Chapter 32

Destiny, My Only Love

“Yoonhee!! Myungsoo is here!” Yoonhee’s mom called out, apparently her daughter was still in bed.

There was no answer.

“Mrs. Jang, would you mind if I go into her room to wake her up?” Myungsoo asked after a while.

“Oh, of course it’s ok, make sure she gets up, ok?” said Mrs. Jang.

“Ok.” Myungsoo started walking towards Yoonhee’s room while thinking how he would wake her up, after all it was their first date and he wanted that day to be the most special day ever. He had thought about doing the same things Yoonhee had done with Sunggyu, but decided against it. Their date would be unforgettable, special, unique.

First, Myungsoo knocked on Yoonhee’s door to make sure no accidents would happen, like going in while she was changing, and when he was sure nothing of the sort would occur, he went in. Yoonhee was still in bed.

“Hey, wake up,” Myungsoo softly said as he gently nudged on Yoonhee.

“Your honey is here and you can still sleep? Come on, quickly wake up, there’s so much to do today, we need as much time as possible,” Myungsoo said once again, but there was no reaction from Yoonhee, nothing.

“Please! Just wake up!!” Once again nothing. Myungsoo decided to lean in and peack Yoonhee’s lips, and just then, Myungsoo saw a little smile appear on Yoonhee’s lips  as he was finished speaking, although her eyes didn’t open, and her body didn’t move. “So she is awake,” he thought.

“Ok, if you are really not waking up then I guess we can go next week,” said Myungsoo and started walking out of Yoonhee’s room, but right before he could go out Yoonhee stood up and ran towards Myungsoo.

“Hey! Wait outside, I will be ready in 5 minutes, ok?”

“I knew you were awake! Ok, I will wait outside, be quick!”

 

Yoonhee was ready in less than 5 minutes, and as soon as she went out her room, she said goodbye to her mom (and didn’t even get breakfast), and walked out the house with Myungsoo.

“Sooo… what’ve you got planned for today?” Yoonhee asked.

“You haven’t eaten anything right?” Myungsoo asked, not quite answering Yoonhee’s question.

“Not really, you were there, I just rushed out the house.”

“Ok, then we shall go to the dorm,” Myungsoo announced.

“What do you mean? Is your definition of romantic date spending time with other guys?” Yoonhee incredulously asked, thinking about how protective Myungsoo had been the day before.

“Of course not, what do you take me for? I made them all leave the dorm before leaving; they should all be gone right now.”

Effectively, the dorm was empty. They went in, and Myungsoo told Yoonhee to relax while he went to fix some food for the two of them.

Yoonhee started walking around the dorm, exploring the space. There was a small living room with a sofa and a small TV connected to a playstation. The dorm had 2 rooms and 1 bathroom and of course the kitchten where Myungsoo was cooking.

Yoonhee went into the room Myungsoo shared with Sungjong, Sungyeol and Hoya and started looking through his belongings. There were mostly clothes, but Yoonhee found a book-like object, when she opened it, she realized it was a photo album.

The album was full with Myungsoo’s pictures: from when he was a baby and a little boy. His first steps and first day of school. Pictures with his family as well as Infinite members. At the end there were also a couple of random pictures such as landscapes and just pictures of places.

“Yoonhee, the food is ready!” Myungsoo called out.

Yoonhee took the album with her and walked towards the kitchen. “Didn’t Sunggyu feel bad when you told him he had to leave the dorm for me to come?” Yoonhee asked, “is he ok?” After looking at the pictures of the guys together, Yoonhe had thought back to Sunggyu, and was afraid she could be the cause for Myungsoo’s and Sunggyu’s friendship to be ruined.

“Sometimes he looks a little crestfallen, but he is taking it really well. For now he wants to concentrate on his music, and Infinite’s busy schedule also helps,” Myungsoo explained.

“That’s really good, I was worried he might be feeling really bad.” Yoonhee smiled and glanced towards the table. There was an awkward silence. “Oh, that looks delicious!” she said trying to make it disappear and sat down.

When they finished eating, they went to the living room and sat on the couch. “Myungsoo, I was in your room and found this,” Yoonhee said showing him the picture album.

“Oh, so you found it, I was going to show it to you anyways,” he said.

“I saw the pictures with the guys, I really didn’t ruin your friendship with Sunggyu, right? You look so close…” said Yoonhee.

“I told you already not to worry. There’s still awkwardness when we are around each other, but Sunggyu understands, time shall heal it all, and we can’t allow ourselves to fight with each other, now that we have debuted, the most important thing is being there for each other, team work,” Myungsoo explained.

“Ok, that’s a relief,” Yoonhee let out the breath she had been holding.

“I guess we’ve been home enough time, let’s go have a picnic,” Myungsoo said holding a picnic basket in one hand and taking Yoonhee’s hand on the other.