Chapter 23 - Far as the sky

White Horse

CHAPTER 23

 

FAR AS THE SKY

 

 

She sat on the wooden chair out at the balcony.

 

The starry sky sparkled above, but there was a tear drop on the paper on her hands.

 

Sulli had read the letter for many times, but this seemed too cruel to her. Waking up from a long deep sleep, she was back to the real life and the sleeping beauty had everything, excepted from her memory.

 

Sulli knew, God had his own reason to let her go back, she had a son, she had family and she had the love of her life, Choi Min Ho, but was the fairy tale too cruel? Was it a cruel fairy tale?

 

She woke up without awareness of having a grandmother, she had no idea about that, and when her memory suddenly awaked about her beloved grandmother, the only thing she can hug and touch was not her anymore, it was only her last letter written to her before she left the world.

 

Sulli traced her fingers gently on her grandmother’s handwriting, she imagined the way her grandmother sat on the chair and leaned down a bit towards the table to write, she could felt the way she paused every time she need to think, and the way she smiled when she put the full stop to the letter, the way her eyes behind the lens sparkled, Sulli thought she could feel the warmness sent out from her grandmother’s fingers, another single tear dropped down on the paper remembering someone in the past told her she took after her grandmother the figure of her handwriting, the butterfly handwriting.

 

One more time, Sulli held the letter closer to her heart, and lift her head to look up at the starry night sky.

 

“Grandma, I love you too, you are fine up there, aren’t you? We’re now apart, I can’t see you, I can’t hug you, I can’t hear your voice, but I know, even it’s far as the sky, my heart knows that you are always be there, close to my heart, and to me, that’s enough, to me, that’s worth having you in my life…”

 

 

“My dear Sulli,

 

I bet that you’re now sitting on the wooden chair outside our balcony, and reading this, aren’t you?

 

My dear little princess… Ah, I think know I shouldn’t call you a princess anymore, right? My little princess is now a young mother, she’s now a queen, although to me, that queen is still my baby, my giant baby queen.

 

I’m here, in front of the table in your room at the hospital, they told me you’re on coma, but why is it too obvious to me that you’re just having a deep and long sleep like The Sleeping Beauty, the story I read for you every night when you was little?

 

Remember the last time when you woke up from the coma 8 years ago? You promise me you will never forget me ever again, and I believe it, Ssul… You may forget me, but your heart, it will never let you forget every single memory of yours, they’re still there, in your heart and waiting to the day they can wake up.

 

Remember all the stories I read for you? I taught you to believe in enchanted fairy tale, and you grew up into such a beautiful princess who has the faith in miracles, but I’m more proud of you that you don’t only naively live like a princess in those fairy world, you learn by yourself that fairy tales are fabricated by us human, and life is another fairy tale which you have to make it by yourself and you have to fight for it. I’m so proud that you can learn that truth and strongly overcome it.

 

Ssul, I know I’ve played such a dangerous game when I made Min Ho and you get married, my excuse is a stupid one, don’t you think? What will happen if the marriage is only a misery and I’m the one who ruin you two? But as a silly old woman, can I make it a little bit risky when deep in my heart I know that I can proudly say I know my grandchildren and I know their hearts?

 

I got scared when your father told me you’re at the hospital, I got scared when I saw Min Ho sit by your bed and he cried, but then I know you will be back, no matter what happen, you will be back, because my Sulli is strong and now, with my angel great grandchild here with you, I know, he will protect you.

 

Ssul, I know, my time is near, and even if I have to say goodbye to you, I know that God has his own reason to build this up. I know our small plan is not as big as his plan for us.

 

I’m so proud of you, when you decide to fight for your baby and ask Min Ho to hold on with you, that’s why I know now you may only have a short break and you will never leave those ones whom you promise to be with them for the rest of your life behind.

 

You will be back, I know that, Sulli.

 

Remember this, I love you and even if I leave you earlier, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you anymore, it only means that you have to move on with my love still here with you.

 

Remember how I love you and Min Ho.

 

Remember how I’m proud of you two.

 

Remember I love your little prince. Yoo Geun, can I name him Yoo Geun, Choi Yoo Geun? This is my gift my my little great little prince charming, Having Min Ho as his father and you as his mother, I know he will grow up to be a great and warm prince charming to a beautiful lovely princess. Just so you know, they’ve just told me about the baby gender, he’s a boy, that’s why I call him a little Prince.

 

Remember this, Sulli… “You ll come back, when they call you, no need to say good bye… Now we're back to the beginning. It's just a feeling and no one knows yet. But just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget.

 

I love you, my dear little princess… no matter how old you will grow… I’m here, looking at your peaceful sleeping face.

 

I love you, my dear Sulli, far as the sky.

 

Your Grandma.”

 

 

 

 

Sulli took a deep breath and right after that she let out a small gasp as she felt two strong arms wrapped around her shoulders from behind, she just sat there and smiled softly as she know who was that.

“Oppa…”

 

Min Ho pulled his wife closer to his chest as he whispered – “I’m just so proud of you like grandma prod of you… Ssul… It’s cold out here, you should go inside…”

 

“Will she be fine up there, oppa?” – Sulli asked, she reached out her hand to trace down the stars in the sky.

 

Min Ho grabbed her hand in his and corner his face to kiss her head, saying – “I promise, she’s with my grandparents and your grandpa, they’re now reunion, they’re happy up there together…”

 

“I know…”

 

“Wanna try some cookies? Mom baked this for you… She told me the past month you’re not having appetite and you look pale… Don’t cry too much, it’s been a month and every time you read her letter, you cry… Remember she told you to be strong? And you know she loves you, rite?”

 

Sulli nodded and received the cookies from Min Ho but as soon as her nose felt their smell, something uneasy b up from her stomach and it bother her.

 

The wave of vomiting urge attacked her, making tears pool up in her eyes.

 

“What’s up Ssul? What’s wrong?”

 

Min Ho asked, realizing something unnormal.

 

But Sulli had no time to answer her husband, she got up and ran furiously to the bathroom, throwing up all of her previous dinner, leaving Min Ho behind, eye widened.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there, here's your Chapter 23, quite short, right? But I hope you love it...

 

Please comment and let me know your thought, I love it whenever I open the site and read your comments, I really love them.

 

And if you want, you can follow me on Twitter @6002theCeroro

 

From Ceroro with love <3