Chapter 13

Destiny, My Only Love

Because of the guys always being there, they would always defend Yoonhee and her ideas. Every time Yoonhee would come up with a really good idea for the project, Buyoung would discard without even listening to it first. But the guys would defend Yoonhee’s ideas, and Buyoung would never say no to any of them.

 

The project consisted of three parts. Written and oral part. The information presented would be evaluated, and how well they could talk in front of people.

The creative part. There should be two creativities, one should be a poster, and the other could be anything else, Yoonhee proposed the idea of making a hanging mobile, and L the idea of making a model, after lots of debating, they decided to do both since they knew they would be able to finish it all.

The summary which should be given to each student. This would evaluate how well the students can summarize information, and only get the most important parts. This would be crucial for college exams.

 

After working several days, they were the only group that was almost finished with everything totally perfect amongst the other groups. The information was totally complete, nothing was missing, everyone would research one aspect of coral reefs and they would send it all to Myungsoo for him to perfect it all, and finish adding the details others didn’t.

 

Like mentioned before, Yoonhee was a wiz with art, so she made the poster. She was not totally sure about the information to write into the poster, but Sunggyu would go and help her so that he would be able to spend some time with her dear girlfriend.

 

“Sunggyu, what should I write here, I don’t know how to explain this picture!!” Yoonhee said pouting her lips.

“Uhmm.. well, I am not that good either with posters, if you wanted to, we could call L….” Sunggyu said scratching his head.

“No, he’s already too busy with his part of the project, furthermore, it is not possible that both our minds cannot come up with what Myungsoo shi’s only mind can….”

“Ok, Yoonhee-ah. What do you think about ‘Today, there are 200 species of corals which make the great barrier’?”

“Ok, I think that’s really good, I think that we will soon be finished with the poster,” Yoonhee said flashing Sunggyu a cute smile.

 

Sunggyu soon felt his cheeks growing hot, just that much was how Yoonhee affected him. They spent the entire afternoon finishing the poster, and finally, by 6 they finished with the cutting, pasting, writing, drawing and painting. Really, anyone who saw the poster would have to admit indeed it was really carefully made.

 

It was not perfect, it had some mistakes, but the dedication put into it could be seen. Since there was still a little time before Yoonhee’s omma would call her for dinner, Yoonhee convinced Sunggyu of taking her to the shop nearby so that she could start planning on how to do the hanging mobile.

 

Sunggyu just wanted to spend some time with her girlfriend talking about just anything, but Yoonhee was really excited about starting the mobile, so he just accepted to take her.

 

Yoonhee got really excited when she saw all those materials. Her original idea was getting some malleable wire and use it for the ‘skeleton’ of the mobile, and use colored papers to cover it up and decorate it. But in the shop, she saw a mobile, and when she saw it, she just knew that idea would be perfect for the concept of their project.

 

They wanted not only to show how everything had evolved, but they wanted to show how human actions have been making the coral die and all the organisms living in it. She would still use the wire, but instead of paper, she could use plastic bottles to cover the metal and to decorate. She could also use aluminum cans and she could also use paint to make it more colorful. She bought the wire and on the way home, she called everyone she knew would help.

“Minhee, from now on, save all the plastic bottles and metal cans, please?”

“Ok.. but would you be so kind to explain what it is for?”

“I will explain later, I don’t feel like explaining… bye!”

 

“Hyeryung-ah. From now on, save all the metal cans and plastic bottles for me, please?

“Uhmm.. ok, but would you explain yourself?”

“I don’t feel like explaining, bye and thanks!”

 

“Myungsoo-shi, annyeong, would you save all the plastic bottles and metal cans  you use from now on? It is for the project!”

“Ok, but what would you use it for?”

“Well, remember the mobile I mentioned before? I thought it would be good using wire for the skeleton, and colored papers for the decoration, but what do you think about using plastic bottles and aluminum cans instead, it goes well with the concept of our project!!”

“Yoonhee-shi, that’s a really good idea, I will call the others and tell them to also save them! Bye!”

“Bye.”

 

Sunggyu and Yoonhee got home, just in time. Yoonhee’s omma had finished preparing dinner.

“Sunggyu, would you like to stay for dinner?” Yoonhee asked her boyfriend.

“Ok, just let me call home to tell my omma.”

“Ok, I will go to the kitchen first.”

 

Sunggyu finished the call with her omma, and she accepted for him to stay at Yoonhee’s for dinner, after Sunggyu pleaded for 5 minutes. Sunggyu’s omma had already cook, and she didn’t know what she would do with the extra food.

 

“Mrs. Jang! Your food is really the best!! The first time I met Yoonhee, she was stuffing his mouth with Korean pancakes, and she sort of gave me some for me to try and they were really good, how is it that Yoonhee doesn’t know how to cook?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yah, don’t be like that, that’s bullying…….”Yoonhee said, a cute pout forming on her lips.

“She never learned how to cook, she can make basics, but when it comes to more complicated cooking….. *cough, cough*…… she fails….. I don’t know how to say in a more subtle way, but it is the truth, she must have learned from her appa…. Both of them are so bad cooking…. Thinking about it, I should teach them how to cook one of this days,” Yoonhee’s omma said, “but Sunggyu-ah, how do you know Yoonhee cannot cook? Has she told you, she never tells anyone since she doesn’t like talking about it since she has such a good cook as her omma….”

“Well, it was when I tried cooking wi-“ Sunggyu tried saying but was cut off by Yoonhee.

“Sunggyu, you probably don’t remember well enough, I told you I couldn’t cook, remember, a couple of days ago at school, we’ve never cooked together!” Yoonhee said, starting to panic, her omma didn’t know she had stayed at Hoya’s the other day.

“Oh… it’s true, I forgot… “ Sunggyu said, realizing what Yoonhee was trying to do.

“But Sunggyu-ah, you shouldn’t be talking about my cooking skills when your cooking skills are not that good either….”

“Tell you what… I will have to teach both of you how to cook, we can have these young people all being ignorant about how to prepare a meal. Specially women, they should know how to cook, its basics, Yoonhee I’ve decided for you to start learning how to cook from now on. But I don’t know if I will have the time to teach you, maybe getting someone you know to help?”

*I can call Myungsoo shi to see if he want to help me*

 

Sorry for not updating for so long, sorry for the short update....

Please support by commenting and suscribing!!