Late

It Takes Two

Author’s Note: This will normally be written in Paxton’s POV but special cases like this chapter will be in 3rdperson omniscient.


 

Seraphina paces nervously, checking out the window of the apartment she shares with her little sister, Paxton, drumming her fingers along the wall as she walks along it, occasionally stumbling along. “Hurry up pabo.” She mutters checking to see if her sister has gone to sleep, “She won’t stay awake forever.”

“FINA QUIT HITTING THE WALL!” Paxton yells from her room, door open and the light from her lamp streaming out into the hallway floor.

“Sorry!” Seraphina calls back taking a seat in a nearby chair, biting her lip she stares out into the dark night. “Hurry up Eli.”

 

With U-Kiss

 

“Where are we going?” Kevin asks irritated, wanting nothing more than to be left alone in bed sleeping. “It’s nearly one in the morning!” He complains sourly.

“Then go to sleep.” So Hyun says in the driver’s seat consulting Eli on directions.

“Turn here!” Eli says excited, not having seen Seraphina and Paxton in a few years he’s energized up to see the twins. Although it’s been years he’s glad he kept in contact with Seraphina, Paxton proved to be more difficult to talk to after Willis died.

 

 

 “They live HERE!” Eli shrieks happily a few hours later. Bounding up the quiet walkway, he knocks lightly on the door.

Creaking open Seraphina stands there a slightly irritated look. “You’re late!” She whispers punching Eli.

“Sorry, we got lost!” He says defending himself.

“Like hell, you probably got hungry and stopped for a hour!” Seraphina accuses him yawning. “Just get in. Are they here too?”

“Of course.” Eli says walking back to the car with Seraphina trailing behind him curiously. “Guys this is Seraphina!” He whispers.

“Hello!” They chorus quietly, and tiredly. The dim lighting, Seraphina nods her head helping them all take the luggage in.

While Kevin heads in with the help of Dongho, AJ, Hoon, Soo Hyun and Kiseop Seraphina whispers. “Which one is Kevin?”

“The one in the green jacket.” Eli whispers back carefully. “Is Paxton still awake?”

“No, she went to bed a couple hours ago. She’s different Eli.” Seraphina warns him, “She’s changed since you know what.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t make it.” Eli says regretfully.

Seraphina nods her head wishing he knew how hard the last two years have been on Paxton. “You don’t need to apologize, we both know that you were busy, Paxton knows that.”

“Why doesn’t she answer her phone?” Eli asks getting on the subject of Paxton’s changes. “I’ve called her dozens of times, texted, e-mail, she doesn’t answer.”

“Don’t feel too hurt, she’s have a rough time coping. She only answers right away for Mr. and Mrs. Lee.”

“What about you? Or her other friends?”

Seraphina shakes her head dejectedly. “I told you, she lost it when Willis died. She’s a bit temperamental.”

“Can I say hey?” Eli asks as they set the last of the baggage down in the entry hall.

“Carefully, you remember what happened last time you did that right?”

“I got a broken finger.” Eli says wincing. “Which is her room?”

“Right there.” Seraphina says pointing to a blank white door. “I’ll get your friends settled in.”

“Thank-you.” Eli says tip-toeing down the hall, carefully opening the door.

 

Seraphina shakes her head while rolling her eyes. “Alright, so we have three guest rooms, and two couches, one pulls out into a bed, and we have few cots.” She says to the boys.

“Thank-you Seraphina!” Dongho says yawning.

“We’ll decide tomorrow when we’re a bit more awake.” Soo Hyun says taking a seat on a couch.

Nodding her head she takes a seat in a chair across from the boys on the couch. “Where did you guys fly in from?”

“We flew in from Seoul” Kiseop says yawning. “It’s a long flight to here.”

“Before Paxton and I used to make a trip to see our grandmother in Korea.” Just as Seraphina finishes her sentence Paxton screams.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”


Chapter One (: What do you guys think? This was actually fun to write, I was worried it wouldn't come out quite right, but I think it did ><

 

Comment and Subscribe!!