Rough Start

It Takes Two

Paxton’s POV

 

After screaming my lungs out I punch Eli repeatedly. “God! You know better than to just jump on my bed!” I scold him slightly annoyed.

“Sorry, I didn’t think it’d startle you.” Eli says ‘innocently’. “It’s good to see you’re still breathing.”

Glaring at Eli I jump out of bed, punching him again, walking out of my room I hunt out for Seraphina. “What does she think?! Inviting him.” I mumble under my breath.

“WAIT! Don’t go out like that!” Eli yells just as I come face to face with a stranger in my home.

Screaming again I drop on the floor causing the first stranger to look at me, then up at a tripping Eli colliding together they both groan.

“Fina!” I whisper-shout getting up, running into yet another stranger, feeling my eyes go wide I stare at the guy, scared out of my mind. “FINA!” I scream bloody murder, knowing full well that my neighbors are probably wanting to murder me right now.

Feeling her clamp her hand over my mouth I stare at Fina. “Don’t scream the neighbors are going to be pissed.” She whispers.

Nodding my head, she removes her hand. “Who are they?!” I ask her completely livid.

“They’re Eli’s friends.” Fina explains. “They’re visiting.”

“Oh, did I miss you telling me?” I ask her sarcastically. “Or did they just pop by?”

“It’s a surprise for you.” Fina says, her face expressing hope.

Sighing I nod my head. “You know how I feel about surprises.” I tell her bowing to our guests. “I’m Paxton.”

Smiling they all bow politely back. “I’m Soo Hyun.”

“AJ”

“Kiseop.”

“Hoon”

“Dongho”

Turning to the one that Eli tackled to the ground I smile at him. “I apologize for screaming.”

A forced smile he nods his head. “Kevin.”

“Anyways I’m going back to bed, Eli you’re lucky.” I mutter punching as he gets up off of Kevin, getting back in my room I grab my phone.

 

Seeing Eli again, reminds me of what I lost, of who I lost. Under the covers I dial the number I wish someone on the other end would pick up to, but I know that won’t. The last time I saw Eli I was with Willis, we’d all been really good friends back then. Willis, Seraphina, Eli and me, the four of us were best friends, when Eli went to Korea to pursue  his dreams we all supported him, but then Willis got really sick, and opted to wait to tell Eli, it killed me. Brain Cancer, spotted too late he didn’t last much longer, and with Willis went my heart.

 

‘Hey you’ve reach Willis and Paxton, sorry we couldn’t make it to the phone, but we’ll get back to you as soon as possible, leave your name and number.’

 

Taking in a sharp breathe I dial again, and again, I wouldn’t see his smiling face again, this is one of the last ways I can hear his voice.

 

Waking up in the morning with my phone clutched in my hand I look at my clock, 6 am. Stepping out of bed I quickly throw on a light robe, stepping out into the hall I run into Dongho, he looks shocked.

“Did we wake you?” He asks tentatively.

Shaking my head I smile at him. “No, I just woke up on my own.”

“Oh.” He says relieved. “Eli and Seraphina told us stories about people waking you up.”

Grinning I laugh a little. “Well I don’t know if I’d believe them all.” I whisper to him. “Dongho right?” I ask.

Nodding his head he smiles. “Paxton, it’s nice to meet you, more properly.” He says laughing.

“Same.” I tell him as we walk down the hall into the kitchen. “Morning Eli.”

“Paxton!” Eli cheers happily hugging me. In my ear he whispers “How have you been?”

Biting back the thoughts of how I was supposed to be married for year now, that Willis and I had a plan, but without one half of the plan it fell apart, or rather the last half standing couldn’t carry on. “Surviving.” I whisper hugging Eli tightly. “You?”

“Alright.” He says letting go. “Seraphina and the guys are going to go out sightseeing, are you gonna go?”

“It’s not really my thing.” I explain to him scratching my arm. “I think I’ll stay, but you guys have fun.”

“Actually, Kevin you didn’t want to go right? You two can stay home together or something.”Seraphina says pouring me a cup of orange juice. “I’m sure Paxton wouldn’t mind.”

Seraphina gives me a look, one that says I should be open about it. “Yeah, why not.” I say taking my glass down the hall and back into my room, not really caring if he responded or not.


Yes, U-Kiss is visiting them in the States, Sorry I didn't make that very clear