Chapter 22

Destiny, My Only Love

Yoonhee came down wearing some normal length shorts and a cute pink blouse, although the material was a little thin. “Is this ok?” Yoonhee asked as she came down.

“Hmmm… I don’t really know about the short…. They seem to be a couple of inches too short,” Myungsoo said, “and the material of the top part seems to be too transparent….” Myungsoo said examining Yoonhee from head to toe.

“Sunmi ah, how does unnie look?” Yoonhee asked.

“Unnie looks great! Oppa, stop nagging like an old grandpa and let’s just go for the ice cream, please?” Sunmi said, cutely using her lips to for a pout.

“See, she says it is ok. Now, let’s listen to Sunmi and quickly go so that we can quickly come back to study,” Yoonhee said.

“Ok, ok, let’s go…”Myungsoo finally accepted.

Just as Myungsoo was going to get into the car, Yoonhee stopped him. “I think it would be better if we went walking,” she said.

“Wae? I thought you wanted to quickly come back…” Myungsoo confusedly said.

“The roads are too narrow, we would never get there by car,” Yoonhee explained.

“Then we are not going!” Myungsoo exclaimed, “I am not walking all the way there, we have lots of things to finish!”

“But oppa….. You already promised me ice cream!!!!!” Sunmi whined.

“Sunmi, I am not walking who knows what distance just to get some ice cream, I will get you an ice cream on the way home, arrasso?”

“But I want the ice cream now!!” Sunmi said on the verge of crying.

“Oppa will get you ice cream, just… later on, eoh?”

“Ani, I want it now! You can come to study any other day!! I want to go with Yoonhee unnie!! Please!!”

“Myungsoo, I don’t mind going, we can study some other day when you are free.” Yoonhee said.

“Are you sure, this days I am going to be extremely busy, I don’t know when I will be able to come again,” Myungsoo answered.

“Yeah, I think I can sort of manage myself now. Let’s go and quickly come back see if there’s still some time left.”

 

So they started walking to the park. At first, Myungsoo got a little pissed with her little sister for bothering so much when they really had to study, but then discovered that he really needed some time to just walk and enjoy the fresh air.

Suddenly, he felt Sunmi’s hand taking his, and when he turned to see, he saw that she was also holding into Yoonhee’s hand. They looked like a cute couple taking care of a child, and Myungsoo immediately tried to free his hand, but Sunmi said she felt safe this way, so he had to leave as it was.

Many people turned their way, and even said how cute they looked like, making Yoonhee turn into 10 different shades of red. Myungsoo started feeling like they were going on a date, and for the first time in the day, felt happy he had brought Sunmi with him.

Soon enough, they got to the ice cream stall. When Sunmi saw all the different ice cream flavors they had, she was dumfounded. She couldn’t decide, and when Yoonhee realized, she decided today she would give her a treat since Sunmi was the reason they were able to go out and have a breath.

“Sunmi ah, unnie will buy it to you, choose all the flavors you want!” Yoonhee said.

“Jeongmal!! Komawo unnie!!” Sunmi answered bouncing up and down.

“Ani, that can’t be, we will have to go back home to eat, and sugar will make you hyper Sunmi,” Myungsoo sternly said, “just choose a flavor, we can come back next time eoh? Also, you don’t want unnie using up all her savings buying the entire ice cream stall for you?”

“Arrasso, but you need to promise me to bring me here again, I want to try them all!”

“Arrasso, I promise, now choose!”

“Ajhussi, can you give me… hmmm………. a brownie ice cream!!”

When Myungsoo saw Yoonhee getting the money out, he stopped her, “Aren’t you going to buy anything for yourself? Anyways you are paying.”

“Oh, yes… hmmm.. ajhussi, I want a cookies and cream ice cream, Myungsoo, do you want anything?”

“Uhmm… I want a choco-chips ice cream.” Just as Yoonhee was going to pay, Myungsoo stopped her, “Being the gentlemen everyone knows I am, I cannot let a girl pay. I will invite you this time, eoh?”

“But, I already have the money out, there’s no need for you to pay for th-“

“If you feel so bad, then just make sure to make it to me next time we go out, this time I will pay, ok?”

“Ok…. But next time I will make sure to buy you something yummy!!”

There were some little table nearby, and when the ajhussi finished giving them the ice creams, they went to sit there.

“Myungsoo, have you heard about the fieldtrip we are going to be having soon?” Yoonhee asked.

“Oh, yeah. I heard from our seniors that it is really going to be fun. Like, they take us there to learn, but they give us lots of free time, and the hotel we are going to is also really nice.”

“Really? I just hope I am ok when this one comes, since every time we go on a trip, I get sick the previous day, and I either don’t go, or I go with the horrible cold!!”

“Don’t worry, this time this oppa will be there so that you don’t get sick!!”

“Yah…. You are not my oppa, at least I still don’t feel like calling you that!!” Yoonhee said sticking her tongue out.

“Waee!!” Myungsoo whined snatching the ice cream from Yoonhee’s hands, “if you don’t call me oppa, I won’t give this back to you! Come on, we’ve known each other for so much time know, and you don’t even feel comfortable enough to call me oppa?! It is just two syllables! O. PPA. Just repeat what I say!”

“I don’t want to! Stay with the ice cream. I don’t want to be rude, but I really don’t feel comfortable calling people oppa if they are not my actually brothers….”

Sunmi had been silent until know, and she finally spoke up. “Unnie, Myungsoo oppa is 1 year older that you, just call him oppa would you? For me?” Sunmi said using her large puppy eyes.

“Sunmi, why do you want me to call him oppa?”

“Because he is my oppa, and I want you to call him oppa. Pweaaaseee???”

“Ok, But make him promise to give back the ice cream!”

“Deh Unnie!! Oppa, you heard right, you will give her back the ice cream!”

“Arrasso, I promise.”

“Unnie just say it already won’t you?”

“Ok…. Myungsoo op—oppa, would you give me back the ice cream?”

“Ani, I don’t want to!”

“Bhwo?! You promised to give it back!!”

“But Yoonhee, you didn’t say it correctly, so I won’t give it back!”

“Ok, Myungsoo oppa, would you give me back my ice cream?” Yoonhee asked again.

“Ani, you already told me you didn’t want it back, so I am not going to give it back!!”

“Yah… Give it back, you already had you portion!!”

“I paid for it, not giving it back!!”

“YOU said you would buy it for me, now give it back, I said oppa, and you don’t have an idea how difficult that was for me!!”

“Nope, you were not sweet enough, you were too dull… Do it again, sweetly, and I promise for everything I have that I will give the ice cream back, eoh?”

“Forget it, I am not doing it….. Stay with it….”

“EIsh, really, Jang Yoonhee, you are one stubborn person! Here, I will give it back this time.”

 

They finished having the ice creams, and when they finally got back to Yoonhee’s house, it was already late, and Myungsoo and Sunmi went back home. Once home, Sunmi finally asked her oppa the question that had been in her mind all day long.

“Oppa… Why haven’t you asked unnie out? I can clearly see you must like her, and I like her too!! You look really cute together.”

“Sunmi ah, she doesn’t like me back, and she is dating Sunggyu oppa, I have no chance…..” Myungsoo sadly answered.

“Because of that you have to fight for her, someone’s heart can be easily changed, don’t just stay there watching it happen before your eyes, try doing something about it!!” Sunmi exclaimed, “If you don’t, then you aren’t the oppa I’ve known since I was little, always telling me not to give up. Anyways, fighting oppa!!”

 

Her words left Myungsoo thinking about it…… He would try once again…. He wouldn’t give up so easily, and if Yoonhee didn’t feel the same back, he would just stay there, always protecting her from danger.