Zoos and Parks

It Takes Two

Waking up from the harsh sunlight I look around, “Kevin?” I call trying to figure out if I’d been dreaming.

“Yeah?” He calls from outside the car. “Look!” He says pointing to the skyline.

Taking the hand he offers me I get out of the car to look, it’s gorgeous. “It’s a beautiful day.”

“Yeah, we slept most of the day away.” He says laughing happily. “I haven’t spent a day like that in months!”

“Whoa kid, don’t get used to it.” I chide him stretching. “You’re still an idol, an idol lifestyle to get back to.” I remind him gently. “I thought you guys got days off.”

“I did, but I spent those days trying to please Xiao.”

Nodding my head I hop into the driver’s seat. “Get in we got a whole day to waste then!” I tell him starting the car up.

“You sure Paxton?” He asks getting in the car. “I mean we don’t have to.”

“Look you my friend need some breathing room to scream!” I tell him pulling out; leaving the river I drive us to get some food. “I need a break; you need a break so let’s just enjoy the rest of the day and worry about life tomorrow.”

“Alright. But we take turns doing things we want.”

“You’re definitely Eli’s friend.” I chuckle. “Plotting something already.”

“Indeed, but first where are we going?”

“Food.” I tell him smiling. “Then we can start your grand plan.”

Taking his silence as a ‘yes’ I drive us to a little restaurant a few blocks down.

After ordering to-go, I look at Kevin as we eat in my car. “So what do you want to do first?”

“I never got the chance to really take a day off. I’ve been working on singing and dancing for a long time.” Kevin explains shrugging his shoulders. “You can start us off.”

“So let’s indulge your day off.” I tell him pulling out of the parking lot I drive us to the one place that didn’t remind me of Willis.

“Where are we going?” He asks me after a while.

“To a place that I can take a break from everything.” I whisper feeling a little scared. Pulling into the parking lot I smile, the zoo.

“The zoo?” Kevin asks me excitedly.

I nod my head. “This is one of the few places Willis never went.” I whisper getting out.

“He didn’t like the zoo?”

“Kid stuff,” I whisper. “I came here when Willis and I got in a fight, or to forget something.”

Standing in line Kevin and I chatting happily about life, and for once I didn’t feel like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders.

“So after this where to next?” I ask him as we enter the zoo.

“The park?” He asks hopefully.

I nod my head. “Sure.” I tell him smiling.

Walking around with us just goofing around, finally getting the feeling that the rest of the day didn’t matter, I’m with someone who cares enough to not care about the day with me.

Spending a few hours walking around me getting a piggy back ride for part of it, and me giving Kevin a piggy back ride. Finally heading out I drive us to a park.

“So why a park?” I ask while we sit on a bench.

Smiling me he chuckles. “I can’t go out in public like this, just as me.” He explains. “I loved going to the park, but of course being an idol that made it a little difficult, and plus Xiao hated it.”

“Who hates the park?” I ask him. “It’s ridiculous.” I mutter.

“Who hates the zoo?” He counters.

Nodding my head I smile at Kevin. “I see, but you know this is fun.”

“Yeah, it’s been a while since something has been fun.”

Nodding my head I look over at the swing set. “Come on let’s go play on the playground!” I yell running over to it.


Comment and Subscribe!!