Two Bottles and Insight

It Takes Two

After explaining that I’ll be staying in a little apartment in the same building as U-Kiss starting in a few months Seraphina is hugging the air out of me. “I’m glad you’re going!” She squeals. “You’ll have so much fun!”

“What about you?” I ask her smiling. “I mean don’t get me wrong I’d love to go but…”

“I will be fine, I have an internship thing so no big deal; I’ll be working my tail off for a very long time.” She says smiling. “I want you to go, maybe you can start again.” She whispers in my ear hugging me again.

Caught off guard I blink away the thoughts of Willis, the ones that always come to mind when I think of dancing or playing the piano or violin. “I don’t know about that.” I mumble hugging her tightly. “I don’t know.”

“At least give it a try.”

Nodding my head I smile a little, after our hug fest the other members all look happy for me, Kevin gives me an encouraging smile. “Guess we’re stuck together then.” He chuckles.

“I guess so.” I tell Kevin chuckling, turning to Eli I eye him. “How long has this been planned?” I ask him eyebrows raised.

“I don’t know what you mean Paxton.” He tells me with a grin. “We just want you to move on in your life.”

Nodding my head I give them a faint smile, that’s all anyone wants me to do, I think to myself glancing at the clock I let out a sigh. “I got to head out.” Leaving the room I go to my room and changing into skinny jeans with rips in them, a red and black rose shirt with mess at the top, a black leather jacket black and white vans, a vintage trinket bracelet, a runes ring finally putting on the rose earrings that Willis gave me for my birthday and of course keeping on my engagement ring on my necklace I head out.

“Where you going so late?” Kevin asks stopping me at the door. “Seraphina and the others went to bed.”

“Kevin really it doesn’t matter where I’m going.” I tell him pushing past him.

Following me out shoes and jacket on Kevin calls after me. “Then I’ll come.”

Stopping and turning around I stare at him. “Why are you so insistent?”

“Because it’s what friends do.” He tells me with a small smile. “Besides I think you need a friend tonight.”

Pursing my lips I nod my head. “Fine, but you can’t tell Fina what you see tonight or anyone else.” I tell him getting in my car.

“Alright.”

With that I drive around until I get to a local bar, stopping I look over at Kevin, nods his head in understanding.

“It’s about Willis right?”

“Right.” Letting out a long breath I stare out the window. “It’s his birthday.”

Kevin just nods his head. “So you sit here?”

“No.” I chuckle. “Stay here I’ll be right back.” I tell him getting out.

Walking in I smile at the bar keeper, a good friend of Willis’s. “Hey Paxton.”

“Hey Robert.” I manage smile sitting at the counter.

He lets out a long sigh. “That night already?” He asks setting a couple of bottles in front of me. “I could get in a lot of trouble for this.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.” I tell him slipping in some money.

“Willis wouldn’t like it.” He continues as I take the bottles. “He wouldn’t like this at all.”

Nodding my head I let out the breath I’d been holding. “I know but I need something to help me get through tonight.”

Robert nods his head and I leave getting in the car I set the bottles in back. “How old are you?” Kevin asks me scrunching his nose.

“Same age as Seraphina.” I tell him pulling out, driving to a river, parking I get out and grab one of the bottles.

“Well I can’t let you drink by yourself.” He mutters taking a seat next to me, opening it we take turns drinking down the contents of the bottle.

“I’ve done this on his birthday since he died.” I mumble feeling the effects of the alcohol.

Kevin nods his head, when he asks suddenly. “You do this more than just now don’t you?”

I nod my head. “The day he died, our anniversary and the day after my birthday.”

“Why?”

Sipping the last of the first bottle I begin to slur. “They’re the hardest nights to get by, and I hate sleeping and seeing him in my dreams because I know I’ll never seem him again any other time.” I whisper leaning on him.

“Paxton people keep saying his name…” He mumbles quietly. “Why?”

Stumbling to get the next bottle I answer “Kevin, Willis was the pride and joy of his parents, everyone loved him, people would flock to him, people respect and cared about him, that’s why.”

“What about you?”

Sighing I take my seat, struggling to open it Kevin pulls it out and opens it for me. “They give me the sad looks; I took it hard when he died. I’m barely even making it now.”

“So this is you at your worst?”

“No, I’m at my worst on the night that he died.” I mumble gulping down more liquor. “What about you?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you seem down compared to the others.”

“Xiao.”

“What did she do to you?” I mumble leaning against him again.

After a while he answers, quietly. “I guess she changed me without me even realizing it. But when she left it hit me bad… I can’t stand that I’m not with her, that she’s with some other guy just because of whatever.”

“So you like her still?”

“Yeah, I do.” He mumbles gulping more down. “I guess…”

“You sound unsure.”

Kevin then says something I hadn’t expected. “Life is unsure.”

After that we’re both quiet, finishing the bottle we stumble into my car falling asleep in the backseats.


More bonding for Kevin and Paxton (:

Comment and Update