Chapter 9

Destiny, My Only Love

The four people started to lower their bag, they were Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungjong.

“YOU!!!!” Yoonhee called out, “HOW ARE YOU HERE?!?!” Yoonhee asked, totally surprised.

“You know them?” Yonghwa asked.

“Ehhmmm… Well…. Yes, I do….” Yoonhee said, embarrassed of her previous behavior.

“Since you know them, Yoonhee, would you mind introducing them to us? I believe that they will never do it by themselves,” Mr. Jung stated.

“Uhhmm… Well…. The on at the right is called Lee Sungjong, centre right is Kim Myungsoo, centre left is Kim Sunggyu, and the one at the left is called Nam Woohyun,” Yoonhee explained.

“Annyeonghaseyo!! Yoonhee has just introduced us to you, We are new, please take care of us!!” Sunggyu said.

“Yes, especially of me! I am probably the youngest in this classroom, and in the whole year, so please be kind with me!!” Sungjong explained.

“Yup, you need to be kind with us, if you aren’t, you will pay for it one day…..” Woohyun said.

“Oh, hi, nice to meet you,” Myungsoo greeted.  After they finished their introduction, they went to sit right besides Yoonhee, strangely, there were exactly 4 sits around Yoonhee, it was like if everything was prepared.

“Annyeong Yoonhee-ah! Sorry for being late,” Sunggyu greeted.

“Yoonhee Noona!!!! Annyeong, are you surprised?!?!” Sungjong asked.

“Yoonhee, annyeong, you would have to bear with us for the whole of your school life!!” Woohyun said, throwing hearts to Yoonhee.

“Yah! You need to explain it all to me as soon as we get to lunch!!” Yoonhee demanded.

“Ok,” Sungjong, Sunggyu and Woohyun said at the same time, L had already settled down in his place.

 

“Ok, now, after the interruption we had because of late students, what were you going to propose?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Oh, yeah, I was going to propose something else, but since we have new students, why don’t we play an ice breaker?” Krystal suggested.

“Can you think of anything?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Uhhmmm….. What if we play the game in which you need to pass on a piece of paper only using your mouths, it could take the awkwardness away!” Taemin suggested.

“It’s a good idea, but I don’t think there’s awkwardness in this class,” Yonghwa said, eyeing all the students. “If you want to, we can just play it, there’s no problem, it’s a fun game to do, and you can develop team work, so how do we do it? Girls vs guys?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Andue!” Buyoung protested, “we can’t do that, then it wouldn’t be fun anymore!!” she cried.

“Ok, Buyoung, so should we do it like this? I am going to give out number and you will pair up like that!” Yonghwa suggested.

“Ok!” the class cried out at the same time.

“Ok, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2……………… Now, the ones stand up!!” and Wooyoung, Taecyeon, Jokwon, Taeyeon, Krystal, Sora, Minah, Buyoung, Eunjung, Woohyun and Sunggyu stood up. “Line up, and now the twos stand up!” and Suzy, Taemin, Changming, Minhyuk, Nichkhun, Hyemi, Doojoon, Siwan, Sungjong, Myungsoo and Yoonhee stood up, and also lined up. Now Mr. Jung started cutting the pieces of paper.

 

Each team would have to pass 20 pieces of paper, and the one that did it faster would win, it was a little strange of a game to play in a class room, but because of that, Jung Yonghwa was one of the best teachers at school. His teaching methods would never fail, and he would let the students have their freedom. So the game started.

 

Group one started first. They were really fast, and were organized this way: Wooyoung was the first one, then Sora, Jokwon, Minah, Taecyeon, Eunjung, Taeyeon, Krystal, Woohyun, Buyoung and Sunggyu was last. But, just when they were passing the last piece of paper, something happened. Something Yoonhee wouldn’t be too happy to see.

 

Just when the paper was going from Buyoung to Sunggyu, and Sunggyu was going to lean closer to take the piece of paper (which by itself, it was already a little embarrassing, doing it with someone of the opposite gender), Buyoung stopped on the piece of paper, half a second before Sunggyu’s lips reached hers….. And it happened….. In a strange way, they kissed. Of course Sunggyu pulled away as soon as their lips touched, but they did kiss.

 

Everyone’s eyes opened as big as plates. Yoonhee didn’t realize what was happening. Suddenly, she just saw Sunggyu kneeling in front of her.

“Yoonhee, mianhe, really, sorry!!” Sunggyu pleaded.

“What happened?” Yoonhee asked, she had no idea of what was happening. She was aying attention to the game, but on the last seconds, she fixed her attention on Myungsoo. No matter what she did, those eyes were magical.

“Didn’t you see?” Sunggyu asked, surprised.

“No…. I was not paying attention…..” Yoonhee realized she had no longer payed attention to the game just know.

“THE NEW STUDENT KISSED BUYOUNG!!!!” someone in the crowd shouted.

“Bhwo?” Yoonhee asked Sunggyu, “which new student?”

“Uhmm…. Well….” Sunggyu was out of words.

“Sunggyu hyun!!” Woohyun called out from behind.

‘I will kill that Woohyun as soon as I get the chance!!’ Sunggyu thought to himself.

“What is Woohyun talking about?” Yoonhee asked Sunggyu.

“Well, let me explain…..” Sunggyu said.

“That’s exactly what I am doing now…. I am not one of those people that don’t let others explain themselves…”Yoonhee was starting to lose her patience. “But please do it quickly.”

“We were playing the game….. and the girl there had to pass the paper to me(pointing to Buyoung)….. and she dropped the paper…… and it was half a second before I approached her…… and I didn’t have time to react…… and our lips touched….. But it wasn’t a kiss!!!!!” Sunggyu stated, half closing one of his eyes, expecting the eruption Yoonhee would have after hearing that, though it never came.

 

“Oh, kenchana, there’s no problem, don’t stress over it, I know it was probably an accident.” Yoonhee told Sunggyu.

“You are not angry that I “kissed” someone before you??!!??”Sunggyu asked really surprised.

“I don’t feel totally great about it, but I won’t get mad at something which isn’t your fault, and don’t make me get angry ok?” Yoonhee said.

“……. Eo….. Let’s finish it here now….”Sunggyu said. “Thanks for not getting angry with meeeeeee!!!!!” Sunggyu cheered.

“Kenchana, kenchana Sunggyu…. Don’t worry, should resume he game?” Yoonhee ask, trying to make the strange aura disappear. And so, the people in group 2 lined up.

 

Changmin, Suzy, Minhyuk, Hyemi, Doojoon, Taemin, Nichkhun, Doojoon, Sungjong, Myungsoo, Yoonhee and Siwan. That was the order in which they were positioned in. Changmin started and Siwan would receive it last. So they started, and of course, they won, since they were aable to pass on the whole lot of papers.

“So group 2 wins!!” Yonghwa announced. “Now, let’s finish this period by saying your names aloud to the traditional way. Since the new students never got to know your names,” Mr. Jung concluded.

 

Everyone presented themselves, and they went to classes. They started with language classes. Pretty boring if you asked me. How to write, and how to use language correctly. Horrible, Yoonhee hated it the most, it was the class she hated the most after maths.

 

Oh, of course there were also Social Studies, History, Geography, and science. All of them, she hated all of them , and now because of certain promise she did with her omma, she had to stick to good grades, which would be mission impossible for her.

 

The day went by, and after Language, she went to Science, and then to break time. Oh, how it felt to be back at school. That feeling of not being able to do anything. Yoonhee was not dumb nor thick and she was hard working, but studying was just not her thing. She would really need help this time, maybe Minhee could help her out… But they were in different classes. Well, most of them, at least.

 

At the little time she had at break, Yoonhee had Sunggyu explain everything to her. Why they were at her school, how they knew this was her school, things of the sort. Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo were also there. Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo were together.

“First, I really need to know the answer to this, why are you all in the same year?” Yoonhee asked really confused.

“Well, all of us are really special, some of us are more intelligent, and others are a little more thick, so we are more or less in the same academical level,” Sungjong explained, “see how I am with my hyungs? It’s because I am more intelligent than them!!” Sungjong beamed.

“Ok, one thing’s explained, now, what are you doing at my school?” Yoonhee asked.

“Well, we decided we wanted to go to the same school, and were precisely deciding which one to go to when Hyeryung appeared, and we met you and Minhee, and so we decided to come to the same school as you!” Dongwoo explained.

“Now, why didn’t you tell me this earlier today when you brought me to school, and instead said you were just passing by?” Yoonhee asked accusingly.

“We wanted to give you a surprise, and OH, you really were surprised when we walked in that classroom!!” Woohyun started laughing as he finished talking. “You really should have seen your face in that exact moment, it was….. It was daebak!!”

“Wow, you are really bad people…. But well, I am happy that we are going to the same school, school will not be so boring with you guys here, and I expect some of you to help me!!” Yoonhee said, “Who here is really good at maths??” Yoonhee asked, “it would be really great if any of you could help me out with it!!” Yoonhee exclaimed.

“L goon is a wiz at maths!!” Sungyeol said, pointing at Myungsoo.

“Well… and geo and history and science?” Yoonhee asked, everyone pointed at L.

“Let me tell you this, L hyung is a little nerd, he is the most perfect student you could encounter in your entire life. He is good at everything, from art to science,” Sungjong explained, making L shoot stares at him.

“Ok, Myungsoo-shi, will you be willing to help me out??” Yoonhee asked, still being as polite as possible, “jebal, I promised my omma my grades would go up, and if they don’t, my omma will hang me, not joking!!” Yoonhee pleaded.

“Yoonhee, he will not accept to help you, I’ve already tried convincing him several times to help me with bio, and he wouldn’t budge about it. I would try helping you, as the good boyfriend I am, but I’ve just got no hopes, I barely go through school myself!!” Sunggyu explained.

“Ok, Yoonhee-shi, I will help you out, just tell me when you can, and I will also tell you if I can, eo?” Myungsoo said.

“BHWO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” all the guys shouted out at the same time, “the Kim Myungsoo just said he would help Jang Yoonhee with schoolwork?!?! What happened to: ‘I need time for myself, or you are too dumb to even understand me when I am explaining, or No, I have more important things to do??”

“Yah! Don’t make me look so bad! Sungjong, who helped you out when you had the deadline of your geography project the next day and you hadn’t done anything at all? Eo?” L asked.

“Uhmm… L hyung helped me out…” Sungjong said, embarrassed of his previous words.

“And Woohyun, who helped you out when you didn’t understand anything at all about algebra and had an exam the next day?” L questioned him.

“Uhmm… Well…. You helped me Myungsoo-ah…” Woohyun said, resign. L was correct, when they really needed his help he would always go to help his friends.

“Ok, ok, we admit it, you do help us, though it is not so common for you to help unless its an emergency…” Hoya reflected on what L had said.

“Didn’t you hear what she said, she just said she at every subject, and if she doesn’t rise her grades, her omma will hang her, don’t you think that’s an emergency?” L asked.

“Of course it is!!” Yoonhee exclaimed pouting a little, “Thanks Myungsoo-shi for helping me out, I will really pay it back to you one day, really!! Although you could have been a little kinder when saying I at every subject….” Yoonhee said, her expression darkened, “I already feel bad enough about it, don’t need people telling me I …..”Yoonhee slowly said.

“Ohh… Mian, mian, I shouldn’t have done that, its just that they really got into my nerves, making me look so bad!” L complained.

“Since when do you care what others think about you, L hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“I’ve always cared………….. Uhmm, I don’t know, recently maybe? Or maybe it is because it is three girls I almost don’t know…….” L reflected on his actions, although he perfectly knew why he cared.