Chapter 17 - The Call

White Horse

CHAPTER 17

 

THE CALL

 

 

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

 

She was standing in a garden, around her were a lot of kind of flowers. They were all bloomed and sent out that kind of floral scent. She looked around and found a clump of white chrysanthemum, a strong desire built up in her stomach which guided her to come over the white hedge where those flowers were, slowly she walked towards them and her hand reached out to touch the nearest one.

 

As soon as her finger touched the flower’s tiny petal, suddenly her mind was blown up with a scene in which she saw the two kids on a green field.

 

She was there, sitting on a wooden swing which was hung up by the big branch of the huge tree.

 

The tall boy with those big brown eyes came towards her, a huge bunch of white chrysanthemum in his arms. The boys smiled brightly, his eyes sparkled. Her heart skipped a beat looking into his eyes, a butterfly wave brimmed up from her stomach.

 

The boy looked so familiar.

 

His eyes.

 

His smiled.

 

His figure.

 

She was still sitting on the swing, her breath became uneven – “Why am I feeling like this? Who is this boy? Why is he looking so familiar? Every time I look into his eyes, my heart beat faster as if it recognizes its old friend… No, as if my heart recognized its missing part… Why am I being like this?”

 

The boy came across the swing as if he didn’t see her. He smilingly continued his happy steps as he went up the hill and started waving. She turned her head towards his waving direction and found across the tree was standing a young pretty girl in a pink pastel dress.

 

The girl waved back at the boy as she ran towards him.

 

The sunset ray opposing behind her, then she saw all the flowers behind the girl bloomed in just one moment.

 

The girl came closer and when she called “Oppa! Min Ho oppa!”, she felt like her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. She starred down at the two kids, holding her breath in every second. The light around them became brighter, it even made her hard to see clearly.

 

The boy smiled brightly, he gave all of those white chrysanthemums to the girl as he grinning near her face, his hand touched her tiny nose and she heard him whispered “Sulli! You’re back… You’re really back! You remember me, don’t you? You know me, don’t you?”

 

She traced down the girl’s face.

 

Every single feature on that young pretty girl’s face made her heart sank in joy. She could feel how her heart beat in fast and eagerness as it realized the girl.

 

“I know her, I know this girl… I just can’t remember who she is. I know her. My heart knows her. My soul realizes her. I know her.” – She whispered desperately to herself

 

The girl lifted up her head to look at the boy’s face and with a gesture of loving, she kissed his cheek and said “I know you, of course I know you, you are Min Ho oppa, my oppa, you are Choi Min Ho, Jin Ri’s Choi Min Ho…”

 

“You’re really back?”

 

The girl smiled mischievously as she tiptoed and planted another soft kiss on the boy’s cheek again and answered him – “I'll come back…When you call me…
No need to say goodbye…”

 

She closed her eyes and when she opened them again, she found herself back in the garden previously and there was a gentle and upright old woman standing there, watering the rose bush near the white gate of the garden.

 

She held the dropped white chrysanthemum that fell on the ground from the tall boy’s at the hill where she met the two kids tightly in her palm.

 

The old woman turned her head and their eyes met.

 

“Good morning, sweetheart…. How are you? I’m waiting for you…” – She smiled, giving her a gesture to come closer.

 

“Good morning…” – She looked around nervously, trying to figure out who the old woman was, she was a stranger to her, but deep in her heart, she knew it, she knew her hear knew this woman, she knew her heart remember who she was, as it was now full of love and intimacy with the smiling woman.

 

“Have you met them, sweetheart?”

 

“Who? Do you mean those two kids?” – She asked, hesitated to take the woman’s hand

 

“Yeah, those two cutie…”

 

“I don’t know them, but they’re familiar, I feel like my heart, my heart realizes them… Who are they? Why did I meet them?”

 

“Now, it’s time, dear… It’s time for you to go back…” – the old woman guided her to the white gate, slowly and gently, her voice was so calm and deep that made her feel at easy and be loved.

 

“Go back? Where?” – She confused, her steps were so closed to the edge of the gate and the outside land.

 

“Do you remember what the girl said?” – The woman smiled, rubbing her hands

 

“She said, “I'll come back…When you call me…No need to say goodbye…” – She answered, her mind was actually full of those words after seeing them at the field.

 

“Do you remember the boy’s name?”

 

“I heard the girl call him Min Ho, Choi Min Ho…”

 

“He’s calling for you, as your promise, dear… It’s time to go back, you’ll come back, when he calls you…”

 

“Who is he?”

 

“You’ll know soon, dear… Just remember this… You have to remember this… Just because everything's changing, doesn't mean it's never been this way before. Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light. Now we're back to the beginning. It's just a feeling and no one knows yet. But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget. Let your memories grow stronger and stronger til they're before your eyes. You'll come back when they call you. No need to say good bye.

 

Can you hear the voice?

 

He’s calling for you, they are calling for you. Now, it’s time for you to go back, dear…”

 

“Who are you? Why don’t you go with me?”

 

“Me? Just remember I love you, Sulli… That’s all I can tell… Go, and start over, it’s time for you to go… I love you…”

 

Then the gate opened and a flash light shine straight into her eyes, a voice came into her mind, softly, yet lovingly…

 

“I have die every day waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid, I have love you for a thousand  years, I would love you for a thousand more…

 

I love you, Ssul…

 

I love you…

 

I love you…”

 

“Me? I’m your Grandma… Be happy and good luck, my dear… I love you, too… Goodbye, my dear Princess…”

 

 

The voice grew stronger and clearer as she could figure out a deep warm voice saying up above in the air, she took a deep breath and tried to open her eyes, but all she could see was a blur white light and it soon made her fall asleep again. The only thing she could remember was someone saying in a deep warm tone.

 

“If it is, I will make her fall in love with me again… I will make my wife fall for me again.”

 

 

She slowly opened her eyes as she felt like her lungs were longing for some fresh air. Her two eyes heavily snapped opened as she slowly realized the light through her opening eyelids.

 

Something murmured beside her ears and she getting anxious hearing footsteps that were in hurry, and she know people were running here and there around her.

 

Her heart beat faster, faster and faster as she heard someone called her name.

 

Then her half deaf ears were back consciously hearing a soft shaking voice beside her  - “Sulli, Sulli, are you back? Can you hear me, my dear? Oh my God, my daughter is getting back in her consciousness… Dr. Kim, can you see that? She’s opening her eyes…” – And that feminine voice came with sobbing, hard and broken… - “She’d back, my daughter is back, thanks God, she’s back…”

 

Her blur vision became clearer a little bit.

 

She thought her heart was crazy as it beat in a furious speed, her eyes opened wider to see people around her, crying, smiling, sobbing.

 

Until…

 

Her heart skipped a beat and nearly stopped as she heard a small voice crying somewhere in the white room.

 

That voice made her heart stopped instantly.

 

He vision became clear tight away after hearing the voice.

 

A crying voice.

 

A baby crying voice.

 

She tried to turned her head towards that voice direction.

 

That was the only voice now could draw her attention, but her head was so stubborn, she felt like she was going to cry when the crying voice became louder, it hurt her hard hearing it.

 

She just wanted to stand up, she knew it was from a baby, a baby was crying near her. She knew it. Her heart sank and it tortured her. She wanted to hold the baby, she wanted to comfort the baby… She knew her heart realized that tiny voice… But she couldn’t do anything, she struggled to do something, to reach for the baby but her body wouldn’t listen to her. She got mad as her painful heart beat faster and faster.

 

She wanted to come to the baby.

 

She knew it was a baby.

 

She struggled, harder and harder. But no help.

 

Her tears started to formed at the corner of her eyes, and they streamed uncontrollably down of her cheeks, her vision got blur again.

 

She couldn’t stand the pain anymore. She couldn’t breathe hearing the baby crying.

 

And she stopped as she felt the baby was nearer, those murmuring sounds around her became lower.

 

Then she heard the foot step come, closer and closer. And the baby stopped crying.

 

She turned her head and made her eyes open as wide as she could.

 

And her eyes met two big brown eyes looking down on her, her breath became uneven again…

 

Those two eyes…

 

A voice whispered close to her face, she could even felt the warm breathe from the man with those two big brown eyes with the baby in his arms, her eyes couldn’t see that clear, but her heart was jumping inside her heart with its joyful dance, she didn’t know this man, but she knew her hear realized him. Her vision was still blur, until she heard those words – “Welcome back, Ssul… Yoo Geun ah, you are so smart, waking up right away when you know Mommy is back…”

 

 

She didn’t know how could these things could happen.

 

She was awaked from a comma and they told her her name was Choi Jin Ri, they called her Choi Sulli.

 

She was still kept on the bed as they told her her condition was not good enough and she needed to be kept under control.

 

They told her so many things. But the only thing that could make her mind remember was she had lost her memory, she was back from a 4 months of unconsciousness. And her name was Choi Sulli. Her brain hadn’t been that good to catch information. The other thing that was still in her mind was a man, a young man, she knew he was there in the room, but he had never said anything to her, their eyes met sometime, and she knew her heart melt inside whenever she lost into his gaze, but they never talk, he just smiled and came everyday just to ruffle her hair. Se kept on wondering who that guy was, but she never asked him. Her mind was still weak to react to the other people.

 

She slowly opened her eyes and turned her head side by side.

 

She was alone in the room.

 

Then they captured a figure nearby, she could saw a baby in a small cradle beside her bed.

 

She didn’t know why but feeling the urge of coming closer to the baby.

 

“Why did they put a baby inside my room and kept him close to me for such a long time? Whenever I’m awake from my sleep, I can see my mother, yeah, I’m happy that gentle and beautiful woman who takes care of me these days is my mother… and the baby… Whenever I see the baby, my heart beats in joy and my hands tickling trying to reach for him. It’s a baby boy, my mom told me… But why is he being here with me?”

 

She slowly sat up and reached her hand to pull the cradle closer… Closer and closer until she could see the baby’s face.

 

“He’s so lovely… And he’s sleeping soundly…”

 

She gulped down to seek for the baby smell and her finger instinctively caressing his face… Loving feeling fulfilled her heart as she felt the baby skin.

 

She didn’t know why but her tears started to fall again, she held her breathe and touched the tiny hand of the baby, she cried and smiled at the same time, seeing the baby sleep peacefully.

 

And suddenly, her hear skipped a beat as a familiar deep warm voice came right beside her ear.

 

“He’s a lovely baby boy, right?”

 

She got starled at that sudden voice, her tiny heart beat crazily and as expected, she lost her balance, she nearly fell down of the bed when a strong arm reached for her and held her tight.

 

She took a deep breathe, calm down herself, throwing a look towards the cradle and signed in relief when she knew the baby was still sleeping after some clumsy sounds she had made.

 

Then her cheeks turned red as she realized she was still in the guy’s arms.

 

She pulled out a little bit and he let her go, smiling.

 

She felt like her face was burning under his look.

 

“Stop staring at me, I feel uneasy with that…” – Sulli shyly mumble in , but she guessed that guy could hear her.

 

“Ok, you’re easy getting shy under my eyes, as always…” – the guy declared and he turned around to took the baby out of the cradle…

 

Sulli looked at him and showed an innocent smile behind his back, she didn’t know why she had this warm feeling when she saw this man reach for the baby and hold him in his arms.

 

She intended to erase as soon as the man turned around again, but he got her, who was sitting on the bed and smiled towards him.

 

He smiled back and sat down at the edge of her bed. His gentle eyes melted her heart.

 

“Can I… Can I touch the baby?” – She asked in a low tone, she still felt shy in front of him.

 

“Do you want to hold him?” – The guy asked her, smiling, he bended his body closer to her, she now could felt his breathe, and she blushed upon that.

 

“Can I?”

 

“Of course you can… He would love that…” – And he gave her the baby

 

A single tear fell down on her cheeks when the baby was already in her arms, her hands shook, her mind was blown up with her unexplained feeling.

 

She felt two hands cup her face and a thumb sweep her tears, she looked up and her eyes met those two big brown eyes, he smiled at her, warmly and sweetly.

 

“Baby, don’t cry…”

 

She just nodded at his words and kept on starring at his handsome face with the baby in her arms.

 

He moved closer and wrapped her in his arms, whispering beside her ears “it’s ok now Ssul, it’s ok now, you’re back… and I’m here for you…”

 

A strong yet warm feeling covered her body earing his voice, she laid her head on his shoulder and sobbed softly.

 

After a few minutes, he pulled out, his hand caressed her face… He starred down on her with his sweet daze.

 

“He’s so handsome, I think I had a crush on him…”

 

“Wae? Am I that handsome that you keep on looking at me like this? Have you fallen for me in just a few minute Miss Choi?”

 

“Who… who say that… who say I fall for you…?” – Her red face struggled to turned away form him, but she was not as fast as the handsome guy.

 

He cup her face again and leaned closer to plant a kiss on her lips, her heart almost stopped beating at the sudden event.

 

She pulled away in shock, her eyes widened – “Who… who are you to kiss me? Who… are you? I know you’re close to my family as my Mom kept you here always but… but who are you to kiss me?”

 

“It’s ok, Miss Sulli… Yoo Geun is used to it whenever I kiss you…” – The guy smiled down at the baby in her arms, a mischievous glint flashed in his hair.

 

“And by the way, in case you want to call me, my name is Choi Min Ho… I’m Yoo Geun’s Daddy… And I’m your Min Ho oppa…” – He said, amusement covered his handsome face as he realized Sulli blushed at his statement.

 

Then he leaned fast again and planted another kiss on her lips.

 

“Excuse me, can I disturb you for a moment Mr. and Mrs. Choi?” – A giggling voice raised up at the entrance of her room…

 

“I’m sorry for barging in at such an event like this…” – Dr. Kim amusingly said at the two blushing couple – “I’ve knocked on the door but no one answers and I have no choice but to come without your acceptance… Min Ho ssi, Have I told you to slower the pace? Your wife is still in weak condition?”

 

Min Ho faked a cough as he sat up and mouth over the doctor – “Ya, stop that…”

 

Dr. Kim shrugged his shoulders and turned his head to signal someone come in – “As I told you before, we have found a specialist in this field to help Mrs. Choi at her treatment, this is specialist Kwon… Dr. Kwon Yuri…”

 

“Wife? He called me his wife? Choi Min Ho’s wife?”

 

Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light.

Now we're back to the beginning.

It's just a feeling and no one knows yet.

But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi dear, here comes chapter 7!

 

Let me know your comments and upvotes for White horse... we're near... near to the truly fairy tale <3

 

I love you and your comments so so much! Thank you for supporting me <3

 

From Ceroro with love <3