Chapter 21

Destiny, My Only Love

Yoonhee walked into the school, and as soon as she saw Myungsoo, she ran towards him. They started talking, and Yoonhee made an extra effort to make Myungsoo comfortable. They decided that Myungsoo would go to Yoonhee’s house with her after school, since there were lots of things to do.

So right after school, Yoonhee went with Myungsoo to his car, when suddenly Sunggyu appeared in the picture.

“Yoonhee ah!! Jang Yoonhee!!” he started calling out loud.

“Oh, Sunggyu ah, what are you doing here?” Yoonhee asked.

“I don’t have anything to do today… Can I go to your house?” Sunggyu said trying to use his failed aegyo.

“Sunggyu hyung…. You know only Woohyun can do aegyo….. Ours is always failed, don’t even try it,” Myungsoo stated.

“Deh Sunggyu, I think Myungsoo is right….” Yoonhee said.

“Yoonhee ah…. Myungsoo ah…. realized you have been talking to each other informally lately, something happened?” Sunggyu curiously asked.

“Ani.. we just realized how ridiculous we were being by speaking informally to each other,” Myungsoo explained.

“Finally!! I thought you would never realize since you were always speaking so formally whenever you met but at the same time you joked around with each other, it was driving me crazy! Now Yoonhee, since you are speaking informally to Myungsoo, why don’t call me oppa?” Sunggyu asked.

“Hahaha, nice try Sunggyu hyung, but I don’t think it will that easy,” Myungsoo said eyeing Yoonhee.

“Well…. Should we get going Yoonhee?” Sunggyu asked,

“Oh, Sunggyu ah, I planned to study with Myungsoo today….” Yoonhee slowly afraid to offend Sunggyu, but luckily she didn’t since Sunggyu understood how much Yoonhee needed Myungsoo’s help.

“Then I will study with you, I’ve gotten my physics homework here with me!” Sunggyu beamed.

“Ok then, but you need to promise not to disturb!” Yoonhee said, and with those words, Myungsoo’s warm eyes started becoming cold again.

“Ok then, Myungsoo ah, Yoonhee will come with me eoh?” Sunggyu asked Myungsoo.

“Ok. Go first, I will catch up with you later, I think I forgot something inside,” Myungsoo said as an excuse to have time to calm himself own before driving and avoid causing an accident.

Sunggyu and Yoonhee left, and just as the car was getting out of sight, Myungsoo got a call.

“Yeobuseyo?”

“Myungsoo ah, I think you will have to take care of Sunmi today…. I can’t since today I am really busy, are you free, if you aren’t you better start canceling because I can’t leave Sunmi alone at home!” Myungsoo’s omma said through the speakers.

“But omma! I need to go and help Yoonhee out! I already promised!” Myungsoo whined.

“Kim Myungsoo, you are taking care of Sunmi and no buts! Yoonhee is really kind and I know she will understand, now come directly home!”

“Omma, can’t I take Sunmi with me to Yoonhee’s? I really promised to go, and I don’t like goig back on my word!!”

“I don’t know, I don’t think you can really study with Sunmi there, I will let it to you to decide, just make sure to look over her, eoh?”

“Arra, I will go home now……”

“Bye son, thanks!”

“Bye omma…….”

 

As Sunggyu and Yoonhee got to Yoonhee’s house, Sunggyu also got a phone call. It was Sungjong.

“Hyung! Can you come to the practice room now?” Sungjong asked, “I need you here now, there are some parts of the dance I can’t get completely right, I need help, and there’s no one around, and the instructors are not here either, and only answered my phone call!!” Sungjong whined, now Sunggyu regretted answering the call.

“Arra Sungjong ah, I will go now, you better be grateful to me because I had to cancel someone else to go to you…….” Sunggyu said, and edge of anger could be heard in his voice.

“Who is that someone?” Sungjong innocently asked.

“Eish, I will tell you when I get there, bye!” Sunggyu said quickly hanging the call.

“What happened?” Yoonhee asked.

“Sungjong told me he needs help with homework, I need to go to his house to help him since I am a good hyung,” Sunggyu said.

“But why don’t you tell him to come here, we can study together!” Yoonhee beamed, she loved when Sungjong was around, everything was simpler.

“I don’t think that can be possible,” Sunggyu said before going out the car and opening the door for Yoonhee telling her to go inside.

“Ok……,” Yoonhee seemed to be confused, “bye Sunggyu, see you tomorrow!”

“Eoh, bye Yoonhee ah….” Sunggyu said, and immediately got into his car and drove away. He wanted to quickly get to the practice room and kill the maknae for interrupting him. But he had to go since they were about to debut and everything had to be perfect.

As Sunggyu got to the practice room, he noticed the cars of the other guys, and asked himself if Sungjong was playing a prank on him. His surprise when he entered and saw every single member in there (except of Myungsoo).

“LEE SUNGJONG!! DID’T YOU SAY THERE WAS NO ONE HERE?!?!?!?” Sunggyu bursted.

“When I called there was no one here….. All of them just got here,” Sungjong innocently said.

“Well, Sungjong since now you have someone else to help us, for example our dance machine, I can go, don’t call me again unless you are about to die!” Sunggyu said as he walked out the practicing room.

“Sunggyu hyung! Since you are here, you should practice the dance with us. Last time we danced it, I saw there were some parts you were not doing correctly, don’t you dare escape!” Hoya said, and when Sunggyu started running, he ran towards him and got to him before he could get into his car.

“You are not going anywhere!” Hoya sternly said.

 

*Flashback*

“Sungjongie!! Can you help me out??” Myungsoo said using failed aegyo… Not following the words he had told Sunggyu earlier.

“What happened hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“Can you call Sunggyu to go to the practice room, tell him to help you out with something. Can you do that?” Myungsoo pleaded.

“What for?” Sungjong asked.

“Can’t you just do it for hyung?” Myungsoo desperately asked.

“I don’t think it is a good idea, he will ask me why I didn’t ask the others,” Sungjong reasoned.

“But…… Just tell him anything, please? You told me you were on my side, now help me? It’s for Yoonhee!” Myungsoo tried again.

“Ok…. I will do it…. But only because it involves Yoonhee noona. Hyung, if Sunggyu hyung kills me, you are going to be responsible!” Sungjong said with fear in his voice.

“Arra, arra. Now just do it!” Myungsoo yelled through the line.

“Ok hyung…. I will send you a message when it is done,” Sungjong said hanging the phone.

*End of flashback*

 

When Myungsoo got home, he immediately started searching for Sunmi, she was hiding because she thought it was fun. But as soon as Myungsoo called out Yoonhee’s name saying they would go to her house, Sunmi went out from her hiding place.

They got into the car, and rapidly got to Yoonhee’s house, about 10 minutes after Sunggyu left.

 

Realizing that Myungsoo had something else to do since he wasn’t there yet, Yoonhee decided that today no one would be coming to her house and changed into the clothes she would use when being alone at home. Some really short shorts under a really long shirt that would cover the shorts.

Upon hearing that there was someone at the door, Yoonhee went down from her room and directed towards the door.

She thought it might have been someone coming to leave a packet or something of the sort, but she was wrong. When she opened the door, she got a really big surprise when she saw Myungsoo standing under the doorframe.

She immediately closed the door, leaving a really flustered Myungsoo on the other side. It was already the second time they had this type of situation. The last time was when Yoonhee stayed over-night at Myungsoo’s house.

“Myungsoo ah, I will go change, wait there! Remember there are lots of stairs to get to my room! Mianhe!!” Yoonhee said running upstairs to go change. She quickly grabbed the clothes that would be able to cover her best. Some jumpers and a turtle neck blouse.

The weather was terribly hot, and because of that, Yoonhee was wearing revealing clothes, but she dared no more after what happened. She darted downstairs and opened the door letting Myungsoo in and realizing Sunmi was also there.

“Oh, Myungsoo, I didn’t see Myungsoo when I opened the door,” Yoonhee said, trying to make Myungsoo forget what he had just seen. Actually, she would wear those clothes when Hyeryung and Minhee were over, or when Sunggyu came, but using those clothes around Myungsoo felt strange.

“Jang Yoonhee! How do you dare to wear those clothes! What would have happened if I had been a stranger and a ert!!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“Mianhe, are you happy with this clothes?” Yoonhee asked pointing to the totally non-revealing clothes.

“Yes, I think that is more……. Suitable for studying, oh, and I brought Sunmi with me since no one can take care of her in the house. But…. Why were you wearing those clothes when you knew I was going to come… And Sunggyu hyung I thought he would be here?” Myungsoo innocently asked.

“Oh… yeah… He said he would go help Sungjong study…”

*Sunggyu hyung, I guess that was the best excuse you found for dance practice…..* Myungsoo thought.

“But I still can’t understand how he will help Sungjong if he can barely help himself…..” Yoonhee finished.

“Our hyung is more intelligent that he seems to be, don’t worry, they’ll manage.”

“I told them to come here to study together, but Sunggyu said it would not be possible… I don’t understand….”

“Well… I don’t know what happened, but you still haven’t explained why you were using those clothes when knowing I would come!!”

“I thought you were not coming! You were really late so supposed something came uo and you couldn’t come!”

“But I never go back on my word….. Have I ever broken a promise?” Myungsoo asked.

“No….. But I didn’t know miahn……”

“I came later because I had to go home for Sunmi. I hope she won’t be a distraction.”

“Don’t worry. I will show her where the TV is, and I think that will be enough for the afternoon.”

 

So Yoonhee gave the TV to Sunmi so that she wouldn’t be to bored, and went to her room where she studied with Myungsoo. They really thought the TV would distract a 8 year old enough time to do some studying, but it was an epic fail.

Five minutes after they started studying, Sunmi entered Yoonhee’s room saying he was sleepy. So Yoonhee had to let Sunmi in and let her sleep in her bed. But then Sunmi started saying she couldn’t sleep because of all the noise oppa and unnie were doing, so Myungsoo and Yoonhee had to move to the living room.

When another 5 minutes had passed and they had settled on the little (too little) table in the living room, Sunmi came down saying she couldn’t sleep, and she wanted her oppa to sing her a lullaby. So Myungsoo went up and he came down after making sure her sister was asleep, but he was wrong.

Sunmi came down again saying she was hungry. So Yoonhee stood up going to the kitchen to see what there was, but there were no snacks, and Sunmi wanted cookies.

“Yoonhee unnie, Myungsoo oppa…. Can we make some cookies?” Sunmi cutely asked. Myungsoo was about to say no when Yoonhee stopped him.

“Sunmi, will you be happy if we made cookies?” Yoonhee asked Sunmi.

“DEH unnie. Can we, pweasee??” Sunmi said making puppy eyes.

“Myungsoo ah, I think she might finally stop if we give her cookies, it is worth a try. And if doesn’t work, at least we will have cookies to make up for it,” Yoonhee whispered on Myungsoo ear, making his neck tickle because of the air coming out of .

“Ok. But I will tell you we will not have time to finish doing what we started.”

“Ok, doesn’t matter. You can always come tomorrow!”

“Arrasso… Let’s go make cookies then,” Myungsoo said, making Sunmi jump in happiness.

 

Myungsoo watched Yoonhee having trouble opening the flour bag, and taking out the utensils. Then frowning when seeing the recipe, not even knowing what it meant nor where the baking powder was. After watching enough of her cute expressions and actions, he decided to take over.

“Yoonhee ah, if can’t even open the flour how where you expecting to make cookies?” Myungsoo asked.

“Actually, I was expecting you to offer me help earlier……” Yoonhee said, clearly frustrated.

Myungsoo started mixing ingredients in a bowl and opening the eggs with a single hand. Yoonhee just watched from the side, amazed by how perfect the man in front of her was. But soon shook the thought away. Myungsoo was just a friend, She couldn’t see him as a man.

Soon, Myungsoo finished mixing, and it was time to make the shaped the cookies. This ´part was when Yoonhee’s artistic abilities would come in. She Made pretty shape, they could really be differentiated from Myungsoo’s circles and Sunmi’s perfect shaped ones (since she was using the shapes for making cookies).

Yoonhee made flowers. And when they were already cooked, she started frosting, bringing the flowers to life. They were too pretty to be even eaten. 

Yoonhee gave Sunmi some milk and as many cookies as she would want to eat, and went to Myungsoo who was waiting for her in the living room to continue with the studying. Again, 10 minutes after starting to study, Sunmi came out of the kitchen, smeared with frosting.

“Now what do you want Sunmi ah?” Myungsoo harshly asked, already losing his patience. He was a really patient man, but trying to explain something to someone while having your little sister bothering was not so easy to ignore.

“Oppa, how do you know I want something?” Sunmi innocently asked.

“Kim Sunmi, I’ve been living with you for the past 8 years of my life, I can read you really well, now say it.”

“Ok, just remember you told me to say it,” Sunmi said accentuating the you, “I want to go for an ice cream!” Sunmi blurted out. (All this time, Yoonhee was just sitting next to Myungsoo watching the sibling fascinated. She had no brothers, she didn’t know how it was to live with someone else.)

“HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET YOU ICE CREAM?!?!” Myungsoo finally exploited.

“Well, go and buy it!” Sunmi said. Sunmi was not a little brat, but she was acting like one at the moment.

“WHERE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GO BUY IT?!?!” Myungsoo yelled, about to have a mental breakdown.

“Myungsoo ah, calm down,” Yoonhee finally said, “there’s a small shop where they sell ice creams at the park 100 meters from here. We can go there.”

“But Yoonhee ah , that’s no way of treating children, they will grow to be little brats!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“Let’s just let her be for today. It is too late to say no anyway, we’ve been giving it all to her today….” Yoonhee whispered to Myungsoo.

“Yoonhee ah….. Could you stop that? It is tickling..” Myungsoo whispered back.

“Oh, miahn, I will stop. So Sunmi ah, should we go out for Ice Cream?” Yoonhee asked.

“DEH!! Unnie is the best!!” Sunmi said.

“But Myungsoo ah….. Can’t you let me go change before going out? I am seriously dying in this thing!” Yoonhee pouted.

“Ok…. But don’t wear anything too revealing! You don’t know, creepers could get near you!” Myungsoo said as he saw Yoonhee run up the stairs.