Chapter 19

Destiny, My Only Love

Their lips inched closer, and soon they were almost touching each other. Sunggyu could sense how Yoonhee was totally nervous, and was not 100% willing to give in to kiss him. So he decided to wait a little more he decided to wait until she was ready for him.

So just before their lips were going to touch, Sunggyu turned his head slightly to the side, so that he would kiss her just besides her lips, on the edge. Yoonhee was surprised, so she suddenly opened her eyes.

“Why didn’t you do it?” Yoonhee asked with an edge on relief in her tone.

“Yoonhee ah, I hope you don’t think I am forcing you into doing something you don’t want to do. I will wait until you are ready for it,” Sunggyu understandingly said.

“Thanks Sunggyu ah,” Yoonhee said, hugging Sunggyu. Sunggyu could feel his heart shattering because of that thank you, it showed how she really didn’t want to do it, but he tried ignoring it. He would never force her into anything.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I was too late! Just a second too late. I saw his lips touching hers when I got there. Just after it, her eyes popped opened, and she hugged him lovingly. I felt my heart being stabbed several times with a sharp knife, I was on the edge of losing it.

I could have stopped it, but I didn’t. I thought she wouldn’t accept to kiss him, but she did. I saw how her eyed sparkled with happiness and gratefulness after the painful kiss. I thought there was still chance for me to take her. To make her mine. But I am too late. After seeing that kiss, I know there’s no chance for me. At all.

End of Myungsoo’s POV

 

Myungsoo started walking aimlessly through the amusement park. Sunmi was still clinging onto his arm, following her oppa everywhere. Really concerned to what happened with her oppa, one second ago he was still lovingly smiling at her, now, he was just dull.

Myungsoo didn’t know how to feel now. There was no point in fighting anymore. He had lost. Sunggyu had won, again. *This was my one chance. And I let it slip through my fingers!* Myungsoo angrily thought. But exactly what happened before?

 

*Ten years ago*

“Myungsoo oppa, Sunggyu oppa. Let’s go play to the park. I already asked omma for permission!” a cut five-year-old Yoonhee beamed to the older ones, “the maids will come with us, just in case something might happen!”

Yoonhee clung to the younger versions of Myungsoo and Sunggyu, and started following the maids to the park. It was a beautiful day, so Yoonhee pleaded her omma to let her go out play with Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

On the other hand. Myungsoo and Sunggyu were not that happy, although they didn’t quite show it. Both of them had terribly fallen in love with Yoonhee, and they knew how the other felt about her. Rivalry started growing between them. They were not happy about the other being there too.

Once in the park, the children went to play in the swings and the see-saws while the maids went to sit on the table nearby.

Both Sunggyu and Myungsoo had decided that they would confess to Yoonhee that day. So they started collecting some wild flowers from everywhere, and made a cute bouquet. Unluckily for Myungsoo, Sunggyu got there first, and Yoonhee said yes.

It was children’s love, but it really did hurt. Myungsoo didn’t even have the chance to do anything since Sunggyu had gotten there first. There was nothing else to do. Myungsoo forgetting everything, decided to go home.

He crossed the street on his own, and didn’t notice a car coming. Yoonhee did notice, and she ran towards Myungsoo and pushed him out just before anything happened. They had survived the car, but as Yoonhee pushed Myungsoo, she had bumped her head against the hard ground, and lost consciousness.

The maids quickly noticed this, and went to save Yoonhee. They called her parents, and an ambulance. They got to the park at the same time. Myungsoo and Sunggyu wanted to get in the car with Yoonhee, but they were not allowed, soon, Sunggyu’s appa came to take the both children to their respective homes.

In the hospital, the doctors said Yoonhee didn’t had that much of an accident, but there was a chance for her to forget some things, and start having some difficulty with study.

Sunggyu never forgive Myungsoo for putting Yoonhee in such danger, and he started not speaking to him. Suddenly, Myungsoo had to move to the states because of the work of his appa. And Sunggyu also was in the same situation. Yoonhee was still in the hospital having tests done on her. They never got to say goodbye.

What the both of them never got to know was that she had forgotten them. She remembered nothing about them.

Both guys hurt terribly because of the separation. But they tried ignoring the pain. When they grew older, they convinced themselves it was just a children’s cute love story, it was not real love, but they were wrong. They never forgot her.

Now they had met again. The three of them, and Sunggyu had gotten there first. Sunggyu had no idea Kim Myungsoo was the same Myungsoo he knew years ago, but Myungsoo did know Sunggyu was the same. And He also started giving up. He had lost again.

Myungsoo was still thinking about the past, and how it was the same that happened in the present when he bumped onto someone. Yoonhee and Sunggyu.

“Oh annyeong Myungsoo shi!” Yoonhee happily said, “I guess we meet again!”

*This is just another clue to signal her not liking me, after all this time, she still uses formal language when being with me…….*

“Oh, ANNYEONG YOONHEE UNNIE!! YOU ARE ALSO HERE!!!!!” Sunmi beamed, “Annyeong Sunggyu oppa!”

“Annyeong Sunmi ah!” Yoonhee said.

“Myungsoo hey, annyeong Sunmi ah,” Sunggyu said. Just then, Myungsoo finally rose his stare from the ground.

Yoonhee immediately knew something was different with Myungsoo’s usual warm and kind eyes. They were now cold, and sad. He seemed to be resented. She couldn’t think of a reason between that morning and now to make Myungsoo so sad.

“Annyeonghaseyo Yoonhee shi, hi Sunggyu ah, we meet again,” He dully said. Yooonhee was quite surprise with his answer. They always used formal language with each other, but usualy greeted each other with friendly words. This was strange.

“Myungsoo ah, when do you think you can come to my house to help again with school work?” Yoonhee cautiously asked Myungsoo to try lightening the conversation; he would always change when it came to study.

“I don’t think I can keep helping you Yoonhee shi, there’s been too much lately, I don’t have the time,” Myungsoo coldly said before bowing and going towards the exit.

Yoonhee was totally surprised. Myungsoo had accepted to help since the first time she asked, he never said no. It was so strange. And he was being so cold, suddenly, Sunggyu’s voice dragged her out of her thoughts.

“Yoonhee, I think we should get going. It is starting to get late, and we need to catch a bus.”

“Deh, we should go now. I am really tired, please take me home.”

Sunggyu nodded, and they also walked towards the exit. Quickly went to the bus stop, and hopped in a bus. The bus was basically empty. So when Yoonhee’s head started to bob forwards and backwards because of tiredness, Sunggyu put her head on his shoulder so that she could peacefully rest for a while.

Myungsoo saw all his actions from his own car. Sunmi was sleeping on the sits of the back, and Myungsoo was in the driver’s sit. He turned his head to the right just to see a huge bus, just as he was going to turn his head back to the road, he saw familiar figures cuddling besides each other.

Soon, reality hit him. They were Sunggyu and Yoonhee. He tried forgetting. *Kim Myungsoo, we’ve already talk about this before. You need to forget her. She has already picked her choice and it was not you. By thinking of her, you are only making yourself feel more pain!!* Myungsoo thought as he closed his eyes for a second, trying to make the pain in his chest disappear.

Soon, the cars behind Myungsoo’s started signaling him that the light already had changed to green. He started driving, trying to concentrate on what was now in front of his eyes. He would really have a hard time from that day on.

 

Tell me what you think about the story so far?? ^^ Comment and Susbscribe!!