore, the only thing she knew was his kiss and this moment, she knew she should push him away she knew, but this time, she couldn’t, she just couldn’t.

 

“I’m sorry, Ssul… Oppa’s sorry, Ssul…” – Min Ho whispered when he left her lips and embraced her in his arms.

 

Sulli didn’t say anything, she just leaned on him and cried her heart out, she didn’t know how long it was, it was just until she got tired from crying and fell asleep in his arms.

 

That morning, Min Ho opened the door with his big smile as he knew last night he had made it all up, this moment on, he could held her hands and lived with his true feeling, he smiled as he saw Sulli awake on the bed and she looked at him.

 

But…

 

“Min Ho oppa? Why are you here?” – Sulli asked with her confusing voice.

 

Yuri, who just followed behind Min Ho got stunned, too.

 

Why did Sulli asked Min Ho such question? Did Min ho just told her about what happened between them last night?

 

“Hi Yuri unnie…” – Sulli said softly, seeing Yuri appear behind Min Ho.

 

She forgot everything happened that night. She completely forgot it.

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

 

Sulli had to held on Jogn Hyun arms to stand up, she saw Yuri behind Yong Hwa and she just remembered the night that she forgot, no one told her about that night, the night that they almost got back together, even 3 years before their forced wedding. Min Ho didn’t tell her, too…

 

Yuri smiled and an  amusing glint flashed in her eyes when she signaled Sulli to come over.

 

“How is he? How is Min Ho oppa?” – Sulli asked weakly

 

“Can I just ask you to come with me for a while Sulli? We need to do this first…” – And Yuri pulled Sulli with her into another room next to the emergency room, following behind was Yong Hwa, Seo Hyun’s husband.

 

 

“How is oppa, unnie?”

 

“This is her chart Doctor Jung, I mean Yong Hwa ssi… Can you see it?” – Yuri just smiled and show Yong Hwa the paper that she hung on the wall…

 

“This is the chart when she diagnosed with the syndrome when she was 14, and this one is when she was pregnant with Yoo Geun, her first baby…” – Yuri stopped, looking at Sulli

 

Then she turned a bit and pointed at the last chart on the wall which was displayed by the monitor – “And this one is for the last 2 months…”

 

“There are different…” – Yong Hwa simply said

 

“That’s what I want to say, those three are different… And it took me and Doctor Kim several months to work and study on this…” – Yuri excitedly said

 

“So, so you think what I learn from these docs is the same as your study?” – Yong Hwa asked back, and he looked at the nervous and worried Sulli.

 

“Right, it’s not the reason for her syndrome, and what we find out is far from what we thought in the past… And one of the big reason that help us on the way is her, Sulli… Thanks to her 2 – pregnancy…” – Yuri calmly said, she walked over Sulli and hold her shaking shoulders.

 

Then she continued – “We still need time to make the conclusion, but at this moment, the only conclusion that we can say is her husband doesn’t need to go for any further checkup, the only thing that makes us worry is that his morning sickness is too serious that it makes him stress out without awareness and his heart has to suffered from that tiring…” – Yuri laughed a bit as she saw Yong Hwa came to the opposite side of the room and pulled aside the curtain, revealing a pale Choi Min Ho lying on the bed.

 

With a sheepish smile on his face.

 

“Hi Ssul…” – He shyly said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey there, new update!!!!

Please upvote and comment... ah, and follow me on Twitter @6002theCeroro ^^

From Ceroro with love <3