Chapter 20

Destiny, My Only Love

Myungsoo started to ignore Yoonhee. He wouldn’t talk to her during breaks, nor would he answer her questions during class time. He totally stopped going to her house to help her with school work, and he would try not speaking up for her when teachers were unfairly nagging at her.

When the guys went out with Yoonhee, he would stay alone at home. And when his omma asked him how Yoonhee was, he would just ignore it.

Sunmi would often want to go to her Yoonhee unnie’s house, but Myungsoo wouldn’t budge about, and coldly told her to forget about Yoonhee. He even tried making his appa change her dentist, but Mr. Kim wouldn’t even talk about it.

He made his best to try not to come in contact with Yoonhee in any sense, he knew that if he did, he would really weaken. But, that’s how destiny is; it brings people that should be together together. That’s what it did this time.

Myungsoo was walking down the street to get to his house since he had gone out for a walk. Suddenly, he saw a figure running towards him. Just as he was able to figure who it was, it was too late. Yoonhee had already reach him.

She panting hardly, and there were beads of sweat running down her forehead. She had run about 100 meters non-stop to get to where Myungsoo was standing.

What happened was that Yoonhee also felt like taking a walk; she felt a little suffocated inside her house. She felt sad, Myungsoo had become an important piece in her life, and suddenly it had disappeared.

She started wondering about without even noticing she had already walked a really long distance, and when she came back to real world, she didn’t know where she was standing. She tried finding her way home, but it was all futile, she was already too lost. Suddenly she saw a silhouette in the distance.

Instantly, something told her the owner of that silhouette would definitely be able to help her. She rushed to it, and soon realized the owner of the silhouette was the Kim Myungsoo who had been disappeared for the last days.

“Myungsoo ah!!!” Yoonhee cheerfully shouted. Myungsoo was really surprised of Yoonhee talking to him in an informal way.

“Oh, Yoonhee ah,” he also said informally, “annyeong, did you realize you are talking to me in an informal way??” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah Myungsoo ah. After that day in the amusement park, when you greeted me in such cold and formal way, I realized I liked it when we only talked. I don’t even understand why we never spoke informally. Do you not like it?” Yoonhee sadly asked.

“Ani, I also think it is better like this. Why did we even speak formally to each other?” Myungsoo asked.

“Hmm…. I don’t remember………. AHH! Yes, we were too awkward with each other at the beginning, at least I felt awkward so I couldn’t bring myself to talk to you informally,” Yoonhee said.

“I guess that was the same for me,” Myungsoo said, curling his lips upwards.

“Myungsoo ah……………. I got lost,” Yoonhee finally admitted, “I came out for a walk, and started wondering around. I didn’t even pay attention to where I was going, and well….. I somehow got into this neighborhood….. I am totally lost…. I now your house is nearby, but I’ve never been in this part, help me?”

“Yoonhee…. You know how far your house is away from mine, right? Didn’t you notice you had already walk aimlessly for more than an hour?”

“I was too immersed in my thoughts since one of my really good friends stopped contacting me.”

“Eoh, really?” Myungsoo said realizing it was him Yoonhee was talking about, “mianhe…….”

“Who said I was talking about you?” Yoonhee suddenly blurted out.

“Oh?” Myungsoo said, confused, “Eoh….. uhmmm… I……… I guess we are not friends then…..” Myungsoo said with a heartbroken expression.

“It’s a joke, of course it is you, and of course we are friends…. Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?” Yoonhee asked.

“Ani Yoonhee ah…. I just needed time to get some things sorted out. But I don’t know if I’ve finished thinking yet,” Myungsoo said with nostalgia in his voice.

“Myungsoo, I don’t know what you did wrong, but I miss you………. Please stop ignoring me?” Yoonhee cutely asked.

“I will see…. I really don’t know………”

“Wel….. But, at least help me get back home?”

“Ok, let’s go, I just have to call home to tell them I will be late…..”

So Myungsoo started guiding Yoonhee home. At first, there was so much tension around them that you could have cut it with a knife, but little by little, they came back to how they used to be. The joked around, and Myungsoo dropped his cold stare. It was warm once again Everything fitted in place. Soon Myungsoo realized he could have gone for his car.

“Yoonhee ah, I just thought we could have had save so much time if I had thought of bringing my car… I think omma was going to say that before I hung the call…….” Myungsoo regretfully said, but Yoonhee didn’t really care.

“I really don’t mind, in this way, I think we are already talking as before. In the car you would have just focused on the road, and you wouldn’t have talked to me, I guess we are normal once again, right?”

“Yeah, we are……” Myungsoo finally accepted. He knew this would happen if they met like that one more, and they did. He would never be able to let her go. Finally, they reached Yoonhee’s house.

Actually, Yoonhee had already recognized her neighborhood, but Myungsoo insisted on taking her home. So, he walked her home, and after watching that she had safely entered her house, he left. He got home terribly late, just to find a message on his phone.

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Myungsoo ah!! Now that we are back to normal….. Can you come tomorrow to help me out??

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

To: Jang Yoonhee

Arrasso….. Let’s talk about the time at school, I am seriously dying, I wanna go to sleep!!

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Thanks Myungsoo. I am really happy that you forgave me! I am not quite sure about what I did, but I am really sorry for hurting you! T.T

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

“If you want to make it stop hurting, you have to come to me……..”

 

To: Jang Yoonhee

Ok, let’s just forget it all. If you mention it again, I will not forgive you! See you tomorrow at school! Goodnight Yoonhee ah~

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

To: Kim Myungsoo 

Goodnight Myungsoo ah, see you tomorrow!!

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

 

This is a really short chapter... Next time it will be longer!