I have to be

It Takes Two

Sitting in the car I smile at Paxton, her hanging her hand out of the car a little, a smile on her face, seeing her hair whipping behind her as she takes a deep breath. “Hoon this is going to be fun!” She squeals turning to face me, sunglasses blocking her beautiful brown eyes.

Nodding my head in agreement, I glance back at the road trying to get a hold of everything. It still feels like a dream, Paxton and I dating. “I know. I can’t wait till we get to the beach!” I say ready to feel the sun on my skin, the sand between my toes and the water slapping against my legs. Glancing at Paxton for an instant I see the content look on her face and I know that I made the right choice. I made the right decision to give us that real chance.

“Hoon do you think we’ll get to relax without you being spotted?” She asks me worriedly. “Will you get in trouble for doing this?” She asks me suddenly anxious.

Shaking my head I take her hand while I drive us down the road, us an hour away from our beach getaway for the weekend.

 

Kevin’s POV

 

Glaring at the picture of Eli and Paxton, the one they took a few hours ago. “I don’t get it.” A.J. says sitting next to me. “I thought you liked Paxton.” He asks me confused.

“I do like her.” I confess frowning as I set the picture down. “I like her a lot.”

“So then why’d you let Hoon steal her away?” Dongho asks me sassily, the kid is cute. He’s lucky. “I thought you and Noona would get together when we first met her.”

Shrugging my shoulders I look back at Eli, the conversation perking his interest. “I had hoped so, but you know maybe I just wasn’t right for her.” I mumble sighing, running a hand through my hair I let out a sigh. “But you know just because she’s with Hoon doesn’t mean it is over.”

“What?” Kiseop asks confused, the look on his face priceless. “Hoon and Paxton are dating…”

“Yeah, I know. And as terrible as it is, I’ll wait and hope that I’ll get my chance.” I tell them getting up. “After all it’s never too late to hope.”

Eli nods his head thoughtfully. “Careful, don’t let Pax hear you say that.” He warns me rubbing the back of his neck. “Willis said the same thing. He waited for Paxton to come around to him for months. It’d taken him almost two years before he had even worked up the nerve to say ‘Hi’ to her.” Eli says sighing. “He was good for her. You’re good for her. But right now Hoon is what she needs. Kevin…Paxton is fragile, she always has been.” Hearing Eli talk about Paxton in such a close manner makes me jealous. It seems like I lost all my work towards trying to win her over.

“Paxton does seem happier since she and Hoon got serious.” Kiseop comments innocently. “I mean she doesn’t mope around anymore.”

Eli gets this dream like look on his face. “I remember when she was always like this. All smiles, dancing, music…It was her life.” He says wistfully. “It’s so hard to picture her without a smile again.”

Quietly I excuse myself from the living room and retreat to mine and Kiseop’s room, looking at the picture Eli had given me, one that Fina, Paxton and all of us took. She and Hoon weren’t even talking back in America, at least not a lot, not like we did. I keep trying to figure out how it happened, when did they notice each other, was it always? Had I just not seen it…It frustrates me to no end because as much as I want to hate Hoon, I envy him, what took me weeks took him days. I tried being upset with Paxton and dating Xiao but none of it mattered with her. I just know that I want to be the one she looks at not Hoon. I don’t want to try and be with anyone but Paxton. Really even at this point I’ll settle for being her friend, when she can’t turn to anyone else, I want to be there for her. I have to be.


Another short update, sorta of a little look into Hoon's mindset with Paxton and then how Kevin feels and a little bit more on Paxton.

Comment and Subscribe!!