Chapter 5

Destiny, My Only Love

“Mianhe!! Nul Kenchana?” the guys with the eyes asked Yoonhee.

“Eo! Kenchana, kenchan… No need to be sorry, it was an accident…” Yoonhee said, still trying to come back to her senses. Soon, she started to walk towards Sunggyu, and Sungyeol, who were waiting right beside the food court with their other friends, by then, the guy had already left.  Soon, Yoonhee saw the guy with the eyes again, right beside Sunggyu, talking with him.

 

“Hyeryung-ah, do you know who’s that guy?” Yoonhee asked her friend, pointing the eyes’ guy.

“Oh, that? He’s Myungsoo, he is Sungyeol’s best friend. You can also call him L,” Hyeryung explained.

‘So that’s who you are….’ Yoonhee thought to herself, “I’ve finally find the identity of the eyes!” she accidentally blurted out.

 

Hyeryung started to stare at her friend, who now she thought was slightly off her rockers.

“What are you saying?!?” Hyeryung asked, a little worried.

“Oh…. Mianhe, just speaking my thoughts out loud… sorry…” Yoonhee excused herself.

“Ok….. If you say so…” Hyeryung was still a little worried, but as soon as she saw Sungyeol, all her worries disappeared.  “Yeobbeo!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyeryung called out.

“Ohhhhh!!!!!!!! Hyeryung-ie!!!!!!!!!!” Sungyeol called out. They ran to each other, just like in a romantic scene in movie, and hugged. Yoonhee was really envious of her friend, she had the confidence in herself to do that. Yoonhee would never be able to do that.

“Annyeong…” Yoonhee shyly greeted Sunggyu, all the confidence she had the day before had totally disappeared.

“Yoonhee-shi, annyeong….” Sunggyu greeted Yoonhee in the same way. “I will introduce my friends to you,” Sunggyu stated.

“Yah! Children!! I will introduce you to my new girlfriend!!” Sunggyu said, beaming with happiness. L also turned around, with a sad smile on his face. “She is Jang Yoonhee, Hyeyung’s friend,” Sunggyu introduced. “Annyeong-haseyo!!” Yoonhee greeted.

“Oh, she’s gotten the same last name as me!!” someone exclaimed.

“Annyeong-haseyo!” the guys happily greeted, except for one of them, he was looking into the distant, the eyes.

“Well, you already know Sungyeol. Ok, the one that is similar to a woman is Lee Sungjong, amongst us, he is the maknae. The one with the face similar to a dinosaur, he is Jang Dongwoo,” Sunggyu explained.

“Oh, you are the one with the same last name as me….” Yoonhee said.

“You heard…..” he said while having a shy smile on his face.

‘Cute!!’ Yoonhee thought.

“I will continue,” Sunggyu said, “the one trying to practice his aegyo is Nam Woohyun, the one with the purple earphones, the purple shirt, the purple pants and the purple shoes is Lee Howon, you can call him Hoya. The one in the corner, looking into the empty space is Kim Myungsoo, also known as L,” Sunggyu finished explaining.

“Oh! Nice to meet you!” Yoonhee cheerfully said.

“Wow!! Hyung! Your girlfriend is so cute!” Sungjong said, “I must ask, how old are you?”

“Yah! That’s not something you ask women you meet for the first time!!” Woohyun scolded his the poor maknae.

“Don’t worry, I believe Sunggyu asked the same thing the first time we met, I don’t mind at all. Sungjong-shi, I am 15, and I will be 16 in a couple of weeks,” Yoonhee kindly answered.

“Oh, so you are my noona, I just turned 15 a couple of days ago,” Sungjong explained, “so you don’t need to be so formal and call me Sungjong-SHI, I will call you Yoonhee noona, or noona, and you will just call me Sungjong!!” Sungjong proposed.

“I like the idea,” Yoonhee said.

“The rest of us are older that you, we are already 17, so if you want to, you can call us oppa, there’s no problem!” Hoya suggested.

“Hmmmm….. That I will have to think about, I don’t like calling the guys I just met oppa, I don’t feel comfortable , I don’t know, maybe it is just the way they’ve taught me… Mianhe, I hope you don’t feel offended….” Yoonhee quietly said, she felt that rejecting Hoya’s offer was really rude, but she didn’t feel comfortable calling them oppa, not yet.

“Don’t feel burdened Yoonhee-shi, it was just for us to feel more comfortable with each other, if you don’t feel like it, it doesn’t matter!!” Dongwoo cheerfully said.

“Thanks,” Yoonhee said, a little relieved, “but what you said is true, we should try to feel more comfortable with each other, how could we call each other instead of shi?? Well, since I am younger than you, you can call me by my name, but how can I call you?” Yoonhee asked herself, with a puzzled face.

‘She’s so cute when she is like that!’ Sunggyu thought to himself.

“Then just call us by our name, I don’t think they will mind,” Sunggyu said.

“Oh! How didn’t I think of that?” Woohyun asked himself, mentally facepalming himself.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Yoonhee asked, still unsure.

“Of course!” all of them called out at the same time, except for someone, who seemed to still be staring into the empty space.

“Myungsoo-shi, do you mind if I call you by your name?” Yoonhee asked.

“Eo, eo, do as you wish…..” Myungsoo said, still not paying attention to what was happening in his surroundings.

“Eo, ok…..” Yoonhee said, still not sure if he had actually listened to the question.

“Now, let’s stop with the whole lot of introductions, I think that all of you already met Minhee before, right? When I was pra- I mean, when I was at the doctor,” Sunggyu said.

“Ehhmmm… hyung we haven’t met Minhee before, I think you are a little confused,” Sungjong said.

“Jeongmal?!? Oh, Minhee-shi mianhe!! I think there was a slight confusion, jinja mianhe!!!!” Sunggyu started bowing to Minhee.

“Sunggyu-shi, don’t worry, I already know who they are, when you introduced them to Yoonhee don’t worry, and I am sure that you all already know my name,” Yoonhee said with a smile on her face although her eyes showed other thing. Although no one noticed, except for the one staring into the empty space.

“Minhee-shi, nul kenchana?” L asked.

“Uhhh?? Of course, nan kenchana…” Minhee slowly said.

‘How did he know?’ Minhee asked herself.

 

After that, they stopped all the talking, and started playing. The girls would compete with each other, and the guys would do the same. Once the game started, L recovered his senses. He started making strikes, it was incredible, eventually, when the game finished, he came first. Second place was Woohyun, and third, anyone could believe it, maknae Sungjong was actually quite an ace at bowling. Sunggyu got fourth, Hoya fifth, Dongwoo sixth, and finally came Sungyeol, last.

 

In the girls competition, Hyeryung came first, different from Sungyeol, she was quite good at bowling, second came Minhee, which was also quite good playing, she lost to Hyeryung just by 2 points. Lastly came our dear Yoonhee, she at bowling, at this time, she even started asking herself why she had come, but overall, she did have lots of fun. The time came to eat, and when asking who was going to invite the food, two hands shoot straight up.

 

Among the guys, they would always have problems deciding who would be the one inviting the food, so L started inviting every time, for the exeption when once in a while others would want to, but it was usually L, so he continued doing that, that day, but he was really surprised when he saw that Yoonhee’s hand up.

“Oh… Yoonhee-shi, I will pay, don’t worry…”L slowly said.

“Myungsoo-shi, I will pay, I feel like I need to pay after you invited me to come with you,” Yoonhee explained.

“Men should pay Yoonhee-shi, now sit down…” L ordered.

“You invited me here, so it should be me, Myungsoo-shi,” Yoonhee insisted.

“Yah! What’s with the formalities,” Dongwoo yelled from behind. They hadn’t realized they were talking to each other like that.

“Ok, cant you just pay half and half, I am starving here!!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“Eish!! Ok…” L and Yoonhee called out at the same time. So they started walking towards the small food court. Ever since they started playing, Yoonhee didn’t talk much with L, but she had been dying to ask him if they had met before, those charming eyes are not something you forget after you see them once.

 

“Myungsoo-shi, have we met before?” Yoonhee slowly asked.

“Ah?” L asked, apparently not paying attention to the question recently asked.

“Oh, it was nothing…” Yoonhee said, not wanting to keep bothering L.

“Eish! Yoonhee-shi, we forgot to ask them what they wanted!!” L suddenly exclaimed.

“Oh, you are right,” Yoonhee said, realizing they didn’t since Sungyeol had literally pushed them out of their sits, since he was just dying because of hunger.

“Aish! Everything is that Sungyeol’s fault…” L said.

“We just need to wal-“ Yoonhee started saying, but was not allowed to finish talking.

“I am not walking back, they pushed us out, we will just buy a slice of pizza and a medium ice tea for each, no need to think so much over it…” Myungsoo explained. He was always in this kind of situation, so he would just buy the same thing for each of them.

 

After buying the food, and waiting for it to be given to them, Yoonhee and L discovered they didn’t have enough hands to take the whole thing at the same time, 10 cups and 10 slices of pizza. So they took 2 trays, one for the cups, and other one for the pizzas.

 

 L volunteered to take the Drinks since they were heavier, and Yoonhee took the Pizzas. They didn’t think of asking for a whole pizza, so now they were stuck with the 10 individual slices. They started walking back to the place the others were at, but there was some juice spilled on the floor……

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoonhee stepped on the juice and slipped, L was walking just behind her, and he actually caught her just before her head bumped against the floor.