Chapter 14

Destiny, My Only Love

“Yoonhee ah, so good you came up with this idea, here I’ve gotten the bottles I saved up, and these Sungyeol gave them to me, and these are the ones Hyeryung gave Sungyeol to give me since she knew we were meeting,” Woohyun said putting 6 containers on the table.

“Here I’ve gotten mines and some Dongwoo hyung gave me,” L said, putting 7 containers on the table, “Dongwoo hyung was really eager to help, as soon as I told him about the plan he went to the shop and bought 3 cans of coke and 3 bottles of soda, only one is mine….”

“Yoonhee, here, 2 mine and 1 from Sungjong, he went to buy this just to help his dear Yoonhee noona, haha, isn’t he cute?” Sunggyu laughed while putting the containers on the table.

“We didn’t bring any, we don’t drink such sweet things!!” Buyoung and Hyemi exclaimed at the same time.

“I brought one myself, I guess it should be enough for the mobile… and…. I guess we could get a clear plastic container for the model of the coral, we could actually fill it up with water after doing the coral, of course, it all depends of the materials we use,” Yoonhee said thinking about how to do the model.

“Yoonhee shi, we must think in a similar way, since I already bring the clear plastic container, I thought about it yesterday, and I brought some play-doh for the coral and the details we wanted to do,” L said.

“Ok, we should quickly start, who will work in the mobile with me?” Yoonhee asked, quickly glancing towards Sunggyu.

“Come on, Woohyun, we will work with Yoonhee, ok?” Sunggyu said, understanding what Yoonhee was trying to express, and then giving a look to L to show how sorry he was.

“Ok, so Hyemi and Buyoung, you will work with me, let’s go,” L said, not before giving a stare to Sunggyu showing his understanding.

 

Everyone worked really hard (at least on Yoonhee’s team), and everything went so smooth until they finished cutting the plastic and had to arrange it on the mobile.

Yoonhee stated giving ideas about how to arrange it all, and indeed it would look really well, it was using the bottoms of all the containers to make flower like shapes at the top. Then cutting the tops to have a cylinder, and cutting open that cylinder to make a rectangle, then pasting the rectangle on the sides, as if they were falling from the top to the bottom, and use some special paints she had to paint it.

Also using the lids to decorate, and the tops would be tied with a string together and they would let them fall from the center. Sunggyu and Woohyun had agreed to everything, thinking it was actually a great, but then Buyoung heard Yoonhee in the middle of the explanation and just had to oppose it all.

“Yah! Jang Yoonhee, how do you come up with such….. uhmm… crappy ideas!” she exclaimed, “look, if the project will not look good, then we shouldn’t use the entire of the bottles, come on, just look at the sketch you’ve been doing, that thing in the center looks really strange and out of place, and those lids would just ruin the use of the pain… You should just take those away, and maybe cut the pieces falling from the top into different shapes…” Buyoung commented, still eyeing the sketch of the mobile Yoonhee had drawn.

“Uhmm.. Buyoung is right Yoonhee ah, it does look strange….” Woohyun said concentrating on the sketch, “doesn’t it Sunggyu hyung?”

Sunggyu started to stare the sketch, squeezing his eyes, making them 100 times smaller their normal size, and that’s really saying something. “Uhmm… Yoonhee, jagiya….. It does look strange…. I hate saying this, but it does look out of place…” Sunggyu slowly said.

 

Yoonhee’s hopes of having someone say it was ok just crushed, come on, her adoring boyfriend had just said it was not ok, no one would say it was ok!! But then he came.

“How can you not see what Yoonhee shi has been trying to do. She has used every single part of the bottle, which was the whole point of this. Not using half and throwing away the rest of it. I accept we could cut it into different shapes, but I really believe we should let it stay as Yoonhee shi originally planned it as,” L defended.

“Komawoyo Myungsoo shi, you are the only one who actually understood what I was trying to do, jeongmal komawoyo,” Yoonhee thanked.

“L explained it really well; I think we should actually let it stay as it is, it is the whole point of the project of the mobile,” Woohyun admitted.

“Oh, Yoonhee-ah, jeongmal mianhe! I couldn’t understand your point of view, it really does make sense, really, mianhe!” Sunggyu started pleading for forgiveness so that his girlfriend wouldn’t be so angry towards him.

 

Seeing that at last everyone agreed with her idea, Yoonhee continued with her idea, she didn’t get angry at Sunggyu. No matter how Buyoung opposed the idea, they decided to continue with Yoonhee’s idea, Yoonhee had even brought some pieces of clothes that wouldn’t be used anymore at her house to make them fall from the top.

 

After working the entire afternoon, and slightly into the night, they managed to finish both parts of the creativities. They had to present the day after a first period on biology classes, and they were ready. Everyone had learned their lines, and the poster was already in L’s hands just in case Yoonhee forgot to take it, knowing her.

 

Buyoung and Hyemi pleaded Sunggyu to give them a ride home, and he accepted after 10 straight minutes of them calling him oppa (even with him telling them not to call him that). Yoonhee had also asked Sunggyu for a ride, but seeing that he had accepted to take Buyoung, she decided against it. Furthermore, she was a good girl, and since Woohyun was also going with Sunggyu, she decided to allow them more space in the car.

“Are you sure you are not coming with me?” Sunggyu asked for the nth time, worry about how his girlfriend would get home.

“Deh, don’t worry, I called my parents to come and get me!” Yoonhee said while beaming a cute smile to Sunggyu.

“Ok, if you need me to get you home you can always call me, and I will come back for you,” Sunggyu said, still worried.

“Really, don’t worry about me, I am old enough, and it’d not like I was walking home alone, I can manage myself: Quickly go, don’t worry about me, it’s not like you were not going to see me again, furthermore, you shouldn’t make Buyoung shi wait any longer,” Yoonhee said, seeing how Buyoung was already tapping her feet against the ground.

“Deh, Sunggyu oppa, let’s go, my omma should be getting worry that I am not home, Yoonhee can manage!” Buyougn squealed.

Sunggyu made a face so that only Yoonhee, Woohyun and L could see it. “Ok, let’s go….” Sunggyu half groaned, still not wanting to leave Yoonhee.

“Anneyong Sunggyu-ah, drive safely and quickly get home, I will call you if really no one can come for me, and if not I will still call you when I get home,” Yoonhee announced.

“Eoh Yoonhee ah, annyeong,” Sunggyu said just before Buyoung had pulled him out of L’s house.

 

There was an awkward atmosphere between L and Yoonhee, til now, they had successfully forgotten the incident at Hoya’s house because of the project, but now they had finished, and furthermore, the other members of the group were not there.

“Uhmm, Yoonhee shi, have you already called home for them to come for you?” L uncomfortably asked.

“Eoh, yeah, thanks for asking, I had totally forgotten, I should call now...” Yoonhee said while taking her phone out.

“Omma… Remember I told you Sunggyu was taking me home? Eoh, deh, something came up and he couldn’t drive me home, can you come for me?” Yoonhee asked through the phone.

“Uhmm… Well, Yoonhee, I was about to call you to tell you that your grandma just called your appa and me to tell us that she was not feeling that well,  and if we could go and take her to the hospital, you know how she will only depend on your appa and not on your uncle. So, we had to go for her, and we will be out the entire night. We were hoping for you to ah? sk Sunggyu’s omma if you could stay there for the night, but it seems it won’t be possible………” Yoonhee’s omma’s voice trailed off as she was thinking what to do with her daughter.

“But omma, I can go home, I know where we keep the spare key, I suppose there will be no problem….. Oh, right, that is if you will let me walk home alone at this hour. Sunggyu volunteered to finish doing what he had to do, and then come back for me, but I don’t want him come back since it is long way from his house…. Otokhe…” Yoonhee started thinking hard about what to do.

“Yoonhee shi, is there a problem?” L suddenly asked.

“Oh? Deh, my omma was expecting me to ask for permission at Sunggyu’s house to let me stay for the night since I cannot go home because my family went to see my halmeoni, and they won’t let me walk home alone even if I know where the spare key is…..” Yoonhee explained, almost in a whisper as if she was talking to herself, still thinking hard.

“Yoonhee ah…… We took the spare key…….. Remember when we changed the entrance door, and we had the keys done again? We never made another spare key, you cannot get in….” Yoonhee’s omma said.

“You gotta be kidding,” Yoonhee mouthed.

“What happened now?” L asked.

“Now, there’s not even a spare key…. Otokhe Myungsoo shi!”

“You can stay at my house, we have a spare room. I just need to go ask omma if it is ok!” L optimistically said.

“Oh, jeongmal? Wouldn’t it be too much problem?” Yoonhee worriedly asked.

“Aniya, kenchana, I just gotta asked, but omma will definitely say yes… Right now she’s outside getting Sunmi from her dancing lessons, let’s wait till she gets home to ask, eoh?”

“Ok, Myungsoo shi komawoyo, you are always saving me…. Omma, did you hear, Myungsoo shi said that there’s a chance for me to stay the night at his house, I will hang for now, keep your phone on, I will call you to tell what Mungsoo shi’s omma said, eoh? Annyeong!”

“Annyeong Yoonhee ah,” Yoonhee’s omma said while sighing, thinking about she about letting her stay at a guy’s house.

 

“Oh, Myungsoo shi, I want to thank you again for helping me earlier today, I spent my entire night thnking about how to do the mobile, and then for Buyoung to come and tell me that it was totally wrong, I felt really bag, thanks for coming to explain what I was trying to do. I cannot understand how you are always helping me out and I never give you anything to say thanks…. Tell you what, I will invite you to dinner one of this days to my house, my omma’s cooking is the best!”

“Aniya, it’s ok. I like helping people, but do you have a uniform?” L asked.

“Oh, forgot that small detail, tomorrow we have to go to school and I only have the uniform I am using now….” A pout formed on Yoonhee lips.

*How cute, I love when she pouts, and when she smiles. If only the smiles she directs to Sunggyu where directed to me….* L longingly thought. “Today omma is washing clothes, you can get your clothes in, and you will have clean clothes for tomorrow.”

“But Myungsoo shi, I’ve gotten no spare clothes to change into…”

“Don’t worry, you seem to be the same size as my omma, we can ask her for some clothes for you, we should just wait for her to come back, if you want, you can sit down on the sofa.”

“Eoh… Komawoyo Myungsoo shi.”

 

Yoonhee sit on the sofa and soon Myungso followed her. Again, there was an awkward silence. Until Myungsoo tried to stop the silence again.

“Soo… Yoonhee shi, do you know all your lines well? Everything you’ve got to say?” L asked.

“Deh, I know it all by heart, of course that you helped me a lot to get it right. Since you explained it to me several times, different from other expositions, I understood all the information so I was able to learn it quicker, again, komawoyo Myungsoo shi…. I seem to never stop thanking you…”

“Don’t worry, wasn’t that the deal, I would always be there to help you out, that’s why I am there for, helping you out!”

 

Suddenly they heard the garage doors opening, and a car driving in. It was Mrs. Kim and little Sunmi. Sunmi was L’s little sister. She was 8 years old, and she was the cutest thing ever. She was really polite, and just like her brother really intelligent and hard working. She also liked dancing and playing the piano. Somehow the Kim household had the 2 most perfect child ever.

 

Of course, Yoonhee adored Sunmi. Every time she came to L’s house to study, she would be all over the little girl, not that Sunmi protested in any way, she liked the attention she was receiving. Of course, this time, it was not an exception.

 

“Yoonhee unnie!! You are here!!” Sunmi squealed as soon as she saw Yoonhee sitting on the sofa.

“Oh, Sunmi-ah!! Annyeong, you are as cute as ever!!” Yoonhee answered in the same way. “Oh, Anyeonghaseyo Mrs. Kim,” Yoonhee said bowing  90°.

“Oh, annyeong Yoonhee ah, why are you still when everyone else already went home, do you need a ride home?” Mrs Kim asked.

“Uhm.. Ani, but…. Uhmmm…. I…… Uhmmm…..” Yoonhee stuttered unable to continue.

“Yoonhee’s parents are out of the city and are not coming home, so I told Yoonhee she could stay, of course, if you accepted,” Myungsoo explained.

“Oh, kenchana Yoonhee ah, we’ve got a spare room for you to stay in, and Sunmi loves it when you play with her. I will have dinner ready in 30 minutes, tell Myungsoo to show you where the room is, eoh?” Mrs. Kim said looking towards L.

“Eoh, and omma….. Tomorrow is a school day, so we were wondering if you could lend Yoonhee some clothes to use since I told her she could get the uniform she is using now into the washing machine so that she has clothes to wear tomorrow, eoh?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh, of course, kenchana, make yourself like home Yoonhee ah, also Myungsoo show her were she can get a bath, I will go for the clothes,” Mrs. Kim announced.

 

Yoonhee and Myungsoo went up the stairs into the second floor. All the rooms of the Kim family were there. The spare room was at the end of a really long hallway. Just beside the bathroom and L’s room.

“Here, you will be satying here for the night, so better make yourself comfortable, eoh?” L told Yoonhee.

“Ok, komawoyo, your omma is really kind for letting me stay, and even giving clothes Myungsoo shi, it must be in your genes since you are always so kind to me too,” Yoonhee said while beaming a weak smile towards L, she was really tired from everything.

 

Soon Mrs. Kim appeared at the door of the spare room. “Here are the clothes, and a towel, you can go to take a bath, I am still cooking the dinner, and furthermore, Mr. Kim is not home yet, he is working late today, so quickly go to bath and come out dressed in this, eoh?” Mrs. Kim said, giving the clothes to Yoonhee, and quickly disappearing.

 

Myungsoo went out the room Yoonhee was staying in and into his own room, he should let Yoonhee bath with peace. Anyways, the bathroom was just besides his room, if she needed help, he would be able to hear. On the other hand, Yoonhee quickly went into the bathroom, she was bathed in sweat, and felt sticky, she wanted to get it all off.

 

Myungsoo started listening to music and staring into the ceiling. Suddenly he remembered Yoonhee could ask for help, and he wouldn’t be able to hear, so he took out his earphones, and took out the book he was currently reading. It was really good he did since Yoonhee, being herself, just had to drop the clothed before entering the bathroom.

“Myungsoo shi!! Myungsoo shi!!! Can you hear me???” L suddenly heard Yoonhee shouting.

“Oh! Deh, Yoonhee shi, anything happened?” Myungsoo called back.

“Uhmm… The thing is I think the clothes your omma gave me… well, I let them fall when I was entering the bathroom, could you help me search for them?” Yoonhee asked.

Myungsoo could feel his face going red. He liked her so much, and that was just the way she was, always forgetting things. He went out his room to search for the clothes, and found them just in front of the bathroom’s door. He took them and knocked on the bathroom’s door.

“Yoonhee shi, I found the clothes, come to get them!!” L called out, still unsure of how she was going to get the clothes. Suddenly the bathroom’s door totally opened, showing a Yoonhee who wrapped up in a towel. The towel got about 2 inches above her knees and was barely covering her up. Myungsoo cheeks were burning up. “Here you have them, now quickly go change, you didn’t have to open the entire door……” Myungsoo said, murmuring the last part.

“Eoh, ok, thanks Myungsoo shi,” Yoonhee quickly said, bowing a little before closing the door.

 

 

 

Ok.... This is the longest chapter I've ever written. This will do for the short update last time. Furthermore, it was 2 updates in a week since I am already in mid-term vacations... SO HAPPY

 

Please support by commenting and suscribing, I hope you enjoy reading!! ^^