Chapter 15

Destiny, My Only Love

*EISH! Why did she have to open the entire door, she could have just opened part of the door. Now, that image will stay stick into my head….. EISH! Jang Yoonhee, why are you like this!!* L thought to himself after seeing Yoonhee in only a towel. After giving the clothes to Yoonhee, he had gone back into his room, cheeks burning up. He was still immersed in his slightly erted thought when Yoonhee appeared at the door of his room. She was wearing the cute pajamas L’s omma gave her.

“Mianhe for that… I just realized that I could have only opened part of the door…” Yoonhee apologized.

“YES! How come you decide to open the entire door when you were only in the towel?!!?” L raged.

“Mianhe….. No need to scream that loudly, it was a mistake, and nothing happened…” Yoonhee said while a pout formed on her lips, “furthermore… I WAS NOT ONLY IN A TOWEL, I am not that thoughtless as many would think.”

“You were not only in a towel, what else were you in, an invisible dress?” L sarcastically asked.

“Uhmm… well, just know I did have other clothes on…. BYE! I am going to do homework,” Yoonhee quickly replied closing the door behind her. “Eish, I even said sorry for such small mistake, why is he so bothered?” Yoonhee asked herself.

 

Yoonhee went into her room and started giving a last review to the presentation for tomorrow. And started doing her homework for the next week, a newspaper report on why coastal erosion is a problem on the cliffs of the coasts of Korea.

“Eish! But why are the people getting so worried about the cliffs being eroded!! I DON’T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!” Yoonhee unconsciously shouted out loud.

 

Suddenly Myungsoo appeared at Yoonhee’s room, he had he was not flustered anymore, he felt like bothering dear Yoonhee for a little for what she said last, and because of the image it drew in his mind.

“Hmm… My dear Yoonhee shi doesn’t understand? Do you need help?” L teasingly asked.

“Andue, I don’t need your help if you are going to tease me like that!” Yoonhee humped.

“Are you sure Yoonhee shi, You don’t seem to know what you are actually supposed to do now. You don’t even know what you are supposed to write about, or its causes. Do you?” L teasingly asked once again.

“Yah, don’t bully me,” Yoonhee said while cutely pouting her lips.

“How can you call this bullying, I am sincerely wanting to help my dear friend Yoonhee shi,” L said once again.

Yoonhee heartily laughed. “Ahh, yeah right, how I believe you… If you really came here to help, you would be sitting beside me, and already trying to formulate a way to explain it all, you are here to plainly bother me,” Yoonhee explained, “come on, after all those times with you helping me study, how is it possible not to know how you behave when you really to concentrate?” Yoonhee asked.

“Wow, our dear Yoonhee shi really does care for me, she even checks me out when we are studying~” Myungsoo said chuckling a little at the end of the sentence, still trying to tease Yoonhee, probably trying to forget the image she made on his mind.

“Yah, Myungsoo shi, please…. Stop it…..” Yoonhee said in a reproachful tone.

“Ani, shiro… Do you like me Yoonhee shi? Why are you so flustered anyway.”

“Yah, I don’t like you, I like Sunggyu, stop it…. If only Sunggyu was here,” Yoonhee wished, she screamed this last part, and somehow, it really hurt Myungsoo, and he stopped what he was saying, and immediately went back to his own room.

 

Before going out he said, “dinner will soon be ready, don’t get too caught up with that piece of work because you will lose it when having a break, eoh? But don’t get too caught up texting with your Sunggyu oppa cause you will lose all the attention you have left, eoh?”

 

“And now what? Why is he acting so strange,” Yoonhee asked herself, she continued working, or at least trying to work til an idea popped up in her head. *Could it be he got jealous because I said I wanted Sunggyu to be here?*

She kept thinking about it for a while but soon forgot it since it was really little possible, she probably meant nothing to him, just another friend… Maybe also student-teacher relations but nothing else.

On the other hand: “Eish, we were having so much time together, messing around, why did she have to mention Sunggyu hyung….. Does she really love him so much to be thinking about him every single second of the day?” L asked himself.

 

Soon, they heard Myungsoo’s omma calling them both down for dinner. L and Yoonhee encountered each other again when they went out their respective rooms. They just decided to ignore each other.  They hurried down the stairs and settles on their respective sits.

 

“And now what happened with you two?” Mrs. Kim asked her son and the girl sitting in front of him, “just now when I went upstairs to call Myungsoo to come help me, you were fooling around and laughing about each other, because of that I decided to do the work myself. And now, are you having a couple’s fight?”

The first to react to this was Yoonhee. “What couple, we are not couple Mrs. Kim,” Yoonhee hurriedly said. While other thought were going through L’s mind: *If only we were couple… If only I had met her first… If only I didn’t have that photo shoot that day….*

“Isn’t it Myungsoo shi, we aren’t couple!” Yoonhee said once again.

“Oh, Yoonhee shi, don’t you want to be my sweet girlfriend?” L asked in a joking way, although no one would have ever know he couldn’t have been more serious about what he was saying.

“BHWO?!” Yoonhee suddenly asked out loud.

“What Yoonhee ah, don’t you think my dear son is enough for you?” Mrs. Kim continued with what Myungsoo said so that the tense environment around them would disappear.

“That was not what I meat Mrs. Kim… It i-is j-just…..” Yoonhee stuttered.

“See omma? She likes me, if she didn’t like me, she wouldn’t be that flustered about a small joke,” L defended.

“Are you going to continue saying that I like you, Myungsoo shi?” Yoonhee asked, already losing her patience, but at the same time, somehow enjoying this, how they would fool around with each other, she liked it.

“Deh, I am going to keep saying it until the day I die, because I know I am right, you might be dating Sunggyu, but in reality you are head over heels for me, righ?”  L confidently said.

“Hahaha, as if. You might be really kind and everything, and you always help and are there to help me, but you are not half gentlemen compared to Sunggyu,” Yoonhee humphed.

“Ah, and why is that?” L asked, inching his face through the table and closer to Yoonhee face.

“Well that because…” Yoonhee started, but as soon as her eyes connected with Myungsoo’s, shee was out of words, “well…. You see, that’s because….. well….”

“See, you can’t even give me reasons, you are being unreasonable!” Myungsoo said pouting his lips cutely and reproachful.

Just when Yoonhee was going to try to answer again with L’s eyes fixed on hers, Mrs. Kim came to the rescue. “Yah, Myungsoo ah, stop harassing poor Yoonhee and let her eat something,” she said, giving her son a fierce stare, “here you have Yoonhee ah, have some of this, Myungsoo has told me  that egg roll is your favorite side dish… Mani mogo, eoh?”

“Deh, komawoyo!” Yoonhee beamed a smile to Mrs. Kim for giving her the egg roll she liked so much, although it was a little strange for L to have told her, suddenly noticed something neither L nor Sunmi had noticed. “But Mrs. Kim, why are we eating without Mr. Kim?” She asked.

“Oh, Yoonhee, you are such well raised girl, even noticed it when his own children didn’t notice. Well, he is dentist, and he had a small emergency at the surgery room, so he had to stay in the clinic till late, he is probably coming by 2 in the morning, don’t worry about him and eat, this is something common in our household,” Mrs. Kim explained.

“Oh, ok.”

 

They finished eating, and Yoonhee politely complimented Mrs. Kim because of her wonderful cooking. House could almost say it was better than her own omma’s. Then, Mrs. Kim mentioned Yoonhee’s outfit.

“Hmm, I see it did fit really well, right? That’s really good. You look really cute in that Yoonhee ah, doesn’t she Myungsoo ah?” Yoonhee’s omma asked her son.

“Yah, omma! Why do you ask me that?” L asked, “I don’t know about fashion,” L protested.

“Hey! You don’t need to know about fashion to be able to answer my question. It’s easy, do you think she looks cute in that yes or no?” Mrs. Kim insisted.

“I don’t want to answer that question, I have the right to silence,” L reasoned.

“Myungsoo shi, don’t you like how I look in this? I thought this outfit was really pretty,” Yoonhee cutely said, a bit of disappointment in her voice.

“Aniya, aniya, you look really, really, really good in it... Well, not good but pretty…. Well, not pretty but beautiful… Ani, ani ani, not beautiful…. Eish, just forget it, I didn’t say anything,” L finally said, but Yoonhee didn’t care, he had said it, she looked good, pretty and beautiful. He had said it, and somehow that made her feel happy. She lightly laughed at Myungsoo’s clumsiness. Myungsoo had already disappeared into his own room.

“Komawoyo, Mrs. Kim for letting me stay for the night. Good night!” Yoonhee said, and also went into her room. Yoonhee got her things ready to be able to get organized easily the next day, and decided to send a text to her teacher next room.

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

I hope you have a good night. Don’t be angry. Thanks for everything. Good night!! ^^

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

L soon saw the messege, and smiled to himself.

 

To: Jang Yoonhee

Ok, let’s forget all the fights today. Call?

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

Yoonhee saw the message and immediately answered to it.

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Ok, call. Good night, sleep well. SWA! Everything will be forgotten by tomorrow!

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

To: Jang Yoonhee

Ok, you also sleep well!! Oh, and omma told me to take you to school tomorrow, so that Sunggyu hyung doesn’t have to come all the way here, arraso?

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Arraso, I will call Sunggyu tomorrow. Now, I really need to go to sleep, bye!

From: Jang Yoonhee

 

To: Jang Yoonhee

Arraso. Go to sleep. Annyeong.

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

Both of them had smiles drawn on their faces. Texting with someone just next door. That’s how their relationship was. They didn’t accept it, but they were in bliss when being with each other, it just felt correct.

 

The next morning, the first thing Yoonhee did was going to wash up early in the morning so  that she had enough time to arrange the clothes that were lent to her, and go and search for the uniform, put it on. Also, she had to go and call Sunggyu to tell him she had spent the night at Myungsoo’s house, and explains it all to him. By the time Myungsoo started waking, she was ready and set to go to school.

 

She had left the room just as she had encountered it, and then went downstairs, to the kitchen where Mrs. Kim was making breakfast for her family.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kim, hasn’t Mr. Kim gotten up yet?” Yoonhee asked.

“Uhmm.. Mr. Kim got home yesterday 2 in the morning, and then went out again today early at 6. He’s gotten so many patients at the clinic that he’s been so busy this days,” Mrs. Kim explained.

“Ohh… and by the way, why haven’t I seen photos of Mr. Kim whenever I come? It is really strange, so much time since the first time I met Myungsoo shi and came into this house, but I don’t even know how Mr. Kim looks like…” Yoonhee thought.

“Hmm… well, Mr. Kim doesn’t like taking photos of himself that much, and when he does, he doesn’t like others seeing them. He has told me that when other people come into the house, I should take the photos down,” Mrs. Kim said.

 

Yoonhee stayed watching Mrs. Kim cook. She looked just like Myungsoo when she was cooking. She calculated everything, and there was this frown that would never leave her face.

“And Yoonhee ah, have you already called Sunggyu for him not to go to your house?” Mrs. Kim asked Yoonhee.

“Oh, yeah. When I called earlier today, Sunggyu hadn’t woken yet, I’ve got to call him now.” Yoonhee told herself.

 

Yoonhee immediately called Sunggyu, and finally he answered his phone.

“Annyeong Sunggyu ah, uhmm, today you don’t have to go get me, I am not in my house,” Yoonhee announced through the phone.

“Oh, really, just tell me where you are and I will give you a lift,” Sunggyu kindly said.

“Ani, it’s not necessary, I stayed the night at Myungsoo’s, he will take me there so you don’t have to come all the way here from your house, ok?” Yoonhee confirmed that her boyfriend had understood her instructions.

“Oh, are you sure, I could always go get you, if you feel awkward around L, you know,” Sunggyu said.

“Ani, kenchana. Just go your way, Myungsoo shi will take mi, don’t want to complicate things for you.”

“Ok…. But exactly why did stayed the night at L’s? Why didn’t you go home? Something came up?” Sunggyu worriedly asked.

“Ani, my halmeoni needed to go to the hospital, and she lives at the country side, so my parents had to go all the way there, and I didn’t have a key, so Myungsoo was kind enough to offer me his place to stay at,” Yoonhee explained.

 

At this moment, Myungsoo was walking down the stairs, and heard Yoonhee explaining the whole situation to Sunggyu.

“So you are explaining it all to him. Ok, have you already told him I am taking you to school?” L asked.

Yoonhee just moved her head up and down, signaling that she had already done so since she was still on the call with Sunggyu. After 5 minutes of constant talking, she finally hang her phone.

 

“Soo, what where you talking about with Sunggyu?” L asked Yoonhee.

“Oh, anything important, he was telling me how I should get too comfy with you around since I didn’t know you as he does, and that I should be careful when being around you and that I should be wary about how you look at me, if it is a hungry look, then I should just escape…. He is so paranoiac!” Yoonhee exclaimed, “is not like you were going to eat me up….”

 

Yoonhee and L finished eating the food Myungsoo’s omma gave them and Yoonhee quickly went out the house to where L’s car was parked, L stayed in for a little while since he said that he had left his maths notebook.

“Komawoyo omma, luckily Yoonhee didn’t meet appa today, I am still not ready. Thanks for everything, bye!” Myungsoo said running out of the house.