Chapter 8

Destiny, My Only Love

Days went by, and summer vacations were starting to finish. Right after the bowling day, Yoonhee’s punishment came by. What could she do? But it was not so bad. Yoonhee started becoming friends with Sunggyu’s friends. She was grounded from going out, but strangely enough, her omma wouldn’t mind her using her cellphone. She would spend her days talking with all of the guys, and her to good friends. Of course, she still had to do all the chores she promised to do.

 

 This time, her summer vacations lasted 3 months, 2 months she spent them in Taiwan, 1 month she spent punished, and now, she was to start school once again. She was really nervous about this, she would never do well at school, and she had promised her omma that she would definitely increase her average grade. Her mind was already racing 200 km/h, but she couldn’t come up with anything, actually, it was already Sunday, and just the next day she would have to wake up early, and walk to school. Right now, she was lying on her bed, ready for tomorrow.

 

 

“Yoonhee!! Wake up now!!” Mrs. Jang ordered.

“Arrasso….” Yoonhee murmured.

“Pali! You need to go to school! And remember what you promised me! Your grades, you need to keep them up!!” Mrs. Jang said with a smug smirk on her face.

“Arra….” Yoonhee answered, still not totally awake. Yoonhee started getting ready for her first day of school, she was really sleepy, last night she had stayed late thinking…. She washed up, changed into the school uniform and rushed downstairs to be received with a heavenly smelling breakfast. Oh, how well her omma could cook, if only she had learned correctly from her. That way she would be able to cook something delicious for the guys to eat, but her cooking skills .

 

She ate her carefully prepared breakfast, and just in time, she could see Hyeryung and Minhee getting closer to her house to go to school together. She finished the last bit of food, not leaving anything behind. Yoonhee considered herself being really lucky, she could eat nonstop for an entire month, but she wouldn’t grow fat. She would stay the same, different from Minhee and Hyeryung.

 

“Yah! Hang Yoonhee! Aren’t you coming out?” Hyeryung loudly shouted.

“Deh! Pali! We’ll be late for our first day! That’s something that I cannot let to happen!!” Minhee continued.

“Ahh… here I am, let’s go to school!!” Yoonhee cheered, rushing out her house’s front door.

“Yoonhee, seriously, you should stop waking up so late!! You are going to make us late for the whole school year!!” Minhee scolded.

“Yoonhee, you already know that grades aren’t so important to me, but even I agree with Minhee, if we continue like this, I will not be able to graduate! And my parents will kill me, and won’t allow me to meet Sungyeol!!” Hyeryung cried.

“Mianhe, mianhe, I promise tomorrow I will definitely get up earlier!” Yoonhee stated.

“You sure? I don’t think I can actually believe you….” Minhee said.

“Yes, I promise!” Yoonhee loudly said, putting her hand over her heart, and standing as straight as she could, attracting all the attention of the people to them.

“Stop it, you are making everyone look into our direction!” Hyeryung hissed.

“Hehe, mian, didn’t realize...” Yoonhee apologized.

 

They kept walking towards the school, and if they didn’t walk faster, they would be really late for registration. Suddenly, they felt someone or something following them. They started to walk faster, and the thing started to move faster too, nobody had wanted to look back to see what it was, they were afraid they would encounter a creepy person, or a ert.

 

They kept walking at full speed, almost running, but the thing also moved faster, finally, they felt someone just behind them. Three hands, one on Minhee, one on Hyeryung and one on Yoonhee. They got scared at the touch, they literally froze, but then Hyeryung realized who it was…

“Sungyeoll-ie!! What are you doing here?” She asked without looking back.

“Yah… How did you know?” Sungyeol asked.

“I just did, since it was you!” Hyeryung cheered. “So it must be Sunggyu and….. don’t say it, I will guess…… “ Hyeryung quickly stated as she saw Sungyeol was about to say their names, she wanted to guess. “Sunggyu and Dongwoo…” Hyeryung guessed.

“Ani, it’s me, Woohyun, annyeong!” Woohyun greeted.

“Yes, it’s me, Sunggyu, annyeong Yoonhee!!” Sunggyu cheered.

“Ohh!! Hyeryung-ie, yeobbo!!!! Annyeong!!!!!!!!!” Sungyeol yelled, running towards Hyeryung, in the same way as last time.

“Yah! Can’t you meet at least for once without doing that?” Sunggyu angrily asked, “Don’t do that, stop it!” Sunggyu yelled.

“You can’t stop us from doing this!!” Sungyeol mockingly said, hugging Hyeryung even tighter.

“Yoonhee, please, help me?” Sunggyu pleaded.

“Hyeryung, please stop, or get yourselves a room.” Yoonhee ordered.

“Mianhe all of you…. You are lucky we did realize you were here soon enough…”Hyeryung said, blushing a little.

“Oh, but with all the emotion, I totally forgot to ask you, what were you doing following us?” Hyeryung asked.

“We are also starting school today, and our school is near yours, we were going by in our cars, and saw the three of you, and seems you are already late, partly cause of us, but do you want a ride? You decide, car or walking?” Sunggyu asked.

“Of course we are going with you!” the 3 girls exclaimed at the same time.

“Well, I came here in Sunggyu’s car, so Hyeryung and Yoonhee and Minhee, you can all go together in Sungyeol’s car,” Woohyun explained.

“Okay!” the girls exclaimed.

“Yah! Yoonhee should come with me!” Sunggyu suddenly exclaimed. “Yoonhee-ah, do you mind if you come with me and Woohyun?” Sunggyu politely asked, totally not being himself.

“Wae?” Yoonhee innocently asked, never been in a relationship before, but realizing how Sunggyu’s stare went from cheerful to sad, “ok, I don’t mind, do you mind?” Yoonhee asked Hyeryung and Minhee.

“Of course it’s ok! Come on, you should obviously go with your boyfriend!!” her 2 friends cheered.

“Sunggyu, Woohyun, I am going with you!!” Yoonhee exclaimed, running towards them.

“Hyung! Do you need me to go with Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu, “so that you can be alone with Yoonhee?”

“Andue! I want you to stay there with us,” Sunggyu ordered, “I am serious with this relationship, I don’t want her to think I am going too fast, just stay with us to ensure I don’t do anything stupid!”

“Dae hyung!” Woohyun answered.

“So I am going with you!!” Yoonhee exclaimed when getting to Sunggyu’s car.

Sunggyu seated in the driver’s seat, and Yoonhee besides Sunggyu, Woohyun at the back sits. There was silence, no one talked. Soon, Woohyun realizing this, tried to start a conversation.

“So, Yoonhee, how do you feel about starting school once again?” Woohyun asked.

“Well…. I am not so good at studies…………. So…. Not so confident…… Furthermore, to be able to go bowling with you, I promised my omma that I would get a higher average so…… I do believe I will definitely die this semester……….” Yoonhee sadly explained. “Lets not keep talking about by miserable story…… How do you two do at school?” Yoonhee asked.

“Actually I don’t remem-“ Suddenly Sunggyu stopped talking, “We are doing really well, if you need help with school work any time we can help you!” Woohyun quickly added.

“Thanks, I think soon I will need it, so don’t forget you offer!!” Yoonhee exclaimed.

“Oh, here’s your school!” Woohyun said, signaling Sunggyu to stop, which he quickly did.

“By the way…. How did you guys know which and where my school is at?” Yoonhee asked, not realizing until now, that it was a little strange for the guys to know where her school was at, but when she was given no answer, she just shrugged it off, and got off the car, thanking Sunggyu for the ride, and telling him to call her later.

 

Yoonhee met once again with Minhee and Hyeryung at the school gates, and they hastily entered the school, barely in time, unluckily, they were in different classes, well, not totally, only Yoonhee, the worst of all….. She was in the same as the “popular” gang of the school. The leader was Buyoung, richest girl in school.

 

Well, the whole of the school was made of rich people, but it was just ridicule how rich Buyoung’s parents were. They probably slept in money, bathed with money, cried money and bribed the school as best as they could with money so that Buyoung would always be able to do anything she wanted. She bullied people, when having a test she would not come to school and things of the sort.

 

She would like to bully Yoonhee the best. It was not exactly like physical bullying, but she would always make people go against her, and she would make teachers to get mad at her for things she didn’t even do. Yoonhee couldn’t understand how she could still survive to school. Once, Yoonhee thought she saw Buyoung sliding something into the teachers hand; it seemed to be a little pouch.

 

As soon as Yoonhee entered the classroom, Buyoung’s eyes darted directly to her, she had nowhere to hide, she just tried ignoring her, and walking quietly to her sit, but clearly, Buyoung had other plans, her mission in life was making Yoonhee’s life impossible.

“Yoonhee-ah, annyeong!” Buyoung called out.

“Annyeong Buyoung-shi….” Yoonhee dully answered.

“What did you do in your vacations?” Buyoung kindly asked, taking Yoonhee by surprise.

“I just did things, a little of everything….” Yoonhee vaguely answered.

“Oh, jeongmal?? Your vacations seem to have been really interesting Yoonhee-ah, see you next time, let’s be friends!!” Buyoung enthusiastically proposed.

“Eo….. yes, we should become friends……” Yoonhee awkwardly answered.

“Eo! Bye!!” Buyoung said, walking back to her gang of people. Buyoung’s “friends” were called Hyemi, Eunjung, Minah and Sora. They would always walk by her side, and as everyone else did, treated her like a princess. They all had different characters, and family backgrounds, there were even rumors of Eunjung being daughter of a gangster, but well, sometimes, at school, the only thing which really mattered was whether you had money or not, not where you got it from.

 

Soon, the teacher entered the class, and everyone went to sit in their places, the teacher was called Jung Yonghwa. He was one of the most handsome and soothed teachers in the school, He was also really patient and kind, he would always try to help his student with their problems, and he was probably the only teacher in the whole school, along with his mate Jang Hyunseung, that haven’t been bribed by Buyoung.

 

“Kids, anneyong, my name is Jung Yonghwa, and I will be your form teacher for the following year, let’s try to be in good terms with each other!” Yonghwa announced. “I see that there are some people here that were with me last year……” Mr. Jung said, squeezing his eyes. “Jang Yoonhee! Lee Taemin! Shim Changmin! Lee Minhyuk! Jang Wooyoung! Nichkhun! Jung Krystal! Bae Suzy! All of you were in my class last year, better be careful I already know you well enough! Just bear with me for 1 more year!” Mr. Jung cheered.

 

“Now, all of you, new students, I don’t know your names, so please forgive me if I don’t get it right the first time!” Teacher Jung announced. “Today’s form will be longer so that we get to know each other, would you like to play a game?” he asked. “But, you need to come up with a really original game, I don’t want to play one of those normal introducing people games!” Yonghwa said.