Chapter 2

Destiny, My Only Love

“So, you are setting us an arranged date?” Yoonhee asked.

“Sort of, it is just that when I met them for the first time, I just thought that Woohyun would be perfect for Minhee, and that Sunggyu would be perfect for you, of course you could check the others out too, just remember this, Sungyeol is mine, and only mine!!” Hyeryung shouted through her earphones mic.

“Arrasso, arrasso, no need to get all hysterical,” Yoonhee calmly answered.

“But tomorrow we need to go to the mall,and go shoppping, long time we don't do that!! Don’t forget it, meet me tomorrow in front of my house at 10:00 am, we will need the whole of the day tomorrow. Don’t be late!!!” and with that, Hyeryung hung without even saying goodbye, Yoonhee and Minhee said goodbye to each other, and then also hung, by then, Yoonhee was already at home from the airport.

“What were you talking about for such a long time?” Yoonhee’s omma asked.

“Can I go tomorrow to Hyeryung’s house?” Yoonhee asked, as cutely as possible.

“Oh… I see where this is going to, I guess you can go, but none of us can take you, can you walk there yourself?” Mrs. Jang asked.

“I guess I can, since Hyeryung told us that we would meet at her house, and it is just a couple of streets away, just know that we are going to the mall after the three of us are at Hyeryung’s,” Yoonhee explained.

“It’s ok, only if Hyeryung’s parent will take you there…” Yoonhee’s omma strictly said.

“Of course, do you think I don’t know you well, I've already talked it with Hyeryung, and she told me that once at her house, her parents would take us there, just before going to the dentist, since Hyeryung’s omma has an appointment with the doctor, I don’t know why,” Yoonhee explained.

“If it is like that, then it is ok, just remember to take your phone, and don’t forget to call me 30 minutes before Minhee and Hyeryung are going, so that I can go to get you,” Yoonhee’s omma ordered.

“Arrasso!” Yoonhee happily accepted, “ahh… I also need to tell you that the day after I’ll go bowling with Hyeryung and Minhee, is that ok?”  Yoonhee asked, expecting to get a yes as answer.

“Deh, deh, kenchana, you can go, but you know the rules right?” Her omma asked, once again.

“Of course, you tell them to me every time I am hanging out with my friends, no flirting with boys, I am still too young…” Yoonhee said, with a monotone voice, although in her mind, she was already waiting to see Sungyeol's friends. It was strange, she never felt any attraction towards boys, but this time, it was just different, as if she needed to meet them.

“Very well, but I hope you haven’t forget that today you’ve also got an appointment with the dentist, they are probably taking your braces off today, so don’t protest,” Mrs. Jang said, noticing that her daughter was about to open to oppose the idea, she just wanted to rest after the long hours in the car and the plane.

“I was not going to protest, of course I remember!” Yoonhee said, defending herself.

“Good, now go change your clothes and get into the car, it is almost time!!” Yoonhee’s omma ordered.

 

Yoonhee went through the stairs slowly, she lives in a big house and her room is in the highest floor from the three levels, so every time she needed to go to do something quick to her room, she needs to climb all the stairs, once she counted them, there are exactly 77 stairs to climb, she would usually think about how it would be better if there was an elevator…

 

Yoonhee grabbed the first blouse and shorts her hands found, actually, it was not a bad combination, it looked good, then she went to brush her teeth and went walking down, thinking about how unfair it was, and how her omma couldn't wait a couple of days to go..

 

After 25 minutes of driving, they finally got to the doctor’s office. He was one of the best dentists in all of Seoul, so his waiting room was big and pretty, and there was a big TV to watch and various magazines. There were even a couple of sofas, and beanbags that’s one of the reasons why Yoonhee wouldn’t be bored about coming to the dentist. She really liked being there.

 

“Jang Yoonhee, you can come in know!” the assistant announced.

“Yoonhee is it ok if you go in yourself, I am really tired.” Yoonhee’s omma asked.

“Its ok omma, you stay here and rest a little, I am almost 16, I can cope with it just fine,” Yoonhee answered.

 

Yoonhee entered the room, but she didn’t see the middle age ajhumma which would assist Dr. Kim ever since she was 5. Instead, it was a young man, about Yoonhee’s age, obviously still in high school, maybe college. Yoonhee was not able to see his face correctly since he was using the mask, but his eyes were just charming, somehow, Yoonhee felt she had seen them somewhere else, but she wouldn’t quite get it.

 

The assistant was preparing all the equipment that Dr. Kim would need. When it was ready, he went to call the doctor, and immediately he started his work, in less than an hour, the braces were off, that’s why he was such a good doctor. The assistant gave Yoonhee a mirror for her to look how her teeth were like, and she just smile when she saw it.

"Your smile is really pretty," the assistant said.

"Thanks..." Yoonhee awkwardly answered, "your eyes are charming," she suddenly said, not knowing how those words escaped from . She could hear the assistant trying to hide his laugh, although it was not mocking.

“Thanks doctor, I really like the results!!” Yoonhee immediately said, trying to change the topic and direct everyone's atenttion to other things, “oh, but who was the guy which helped this time, he was not the ajhumma which is usually here” Yoonhee said once he was no longer in the room. 

“Today was the ajhumma's son’s graduation day, so I asked my son to come today instead, he’s watched me work since he was little, he knows what he does, “Mr. Kim explained.

“So it was like that… His eyes are just like yours!! I really felt I had seen those eyes somewhere else,” Yoonhee said.

“Ohhh,” Dr. Kim answered.

 

Dr. Kim and Yoonhee came out to the waiting room, and showed Yoonhee’s omma the results, she was extremely pleased, and with that, they went back home. By the time they got home, it was already dinner time. Mrs. Jang quickly made some bibimpap (mixed rice), and after eating, Yoonhee escaped to her room, just before her omma had time to tell her to wash the dishes.

 

Yoonhee washed up, and went to bed, already wanting to go bowling. And she also wanted to meet with her friends once again. When the three of them were together, everything was just chaotic, and really fun.

 

Yoonhee woke up early that morning. She decided to go with some pinky orange shorts and a white blouse. She washed up, and rushed down the stairs. Her omma was already making breakfast. Yoonhee’s favourite, Korean pancakes, but it was already 9:45, and the walk to Hyeryung’s house lasted about 10 minutes, she didn’t want to be late, she wanted to be with her friends as soon as possible after all those weeks, so she took a bunch of about 5 pancakes and went out her house, walking as fast as she could, quickly getting to Hyeryung’s house.

 

But when she got to the house’s front door…. She not only saw her 2 friends… she saw other 2 guys… and she was stuffing with food….

 

Comment and subscribe, I would love to know what you think about the story!! ^^