Face Off

Daddy Hunting

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I got surprise when Yuri-oppa suddenly showed up. Amber's family welcomed him warmly and treated them as their special guest too.I think Amber invited him to join the Jung and Liu's family dinner together. I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that they are up to something. As the days passed by, I feel more anxious and worried. I don't know how I will react and my parents too once we meet again. I'm afraid to know what will be their reactions once Aunt Mei will explain to them my real condition that time. What if, they still don't want to accept me? I don't want to go through that pain again.

 

"Princess, what are you thinking?"Amber asked me which snapped me out of my thought. We are currently having our lunch together in one restuarant.

 

"Nothing." I said to him with a faint smile. He raise his brows and I can see that he didn't believe me.

 

"Liar."he replied.  "Are you worried about tomorrow's dinner?" he asked me curiously.

 

"Yeah."I sighed and lower my head.

 

"Don't worry Krys, I know everything will go well tomorrow."He said to me with assurance and smile. I smiled back at him. "You know, I am the one who should feel really worry here."He scoffed.

 

"Why?" I asked him with furrowed brows.

 

"Well, I will be asking their approval and blessing in our marriage. I need to get those from them so we can live happily forever."he replied with a playful smile.

 

"Even if you are a dork, conceited, stupid looking and has a Llama face, I think they like you."I said to him and giggled.

 

"I'm having a confuse feelings right now. I don't know if I should be happy or feel insulted on that statement of yours."he said to me.

 

I laugh at him because his confused face is making him really looked like stupid. 

 

"Hmmm, it a combination of both."I answered and laugh.

 

"No matter what you say to me, my feelings for you won't change. I will still love you."He said to me and grinned.

 

"Dork." mumbled and my face starts to feels warm. I slap his hand when he burst into laughter. "Yah! Shut up!"I yelled at him.

 

AMBER's POV

 

Tonight will be the night of our face off. I and Yuri's face off with Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I start to feel nervous seeing Yuri's nervous face. He is restless the whole day.I think me, Yuri and Krystal are the only persons who are feels worried and nervous tonight. The rest of them are excited. I am not sure with my Dad and Aunt though. We will meet them in one fancy restaurant. All of them went ahead of Yuri and me.

 

"Amber, are you sure about that plan?"Yuri asked me sounding worried.

 

"Of course. I'm sure it will work. Trust me." I reassured him with a grin.

 

"I hope everything will go well tonight."he sighed.

 

"Yeah."I answered.

 

After we had prepare ourself physically, mentally and emotionally, we head to the restaurant. We both took a deep breathe before we walk inside. I can feel the gloomy atmoshpere and smells drama in the air. I look around and spotted them.Krystal is crying while Jessica and I think her Mom is hugging her. It's okay to have a dramatic scene here now because this place was reserved for us now. We slowly walked towards them. We bowed to them to greet them politely. The female Jung's wiped their tears away.  I notice that Mr. Jung gives Yuri a disapproving look while looking at my friend. I feel happy when I heard that Krystal  had finally appeased with her mother. The old man Jung is really stone hearted, I guess. Even though he already knew everything, he still didn't accept Krystal in their family. I held Krystal's hand under the table and lightly squeezed it. She turn her head towards me and our eyes met. I smiled at her and she smiled back faintly.

 

"Umma, I will marry Krystal and not Jessica." I said to Mrs. Jung with a smile. "Can I ask for your blessing?" I said to her.

 

Maybe I am too straight forward because she looked at me with surprised expression. She then look at her husband who only putting on a cold blank expression. Even I find it hard to read what's on his mind.

 

"You have my blessing,son."she said to me and smiled gracefully.

 

"Uhm, Appa." I started awkwardly. "Can I ask your blessing too?"I asked him.

 

"You don't really need to ask neither of our blessings. She is no longer part of our family. You can marry her if you want. We will choose much better man to marry Jessica."he replied coldy.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see that Krystal got hurt and saddened by her father's statement. I squeezed her hand to tell her that it's okay. I stomp Yuri's foot to signaled him that it is already his turn to talk. He is just sitting on my side, in front of Jessica. I think he chickened out because he just keep his mouth shut.

 

"Why not just let your daughter choose the man she wants to marry?" My Dad asked Mr. Jung.

 

"The man she wants to marry is not worthy for her, Liu."Mr. Jung answered while looking at Yuri intently.

 

"What are you talking about?"Mom asked him curiously.

 

"She choose this player over your son."Mr. Jung said with stern voice while pointing at Yuri.

 

Tsk! No wonder Mr. Jung didn't approve him to be with Jessica. They knew his history. Well, I think a guy can't be serious to another girl if there is already someone who already occupied his heart.

 

"Appa."Jessica called him which shifted our attention at her. "I'm pregnant."she continued.

 

I witnessed how Mr. Jung's eyes widened as well as Mrs. Jung. I hear gasp and Yuri got surprised too.

 

"S-Sica, w-what are you talking about?" Mrs. Jung asked her stuttering a bit.

 

"I'm carrying Kwon Yuri's baby right now."she answered while rubbing her belly with a gentle smile.

 

The atmosphere drop and I can see dark aura radiating around Mr. Jung. Yuri got up from his sit and bow to Jessica's parents in 90 degrees.

 

"Please, let me marry your daughter! I promise I will love her and give her a better life."he said to them.

 

"Jung, Yuri is a good man. He may had been gone astray like Amber during his younger years but now, I know he already had changed." Mom said to him.

 

Yuri still didn't change his position. Mr. Jung clenched his fist then slowly loosen it. Mrs. Jung let out a deep sigh and massage her forehead. I think she got stressed out.

 

"I think we can't do anything about it."Mr. Jung said as he got up from his seat. "We will take our leave now."he said to us and then looked at Jessica. "Do whatever you want. Your old enough now and you can be on your own. But don't blame us when this man will hurt you later on."he continued and left with Mrs. Jung.

 

Well, I think he finally decided to give his daughters their real happiness. Even if it is vagued, I can still see it that he only wants his daughters to be happy this time. Yap, his daughters because Krystal's happiness is included.