Chapter 9 - Mine

White Horse

CHAPTER 9

MINE

 

It was 12 o’clock and he was still sitting on the sofa, starring at nowhere.

His cell phone was in his hand.

His mind was burning.

“Ssul… What should I do with you? What should I do with us? I have the support from everyone… Even Seo Hyun… They told me, she told me, I needed to give you some more time, but what should I do with you? Because you’re the only one who can move on and decides … But you’re also too stubborn…”

Ring ring…

“Min Ho oppa?”

“Krys? Is she with you?” – Min Ho kept the phone tight with all of his cold fingers, trying to breathe and hold his hope that she was with someone, not alone somewhere crying.

“She will stay at my place tonight, don’t worry oppa, she wants me to tell you that she’s ok, she understands what happened… And… Damn it, I don’t even know that the hell is going on with you two, but now, that stubborn girl needs time to clear up her mind… And I tell you, oppa, I’m with you, this time, I’m with you!”

“Thanks, Krys… Did she sleep?” – Min Ho asked, remembering how pale Sulli was

“Only 10 minutes ago… Don’t worry oppa, tomorrow we’ll drive her home… I’m hang up now…”

“No, Krys, I’ll come to fetch her, please take care of her tonight…”

“Ok, oppa, I think you need to take a nap too… Everything is gonna be alright…” – Krystal sighed, she felt so sorry for him. She was trying so hard to control herself not to blurt out the truth, the truth about his wife Choi Jin Ri was hiding something from him, the truth that no matter how much she loved him, she was too scared of revealing that she was having his baby. He was going to be a father.

Sulli woke up because of the noise outside, her eyes were so puffed up for crying all night, but fortunately, she hadn’t been tortured by the vomiting urge.

“Thank you, baby, I’m so tired today, you know that, rite? Be good to omma, ok? I can’t stand that morning sickness anymore… Thank you for being good to me, Omma loves you too…” – She whispered softly, caressing her belly.

Smiling bittersweetly, Sulli couldn’t describe her feelings at this moment. She was having baby, she was going to be a mother soon, but she was hiding her baby, ani, their baby from its father.

That night.

She didn’t aware that only one night, she could be pregnant for only one night. She didn’t say that her baby was unexpected, but this time, right at this time, the fact that she was pregnant made her so scared.

She thought she was not ready.

To be a mother?

No.

To tell him about the baby.

And to receive his reaction from hearing it.

He was going to be a father.

What would he say? What would he do?

Seo Hyun unnie was here.

And above all, she was divorced for not being able to give birth.

But she was. She was pregnant.

What should he do if he knew about the reason for Seo Hyun unnie’s misery marriage and the truth that his wife was pregnant?

She didn’t want to confuse him.

She didn’t want to hurt him.

“Ssul… Have you woken up yet? Heyyyyyy… Come out!!!!!!! Guess who is here!!!!!!” – Amber suddenly opened Krystal’s room door, she happily rushed in to pull her from the bed and ragged her out to the living room.

“Amber unnie, slow it down… Who’s that?” – Sulli asked, she had no idea about who would show up on this early morning. “Is it Min Ho oppa?” – She quietly thought

“Yaaaaa, Amber Liu! What are you doing with her? Be careful, don’t rag her like that… She’s…” – Luna squealed while furiously coming over to Sulli’s side, but immediately bit her lips to stop herself receiving a meaningful glare from Victoria.

“Hey, kiddo! You’ve grown up so fast!”

A familiar cheerful voice came into her mind, she got stunned.

That voice.

She turned her round to see a very happy and familiar face.

“Hee Chul oppa!”

“Yes, right, kiddo!”

“When did you come back?” – She asked, still dazzed because of his sudden appearance.

“Yesterday, and I think my little kiddos here would miss me so much so I came…” – He smiled, using his trademark words.

“…”

“Wae? I have already received the greetings from these four girls. Now, your turn, Choi Jin Ri, don’t you want to give your oppa a welcome back hug, do you?” – He smiled widely, opening his arms.

“Oppa, how could you survive from those years?” – Sulli hugged him back, so happy that she now could meet her oppa again.

“Oopsss, lady… Africa is a good place to take adventure, I’ve met so many people and experienced things that those ones who stayed here and got married without my acceptance could never imagine…” – He patted her back then pulled out by her shoulders to looked at her as if he wanted to check her up from head to toes.

She smiled weakly – “You know that, too, oppa?”

Hee Chul laughed, hugging her again.

Then out of nowhere, they heard a deep voice behind.

“Hee Chul hyung?”

Sulli turned her head towards the voice, it made her felt a sting at her heart.

“Min Ho oppa?...”

He looked at her with his big round eyes, many thought ran through his mind at that moment. A monster inside him roared angrily, the only thing he wanted to do now was to grab her and rag her out from Hee Chul hyung, his wife’s first love.

“What… what are you doing here, oppa?” – Sulli quietly asked with her low voice, avoiding his eyes.

“To bring you home…” – He answered, his voice became husky as he tried to control the feeling inside him.

“Bro, seems like after getting married you don’t know how to have a proper greetings to an elder, huh?” – Hee Chul asked, breaking the awkward atmosphere between the two and the starring from the other girls in the living room.

“Hyung… I’m sorry… When did you come back? How have you been?” – Min Ho awkwardly replied his hyung without withdraw his starring from Sulli.

“Ya, you two, what is going on? The newlywed was fighting, huh? Soo Jung, tell me, how long have you guys been suffering from these two?” – Hee Chul rolled his eyes, waving at Krystal, who was standing at the corner of the room, folding her arms.

“Oppa… Just ignore them, especially Choi Jin Ri…” – Krystal flatly said, going towards the door to open it as she heard the doorbell rang.

“Krys… Krys… Come with me, my cousin Seo Hyun noona, she is at the hospital now, they have just called me, her parents are still in Paris… Come with me to the hospital, they said her neighbor rushed her there when they found her collapsed at the lobby… I don’t…” – Tae Min immerged from the entrance, loudly called for his girlfriend, they’ve been dated for 3 years.

Then he stopped immediately seeing a lot of people in his girlfriend’s apartment, then he jumped in shock seeing Min Ho and Sulli.

“What… what… why… why are these two here?” – He murmured, looked around questioningly.

“I’ll go with you first, Tae Min oppa… Vic unnie, cook something for Hee Chul oppa, and… Min Ho oppa, bring your wife home… I think you guys need to talk… Kaja oppa…” – Krystal grabbed her jacket without hesitating to go with her boyfriend, signaling Min Ho that now she gave Sulli back under his care.

“Oppa, you should go with them…” – Sulli said softly.

Krystal looked back in her opened mouth, her face turned red, she might control herself so hard not to hop in and yell at her bestie.

“I can go home by myself… You should go to check on unnie…” – She looked up at him, smiling.

“Why should I, Ssul?” – He asked back, didn’t reveal any emotion on his face and in his voice.

“Just go to the hospital, I think you should go, so just go to her…I’m fine now…” – Sulli smiled weakly then turned around to go back to Krystal room.

“Do you think that if you tell me to go, so I have to go?”

“You should…” – Sulli continued to go to the room without looking back but before she reached out the door to open it, her arms were grabbed by his and then before she could understand what was going on, she was already in the room with Min ho and the closed door behind.

“Why do I have to go to the hospital with Seo Hyun while you’re here and you’re ill, too, Choi Jin Ri?” – He asked, looking straight into her eyes.

She got stunned by his reaction, but soon gulped down to avoid those two fierce eyes.

“Why do you have to push me away like that? Why do you have to make yourself suffer? Why don’t you think about yourself just only for once?”

“Oppa…”

“Why don’t you just think about my feeling for just once?” – He blurted out uncontrollably

“…”

“Why do you always push me to the other girl without looking back at his reaction and considering about my own thought?”

She couldn’t say anything.

That sickness was b over again from her stomach, her head felt that dizziness again.

Then a wave of unbreathing took control of her.

She thought she couldn’t breathe.

She put her one hand on , trying to control the vomiting urge and trying not to cry.

“Baby, please, please, not now… Omma cannot stand it anymore… Don’t do this in front of Daddy… Baby please, not now…” – Sulli whispered desparately

“Why do you have to make us like this? Why? Are you happy torturing me? Are you?” – Min Ho continued, slightly realized something happened with his wife.

“Oppa, please, please, let me go… Let me go… I need to go out…” – She pleaded, tears started flowing down her pale cheeks.

“Until you answer all of my questions, why?” – Min Ho hold her shoulders, gripping them toughly

“DON’T YOU THINK IT IS EASY TO LET YOU GO? DON’T YOU THINK IT IS EASY FOR LETTING YOU GO TO ANOTHER WOMAN? DON’T YOU THINK IT IS EASY FOR ME?”

Suddenly she yelled out between her sops, holding her chest with both of her hands.

“SO WHY DO YOU ALWAYS BEHAVE LIKE I’M A BAD GUY, I;M THE ONE THAT WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO HOLD OU BACK? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUSH YOUR HUSBAND AWAY? CHOI JIN RI WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN? YOUR MINE, MINE… BUT YOU NEVER LET ME GET CLOSE TO YOU!” – He yelled back

“…”

“Answer me, why? Why do you have to hurt yourself? To hurt me… like this?”

“Please, please let me go…” – She whispered desperately

Min Ho looked at his wife’s face, it wAs so pale, it looked like she now couldn’t breathe.

“Please, oppa, please… It hurts… I’m… I’m sorry but…”

Then.

She fell down on the floor, with a shocking and scared Min Ho there.

“Sulli… Sulli… What happened? Wake up, wake up, Ssul!!!!”

He hadn’t come.

She was sitting there on the patient bed, starring outside the window.

She was in the hospital 3 days.

The doctors kept her there because she fainted 2 times in 2 days during her pregnancy. And they both wanted to reassure that it would be better for the mother and the baby if she was well taking care under their control.

She was alone in her room, her grandmother had just left.

She laid back down on the bed… Her tears stared to brim over remembering what her beloved grandmother had said.

He hadn’t come, 3 days… He hadn’t come to meet her. After waking up from the consciousness, she hadn’t seen him.

He might hate her.

For hiding the baby away from him.

For everything.

Then, she heard the door opened.

She slowly turned her head towards it and saw him there, coming into the room.

His face was emotionless.

He didn’t even look at her.

He walked towards the chair beside her bed and sat down, ignoring her starr.

“Oppa…” – She was trying so hard to hold back her tears.

He didn’t answer her.

He just stood there and starred down on his hands.

“Oppa…” – She whispered between the long silence.

“I don’t come here to talk to you…” – He said, without looking back at her.

“…”

“I come to talk to my baby…”

Her tears flew down quietly.

“I come to say sorry to the baby…

Baby, Daddy is here, I’m so sorry for not come to see you earlier.

Daddy is sorry for not knowing that you’re here, existing in this world. I’m such a bad father, right?

Daddy is sorry for hiding my feeling from my first love and for not telling her how much I love her.

Daddy is sorry for being that coward who always made her think that I and her, we’re only brother and sister.

Daddy is sorry for getting married without telling my first love that because of my stupid fear, I once let her go, but I should have been more bravery to take her hand,m again.

Daddy is sorry for spending the first night with her without telling her that how much I love her and want her to be mine.

Daddy is sorry for making her suffer.

Daddy is even more sorry because you’re here, with her, but Daddy didn’t even notice it.

You might hate me so much, don’t you?

Because when Mommy cried, I wasn’t there for her. You’re the only one who can feel her pain and see her tears.

Because when Mommy needs me there with you and her, I’m not there…

Daddy is sorry, baby ah…

Sorry for everything…

You’re all mine, but I can’t even know how to protect you from those hurt and pain.

I don’t even know how to face you, baby ah…

Please be good to Mommy, ok?

Please be good to her, now, you’re with her, please take care of her, because I’m a bad Daddy… And I didn’t make it…

I’m sorry, baby ah…”

Then he stood up and walked away.

As the same way as he came in.

Without looking at her.

Then.

“Oppa, please don’t go…” – A soft yet teary voice called after him.

His wife’s voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phewwwww, finally...

This is your 9th chapter...

Let me know your thought...

From your Ceroro with love <3