Chapter 17

Destiny, My Only Love

“Phew, that was really close. I owe you one Hyemi shi! But…. Why did you do it?” Yoonhee asked.

“Uhmm… well….. It… well, I saw how much effort you put into the project, it would have been too unfair on you. I already knew what Buyoung was planning. I told her not to do it since you guys would all be on Yoonhee’s side, but I guess she didn’t listen to me. Really, all these years that I’ve been her friend, never once has she acknowledged me, I was tired of it. I guess things will be better like this,” Hyemi explained.

“Anyways, I am really grateful Hyemi shi, if you hadn’t stood up, Mr. Jang wouldn’t have believed me, he was already biased,” Yoonhee said.

“Deh Hyemi noona! Thanks for helping Yoonhee noona!! If you are Yoonhee noona’s friend, then you are my friend!” Sungjong beamed

“Deh Hyemi shi, thanks for helping Yoonhee, I owe it to you,” Sunggyu said.

“Ani, it was just fair, don’t need to feel you owe me anything,” Hyemi said.

“Yah, Yoon Hyemi! We were planning on going to hang out at a cafe nearby after school, want to come with us, at least like this I can show you how grateful I am towards you, eoh?” Hyeryung suddenly said just as Hyemi was leaving, “you saved my friend from that Choi Buyoung, just come with us, I don’t think that after what you did, Buyoung will still want you hanging around her.”

“Are you sure I can go?” Hyemi asked.

“Of course Hyemi noona!! Don’t you remember what I just said? Anyone who is Yoonhee noona’s friend is my friend. Just come!” Sungjong said.

 

So with that, all the guys, Yoonhee, Minhee, Hyeryung and Hyemi went together. They started a light conversation since at first, they were a little awkward. Hyemi had always been in the other team. An enemy, and now they were hanging out together, it was something difficult to digest, but all of them new how to be grateful.

 

Suddenly, Minhee discovered that Hyemi was a TVXQ fan. She turned crazy, none of her friend were really interested in TVXQ, and she couldn’t talk about how she loved the idols with them, but now, there was someone to talk with. Suddenly, Minhee turned serious, and everyone started staring at her, it was really strange how she suddenly stopped all the blabbering going on.

“Hyemi ah, who’s your bias, it wouldn’t be Changmin right?” Minhee sternly asked.

“Ani, my bias is Hero Jaejoong!!” Hyemi beamed, “his voice is just angelical!!”

“Ok…. Phew, if not, I would never speak to you for the rest of my life, Changmin is ONLY mine, arrasso?” Minhee asked a slightly freaked Hyemi.

“Eoh, arrasso……”

“Hey, but I just realized….. You just said Jaejoong’s voice was angelic, what about my Changmin?!?!” Minhee suddenly blurted out.

“Uhmm, deh.. Max Changmi can reach really high notes, indeed he is the main vocal, I respect him,” Hyemi carefully said.

“Yahhh!! You’ve just accepted that you like Changmin!!” Minhee angrily said (a little too loudly making everyone look towards their direction) pointing her finger to a now really frightened Hyemi.

 

Luckily, before Minhee went to kill Hyemi, Hyeryung and Yoonhee interfered, since all the guys were too dumbfounded seeing this side of the quiet Minhee.

“Yah, Kwon Minhee, chill!” Hyeryung commanded.

“Deh, Minhee ah, you are freaking Hyemi out! If she says she acknowledges Changmin, then you get angry, and if she doesn’t acknowledge him, you also get angry….” Yoonhee carefully tried calming Minhee down.

“EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU WANT!!” Hyeryung shouted.

“Uhmmm…. I don’t know……. Just forget what just happened, eoh?” Minhee said.

“Yeah, Hyemi ah, just forget what she said,” Hyeryung said, chuckling a little.

“Oh well, but after this incident we’ve seen how Kwon Minhee really is like, and that is really scary!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“Woohyun ah, stop it, we don’t want to start another fight, so well……. Uhmm…. Hyemi, so you like kpop, do you like any other group?” Hyeryung asked, trying to avoid another disaster.

“Yess!!” Hyemi squealed, starting to fangirl, “My biggest bias is Teen Top’s L. Joe, I love Teen Top. But there’s also TVXQ and I’ve been interested in the group that is to soon debut. Infinite. I like the name, and some of the teasers they’ve released seem pretty good. So bad they are always covering their faces, I would love to know how they look like!”

 

With those words, all the guys fliched. *Oh no! They cannot start talking about that!! Knowing the members, they will definitely spill some of the secret!!*

Myungsoo was the fastest to react. “Yoonhee shi, isn’t it getting too late? We agreed on me helping you with maths today, didn’t we?” Myungsoo asked.

The guys quickly caught on what Myungsoo wanted to do.

“But Myungsoo shi, it is barely 3, we still have some time!” Yoonhee said pouting.

Sunggyu started speaking, “Yoonhee ah, didn’t you tell me that you wanted to finish all your homework today so that we could go on our date tomorrow?” Sunggyu asked.

“Oh… yeah, you are right, I should get going,” Yoonhee said, “let’s go Myungsoo shi. Annyeong everyone! Sunggyu ah, I will see you tomorrow after going to the dentist for the checkup, eoh?”

“Eoh Yoonhee ah, see you tomorrow!” Sunggyu beamed.

 

Yoonhee and Myungsoo got into Myungsoo’s car, and they drove off. The awkwardness they used to have before had totally disappeared. Yoonhee felt comfortable around Myungsoo, it just felt right.

“So, are you going on a date with Sunggyu hyung tomorrow?” Myungsoo asked out of the blue.

“Deh, it is our first date since we started dating months ago, I am really excited and nervous about it. I hope it goes well. Sunggyu will go get me to the dentist after I am finished with my revision, and we will go somewhere fun, that’s what Sunggyu told me,” Yoonhee explained.

“Oh, I see….” Myungsoo sadly sadly, said, when suddenly his eyes truned double their size, luckily Yoonhee didn’t notice. *Sunggyu hyung is coming to our clinic, and tomorrow I’ve got to help appa, what happens if he recognizes me?!?!* He tried to calm himself down, and more or less got it, and started to make something up in his head. He would just disappear as soon as Sunggyu got to the clinic, it was not that hard.

 

Soon, they were in front of Yoonhee’s house, today they were studying there. They got down, and Myungsoo greeted Mrs. Jang. Mrs. Jang had grown really fond to Myungsoo, she was really happy her daughter had someone to lean on (Yoonhee had already called her omma to tell her everything that happened), and furthermore, Yoonhee’s grades had gotten better with his help.

 

Mrs. Jang dearly desired that Yoonhee would choose Myungsoo instead of Sunggyu. She could tell both guys really cared about her daughter, but she could really say she was biased towards Myungsoo.

 

Yoonhee and Myungsoo studied for a while, in which Yoonhee finally understood how to find the value of x in a correct way. They finished studying earlier, and Yoonhee finished all her homework.

“Thanks Myungsoo shi, now I don’t need to worry about homework while being with Sunggyu, I will see you on Monday at school, bye!” as Yoonhee said these words, Myungsoo’s glare became sour, but Yoonhee didn’t notice since Myungsoo was already in his car, driving off.

 

Next day soon came, and Yoonhee woke up early in the morning to go to the dentist. The appointment was at 8, and by 9, she would be free to go with Sunggyu, and relax from all the stress the project had caused.

 

Mrs. Jang took her daughter to the dentist, she already knew she would be going out with Sunggyu, so she would leave when the check-up was finished. Yoonhee went in the room, and she was greeted by the assistant with the pretty eyes. A glint of recognition flashed through Mrs. Jang’s eyes as she saw the assistant, immediately she knew he was Myungsoo, she supposed that her daughter knew, and would greet him, but instead, she just walked pass him to the sit.

 

Well, she did do a little bow, and she seemed to be really awkward when being with the assistant, so Mrs. Jang decided to ask her daughter if the assistant was Myungsoo. When the assistant went out of the room to bring the doctor, Mrs. Jang started talking to her daughter.

“Yah, Yoonhee ah, wasn’t that Kim Myungsoo?” Mrs. Jang hastily asked.

“Omma, what are you thiking? How can that be Myungsoo shi?” Yoonhee answered.

 

Mrs. Jang was going to answer, but as soon as she was going to open , Mr. Kim came in with the assistant.

“Yoonhee ah, it’s been a long time since I last saw you, have you been using the retainer correcty?” Mr. Kim sternly asked.

“Deh!” Yoonhee answered.

“Ok, let’s see,” Dr. Kim said sitting down on the chair, and approaching Yoonhee tools on hands.

 

He started checking on Yoonhee’s teeth, after finishing with the check up, he smiled satisfied.

“Yoonhee ah, you’ve really been using it well!! Everything is perfect, like this, you will be free of any apparatus in your mouth in a short time!” Dr. Kim exclaimed.

“Jeongmal!?! Komawoyo!!!” Yoonhee exclaimed, happy to be finally freed of it. When she unintentionally turned to the assistant’s way, she saw him smiling sweetly, and she just knew that those eyes that looked at her in such a sweetly way, she had seen them every day for the past months. But again, more than half his face was covered with the mask, and he wouldn’t take it off.

 

“So, I guess I will see you again in a couple of months to check on you again, you can go now, tell my secretary to give you the date, eoh?” Dr. Kim said, “oh, and son, could you with them to tell the secretary about how much time from today it should be?” Dr. Kim said directing to his son.

“Eoh appa,” he answered, in a low voice. Yoonhee heard, and that voice was the one voice that would always be there to make her feel better, but she couldn’t point it out.

 

As soon as they went out to the waiting room, Yoonhee saw Sunggyu waiting for her. Yoonhee was surprised, but still went to her boyfriend’s side, and quickly asked her omma if she could sort things out so that she could talk to Sunggyu.

“Yah! You will be with him all day long, can’t you finish this?” Mrs. Jang asked.

“Please omma!! I will quickly be back, it is something important!!” Yoonhee whined.

“Alright, but quick!!”

 

Actually, Mrs. Jang was a little happy Yoonhee went outside the clinic for a while. Like that, she could talk with Dr. Kim’s son.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, do you think I don’t know it is you?” Mrs. Jang asked.

“No, from the moment you came in, I knew you would recognize me……. But still. Yoonhee cannot know yet, please!! I have something planned……. Well… more or less……. Will you please help me?” Myungsoo pleaded.

“Ok…. But I don’t understand why you don’t tell her it’s you….. But well, if you say so, then I will not tell her, I don’t think she will realize on her own…..” Mrs. Jang said.

 

Soon, Yoonhee came back with Sunggyu, and Myungsoo immediately escaped before his hyung could see him, he would recognize him for sure, he had been in the clinic before. When he saw that Sunggyu didn’t realize, he calmed down, and went to do his work, when he suddenly remembered Sunggyu and Yoonhee were going on a date.

 

Mrs. Jang, finish setting a date for the next appointment, and Sunggyu and Yoonhee said goodbye, and went out the clinic.

“Soo… Sunggyu, were are we going, will you finally tell me?” Yoonhee asked.

“Ani, you will know when you get there, I am sure you will love it,” Sunggyu answered, starting to walk away, outside the parking of the clinic.

“Sunggyu ah, where are going?” Yoonhee asked.

“I am going on our date,” Sunggyu calmly answered.

“Oh… did you bring your car?” Yoonhee asked.

“Ani, I didn’t we will walk…. And don’t resist, I walked from my home to here. Well, I took a couple if buses, but we will to, so don’t pout and just walk, eoh?”

“Arrasso……”

 

Sunggyu and Yoonhee started walking to the nearest bus stop, hand in hand, and Yoonhee just felt this was not right, she felt really happy, and in peace, but something was just not right, she couldn’t point it out, when suddenly Sunggyu interrupted her train of thoughts.

“Yoonhee ah, I just realized… Isn’t Myungsoo’s appa your dentist?” he asked.

“That’s nonsense, where did you get those ideas. I’ve been going to that dentist since I even remember, and I’ve never seen Myungsoo shi, maybe you got confused….” Yoonhee said frowning, thinking about the possibilities.

“Well…. I guess I got confused. There are so many…..” Sunggyu said, still thinking about it.