Chapter 12

Destiny, My Only Love

“Hey! What do you think you are doing? This is your first kiss, right?” L angrily asked.

“Well, yes, and what’s your problem! Why did you drag me out of the house like that!” Yoonhee protested.

“How can you have your first kiss with all of us in there, and worst of all! Because of a stupid game? Your first kiss should be special, not part of a game!!” L exclaimed.

“Why do you even care? You never listen to what I say, you are always spacing out, and I know you are being really kind for helping me study, but sometimes you are really rude towards me. Really why do you care?”

“Just because, first kisses are something important, something that happens just once in a lifetime, how can you give it away just like that?”

“He’s my boyfriend, can’t I just kiss him because I want to? I am old enough, I know what to do, and if I didn’t want to do it, I would have already told him, so please Myungsoo-shi, let’s just go in as if we never had this conversation, first kiss or not, it is none of your business.”

 

Yoonhee rushed in the house, and went to Hoya’s room as if nothing had happened. L was left dumbfounded just outside Hoya’s house. He was thinking whether he should just go to his own house and say he didn’t feel really well, of if he should, just like Yoonhee, go back in and act as if nothing had really happened.

 

Just as he had decided to go back home, someone came to hold him back. He had the slight hope it was Yoonhee who came back to say sorry, but it wasn’t, it was Sungjong.

 

“Hyung! Were you going somewhere? Why aren’t you going in? Yoonhee noona went in about 10 minutes ago, why are you still here?” Sungjong asked.

“Well, just thinking, I don’t feel really well, I think I am going home…” L explained.

“Why, today was supposed to be really fun, are you angry for any reason?”

“It’s nothing, just having a bad headache. I should get going before it gets too late!”

“But Hyung, it’s already midnight, it is already too late, inside there’s some headache medicine, why don’t you just stay, I will tell the others to be more quiet for your head not to hurt even more.”

“No, really, it hurts too much, I need my omma’s special remedy.” L said, starting to walk away, leaving the maknae alone.

“Hyung, is it because of Yoonhee noona?” Sungjong asked.

“What?”

“It is evident you like Yoonhee noona.”

“Of course I don’t like her, what are you imagining?”

“Come on hyung. You are always spacing out, but when Yoonhee noona talks, you come back. Just like what just happened. Ah, and don’t worry, I just told them you probably took the wrong person out, that it was supposed to be, because you thought I was too innocent to see that kid of things.”

“Well, Yoonhee doesn’t think I ever listen to her, she says I never pay attention to what she says…. Oh.. and thanks dong saeng-ah, you just saved my dignity and relation with Sunggyu hyung.”

“Since I saved you, let’s just go in, it’s too late for you to go alone, eo? They are already starting to suspect something happened between you and Yoonhee noona, since you are just not coming in, just go in as if nothing has happened, just like Yoonhee noona did.”

“Ok, ok, Sungjong-ah, let’s just go in.”

 

L and Sungjong went in together. 15 minutes had passed since Sungjong had offered to go out to search for L, so they were starting to get a little suspicious. But when Sungjong, who never seemed to lie, told everyone he had to go search for his hyung since he couldn’t find him because L had gone for a walk because he felt too suffocated, they all believed him, and everything went to normal once again. Except that Yoonhee stopped talking to Myungsoo.

 

As Sungjong had mentioned before, it was already midnight, but everyone was hungry. Woohyun had offered to cook, since he was considered the best chef amongst them, but Sunggyu wouldn’t let him. He hadn’t been able to kiss his girlfriend, so at least he wanted to cook with her, so Woohyun, since he was the dong saeng, let him be.

 

Both of them, Sunggyu and Yoonhee, are the worst cooks this world had to cope with. They asked the others what they wanted to eat, and Woohyun, knowing it would really be easy to cook. Told them too cook omurice, then he said he would go to help anytime if they needed him.

 

They started cooking, and everything was alright at first, both of them had cooked rice before with a rice cooker, so this first part was easy. But as soon as they touched any other ingredient, everything started going wrong. The onions were chopped a little too big, and the vegetable were way too small, they couldn’t even been seen. They added too much salt, and they even added water into the pan because they thought they had added too much oil, and the frying pan would start burning up if they didn’t do something about it.

 

After cooking the rice, they had to make egg. They tried it several times, but they couldn’t either mix the egg correctly, they still added too much salt, and the egg’s shell fell into the mixture. When trying to cook it, what was supposed to be a thin layer of eggs, became a thick layer of burned and full of holes egg.

 

They didn’t know how to fix it, and when Yoonhee was about to ask Woohyun for his help, Sunggyu’s pride kicked in. He wouldn’t let her call for Woohyun, he told her he was her boyfriend, and he would be able to fix it. Sunggyu added some water into the rice to make it less salty, and he tried covering up the holes on the egg with lots of tomato sauce, it became a great mess. And still, they decided to take it out.

 

Oh, how they laughed at them. That’s the day everyone decided Sunggyu would never cook again in his entire life, even worse, Yoonhee either. Woohyun quickly entered the kitchen, and in half the time Yoonhee and Sunggyu spent trying to cook something decent, he came up with a banquet. It was simple, but yet, you could feel the food melting in your mouth.

“Wow! Woohyun hyung, how can your cooking be so different from Sunggyu hyung’s? Because of the taste of what he tried to cook, tears almost started falling. It was way too salty, and the rice was mushy and wet, and it was definitely not yummy,” Sungjong complained while munching on the omurice Woohyun had prepared.

“Yeah, Sunggyu hyung, you should start having cooking classes with Woohyun, if you don’t, then there will be problems…” Dongwoo stated, “if you and Yoonhee were to get married, then you would be a total fail. None of you can actually cook, you would have to starve, and if you were to have children……. Poor little creatures, how they would suffer because of your cooking!!”

“Yah…. Don’t you think you are thinking too into the future, we don’t even know what will happen tomorrow, and you are talking about children?!?!” Yoonhee asked, bewildered.

“Jagiya, don’t you think we have a future?” Sunggyu greasily asked.

“Please, Sunggyu, don’t start to act like Sungyeol!!” Hoya pleaded, “it is more than enough for one of us to be so sweet and sticky!!”

“Ok, I was just joking around, don’t take it to heart, Yoonhee-ah.”

 

The night went on, and by one, everyone was already knocked off, all of them were sleeping. Hoya wouldn’t allow anyone into his parents room, so they had to sleep in the sofas and on the floor and some even had to share Hoya’s bed. So, Sungyeol and L shared the sofa. Dongwoo and Hoya and Sungjong slept in a large inflatable bed. Sunggyu and Woohyun slept on the floor. Hoya’s bed was decided to be allowed for the three girls to sleep in, since all the guys were real gentlemen.

 

L was the first to wake up, and since he wasn’t a bad cook (although not as good as Woohyun), he decided to cook breakfast for the rest of the people. His cooking was mathematically calculated. Everything, from how much time he should leave the pancakes on the fire to how much flour he should put into the mixture.

 

The ones who hadn’t waked up when Myungsoo started cooking were awaken by the heavenly sweet smell of the pancakes, which they thought they were imagining. L served it all in a plate, and set up the table. He went to the fridge for orange juice and milk and prepared a cup of coffee for each person. He went to the cupboard for the toppings to put on the pancakes, and when he finished, he called everyone down.

 

When they came down, everyone’s eyes became as big as plates, they weren’t expecting such a good breakfast. Their imaginations were not joking with them, the delicious looking pancakes were already set on the table. They quickly thanked L and started eating away, L had also calculated exactly how many he had to cook, and how many each would eat. Once again, he was correct.

 

After eating, they all went back home, it was Saturday, and they had lots of tasks to complete for school. This was a really important school year for all of them. It was the start of their lives as seniors (I really don’t know how it works in other schools, but in mine, when you get to 9th year, you are consider senior), the grades they got these years would be really important to whether they got into a good college or not.

 

Weekend went by finishing all the tasks for the next week, since they had the science project to finish. Yoonhee’s group had decided to do it at Sunggyu’s since he lived in a big area, and there was lots if green area to work at so that it wouldn’t be so tiring. So as soon as the week started, after school, they went to Sunggyu’s house to work on the project.

 

After lots of thinking (mostly done by L) about which topic would be better and would allow them to get more points, they decided to do it about the Great Barrier of Coral Reef in Australia. Actually Hyeryung had went diving there in her vacations, and volunteered to help, but Yoonhee wouldn’t allow her, she also had projects to finish and work to do.

“So, the coral reef it will be, right? I believe it is a really good idea to work with this since the coral itself its alive, and it gives a place to live to many other organisms. We can explain how they interact with each other, and how the coral has evolved with the organisms that live in it,” L explained.

“Wow, Myungsoo shi, you have really good ideas for this, I am really happy I was appointed to do this with you,” Yoonhee exclaimed.

“Myungsoo ah, you are really daebak! With your ideas we are going to get a 100!” Woohyun and Sunggyu praised L at the same time.

“Sunggyu oppa, wouldn’t it be better to do it about something easier and simpler?” Buyoung suggested.

“Deh, Buyoung unnie is correct, this seems way too complicated,” Hyemi assured.

“First, Buyoung, please don’t call me oppa, not even my girlfriend calls me oppa, until Yoonhee calls me oppa, no one is allowed to call me oppa. Second, it is four against two. Sorry, we are doing it about coral reefs,” Sunggyu answered.

“Ok,” Buyoung reproachfully said, a pout forming.