Chapter 7

Destiny, My Only Love

Dongwoo and Woohyun quickly drove off in Dongwoo’s blue BMW, Sungyeol, Hyeryung and Minhee drove off in Sungyeol’s green Ferrari. Hoya drove off in his purple Audi, Sunggyu drove in his white Lamborghini. Lastly, Sungjong and Yoonhee got into L’s silver Audi, and he drove off.

 

“Yoonhee noona, you should also try a little of your magic on L hyung! Sometimes I don’t even know if he is actually here with us, or if he is in any other world!!  You should try your magic on him, make him kinder, and more sociable!!” Sungjong exclaimed.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! What are you saying??” L said, starting to lose his patience.

“Nothing hyung, it is just that, well, sometimes I feel you are so distant, and cold, when you are really my favorite hyung, I just want you to be better!!” Sungjong said while beaming a smile to L.

“Sungjong-ah, I know you just know that no matter how much you get in my nerves, I can never really get angry with you, you know that, right? That’s why you are the most annoying when being with me,” L sighed. Suddenly, giggling could be clearly heard.

“I hope you don’t feel I am rude by saying this, but you guys are all such cuties!!” Yoonhee exclaimed. “You always fight over nothing, and then you forgive each other, you help each other, you are really some special and cute guys!!” Yoonhee explained.

“Noona!! You really think so?” Sungjong asked.

“Of course, you are the cutest I’ve ever met in my life!!” Yoonhee cried.

“Really?” L quietly asked, somehow afraid to be heard.

“Of course, believe me, if you were to make a group, or anything similar, you would be a great hit, you would be wonderful, really!!” Yoonhee said.

“Really?!?” now, it was L and Sungjong, getting on top of Yoonhee asking her if they thought that.

“Really, I don’t know about your dance abilities, or singing abilities, but with you looks, charisma and cuteness, there are already signs of being successful!!!!” Yoonhee expressed her thoughts.

“So, should I show you my singing abilities?” Sungjong confidently asked.

“If you wish to…” Yoonhee answered, a little confused. Now, there was a difference, L was paying attention to every single word spoken, Sungjong and Yoonhee could notice that, the looking into the empty space was no more a problem.


Soon, Sungjong started singing TVXQ’s “Mirotic”, his singing voice was quite good, his pitch and intonation were also good. He was singing as a pro, he even started doing some hand gestures, similar to the ones in the dance, and his facial expression were really expressive, and went really well with the song.

“Wah! Sungjong-ah, you are really good at it, if every one of you guys was like that, you would definitely be successful in the music industry!!” Yoonhee cheered.

“Yoonhee-shi, would you mind if I also sing a little something to you?” L asked.

“Of course Myungsoo-shi, I would be pleased to listen,” Yoonhee answered.

 

Soon, L started to sing, strangely enough, it was a drama OST, Found You, sang by JYJ. He was also incredible, his facial expressions, the emotion he was putting into the song, it was really amazing. It could drag people into his singing. It was as if he was trying to make a confession through the song, or singing a song to his loved one. ‘His vocals are a little weak, but the feelings he puts into his singing is just incredible!!’ Yoonhee thought to herself.

 

“Wow!” Yoonhee exclaimed when Myungsoo finished singing, “Myungsoo-shi, the feeling you put into the song is amazing, I felt you were confessing your love to someone!!” Yoonhee cried.

“Maybe he was!!” Sungjong said wriggling his eyebrows. ‘If only you knew….’ L inwardly sighed.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong, stop it, if not, I will really hang you, you are really going over the top today!!” L was “losing his patience” with the maknae.

“Ok, ok hyung, I will stop……” Sungjong said, “at least for today!!” he quickly added.

 

Suddenly, L quickly maneuvered his car and parked it like in the movies, he wouldn’t move, he seemed to be really angry with his dongsaeng.

“Aren’t you getting out?” L asked Sungjong.

“Hyung, hajima! You will not let your dongsaeng walk home alone in the middle of the night, would you?” Sungjong asked, with teary eyes.

“Sungjong-ah, exactly what are you talking about?” L asked.

“Hyung! You’ve suddenly stopped the car in I don’t know where, and now you are asking me to get out, what do you think I am talking about?” Sungjong asked, almost breaking into tears.

“Sungjong-ah, what do you mean, you don’t recognize the front of your own house?” L asked, really confused, and surprised.

“What do you mean the front of my house?” Sungjong asked even more confused than L. That’s when he finally realized they had been in the front of his house all this time, L had forcefully stopped the car, because he almost missed his stop, and he would never let the maknae walk, even a really small distance, alone in the night.

“Oh! Hyung, mianhe! I didn’t realize we had already got here, I really thought you were really angry with me, and that you were making me walk home on my own!!!” Sungjong exclaimed.

“Don’t you know your hyung well enough?” L asked, “have I ever done something eve similar to you? You know I am not Sunggyu…” L said, still surprised.

“Aish, jeongmal mianhe L hyung!!” Sungjong apologized once more, hastily getting out of the car, “BYE L HYUNG, BYE YOONHEE NOONA!! I WILL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!” Sungjong called out, getting into his house just before 11.

 

“So now, Yoonhee-shi, would you tell me in detail exactly where your house is located?” L asked.

“Uhmm…. I just remembered it a couple of seconds ago, but….. I can’t remember any more!!” Yoonhee cried out.

“Bhwo!?!” L yelled out, surprising Yoonhee.

“Myungsoo-shi, I know how to get there, please don’t stress over me, you drive, and I will tell you when you need to turn…” Yoonhee slowly said, feeling really ashamed.

“Ok…” L said, although, he was not as angry as he seemed to be. Yoonhee started giving L the directions he needed to take, and L followed them as best as he could, there were a couple of times when L had to turn around because Yoonhee said she had pointed to the incorrect street, but if it wasn’t because of that, everything went smoothly.

 

After all the turning around, and getting back to certain points, it was already 11:45, when Yoonhee’s phone made a sound, the sound it would make for unknown numbers. She took out her phone, it was a message.

‘NOONA!!! I really had fun with you today!! You saw how L hyung started acting like when it was just the three of us right? I am sure it is because of your magic, please keep doing that, I really prefer this L hyung, not the staring-into-the-empty-space hyung, keep doing whatever you are doing!! If L hyung asks who it was, just tell him it was your omma asking you where you were at!! ^^

Bye noona!!

PS: Just in case you didn’t know who I was, I am Sungjong, I got your phone number from Sunggyu hyung! ^_^ Please don’t think I am a stalker or something like that!!’ Yoonhee could only laugh at what Sungjong sent, he was a caring maknae.

“Who was it?” L asked.

“Oh, nothing, just my omma asking me exactly where I was, and when I would get home…” Yoonhee answered, feeling guilty of lying to such kind person.

“Oh, jeongmal, she should be getting worried, have you already texted her back?” L asked.

“Of course, now go that way and my house should be able to be seen!” Yoonhee cheerfully exclaimed.

“Ok, here we go!!” L cheered.

L started driving, and positively, Yoonhee’s house could be seen. Soon they got there, Yoonhee’s omma was waiting for her daughter to get back, peeking through the window. She saw the car coming from the distance, it was neither Hyeryung’s parents car, or Sunggyu’s, ‘who could that be?’ Yoonhee’s omma asked herself.

 

L drove to the very entrance of the house, when Yoonhee’s omma saw L, she was really surprised, but tried to hide it.

“Yoonhee-ah, go inside now, it is already really late,” Mrs. Jang ordered.

“Deh omma! Myungsoo-shi, komawo for the ride here!!” Yoonhee thanked, and hastily entered the house. “BYE!! MYUNGSOO-SHI, ONCE AGAIN, THANKS FOR YOU PATIENCE!!!!!” she called out as she entered the building.

“It’s nothing,” L murmured, “I was really happy being able to help you…..”

“So now, Myungsoo, now it’s you….” Mrs. Jang sternly said.

“Oh, what do you mean now it’s me?” Myungsoo said, acting innocent.

“Come on, Myungsoo, I clearly remember who you are! Do you think I would forget you so easily?” Mrs. Jang asked.

“Uhmm…. Well, Yoonhee did forget me, totally….” L sadly said.

“Yoonhee’s situation is quiet complicated; I thought you moved to the US!” Mrs. Jang exclaimed.

“Well…… I did went to the US, but after I month, I had to come back for her, my parents decided that Korea would be better for me, so we came back, but when I got to Korea, to our old neighborhood, you were not living there anymore, soon, I met Yoonhee again at the park nearby when walking around, but I decided not to talk to her, since she should really be angry with me for what I did, now, she doesn’t remember me….” Myungsoo explained.

“With time, you will understand, now go home, and drive safely, it’s already really late, and if I remember correctly, your house is far from here!” Mrs. Jang said.

“Ok, I should get going…” L quietly said, slowly walking away from the house, the one he wouldn’t want to get too far from. Soon, he had already driven off.

“Oh, my daughter, what problems have you gotten into?” Mrs. Jang said aloud, asking herself what would happen to this trio.