Beyond Lucky

Daddy Hunting

AMBER's POV

 

I let out a very deep sigh once I got back inside my room. I carefully lie beside my son to avoid waking him up. It draws a smile on my face seeing his innocent angelic face sleeping peacefully beside me. Krystal is with my sister, maybe they are having a 'girl bonding' now. I stared blankly at the ceiling, thinking about the possible things that will happen about Krystal and her parents' meeting. My attention is shifted to Yunjin when he moved then slowly open his eyes.

 

"Appa."he mumbled and slowly got up. He then rub his eyes then yawned.

 

"Hey bud."I greeted him with a smile and he smiled back. He roam his eyes around the room then looked at me with furrowed brows.

 

"Where are we,Appa?"he asked curiously.

 

"We are in my parents house right now."I answered him as I got up, sat on the bed just like him. "And we are in my old room, specifically." I continued and his eyes lighten up.

 

He got off from the bed and scan every corner of my room. I just watch him move from one side into the other.. He is lloking in everything , getting fascinated. There is really nothing cool stuff to see in here right now. I scoffed when I saw his expression. He got surprised when I suddenly lift him up and carried him.

 

"Appa! Put me down!"he whined and struggled to break free from me.

 

"Eh? But everyone is already waiting for you, buddy."I said to him and he stop struggling. "Your great and grandparents are all downstairs and your one Aunt."I continued.

 

He keep silent and hang his head low. I think he suddenly got nervous and shy because of what I've said.

 

"Don' worry buddy, they will love you."I reassured him with a smile. He lifted his head and meet my eyes.

 

"Really, Appa?"he asked me with expectant eyes.

 

"Yeah. I'm sure of it. You are a Liu, so they will surely love you. Besides, they love your Umma too so it's impossible for them not to love you."I stated. A bright smile was then drawn to his face.

 

"Put me down, Appa. I want to walk going downstairs."he said to me with brave tone of voice.

 

"Alright."I answered and chuckled. I put him down and head to the door. Yunjin got out first before me.

 

He is walking beside me with a big smile on his face. I think he is excited to meet our kin. While we are going downstairs, I can hear my parents discussing about business with Vic's parents and the old coulple. When we reach the foot of the stairs, Yunjin slow his pace. The couples attention were shifted to us, cutting their conversation. I can see that my Mom is shifting her head side by side just to see my son who is hiding behind me.

 

"Hey bud, your grandma wants to see you. You should at least greet them with your cool smile." I said to him as I pat his shoulder.

 

Yunjin looked at me with worried eyes. I smile at him and he smiled back faintly. He slowly walk in front of me shyly and bow her head to them. He greeted them in Korean which made my great grand and parents to furrowed their brows. They really don't understand Korean. Mom got up from her seat and walk over to us.

 

"Saranghae."Mom said to Yunjin with a lovely smile and kiss him. I think this is the only word in Korean that my mom knows.

 

"Saranghae, Halmoni."Yunjin replied with a big smile on his face and hug her. I laugh a bit when I saw my Mom got a little bit surprise by my son's sudden action.

 

I think, because of how Mom welcomed him, his worries disappear. Mom carried him and they just ignore me. All of their attention are focus to my son and I decided to walk out. I think my presence isn't needed there.I look for Jie. I asked him to take me into my apartment. I miss my car so much and I wanted to drive it again. We always talk in Chinese because it is the language that he is comfortable to use.

 

"Yiyun. I thought you girlfriend is a cold type of person and snobbish."Jie said to me when we are on our way to our apartment.

 

"Really?"I asked him in disbelief and he nodded his head. "Pfft! I think it's because of her sharp eyes." I scoffed.

 

"Yeah. But she looks more beautiful everytime she smiles. How did someone like you make someone like her fall in love?"he replied.

 

"I don't know. I just show to her that I love her and she responds to it in the same way."I replied with a smirk.

 

"You are lucky then." Jie scoffed.

 

"I'm beyond lucky, Jie."I answered and laugh.

 

My attention was shifted to my phone when it vibrates. I look at the screen to check who is calling and it is just Yuri. I excuse myself from Jie and answer Yuri's call.

 

"Yul."

 

"Am."

 

"What's up?"

 

I furrowed my brows when all I heard is silence on the other line.

 

"Hey, you still alive?" I scoffed.

 

"Yeah."he answered weakly and I hear his sigh.

 

"What's wrong, bro?"I asked him curiously.

 

"Jessica.."

 

"Jessica?" I questioned getting anxious.

 

"Jessica's parents told us that they won't approve us to be together."Yuri said to me with sadness in his voice.

 

I know that Yuri had been waiting for Sica in San Francisco. He planned to surprised her at the airport with a proposal. I think Jessica accepted it. I don't understand why their parents is against on their relationship. Did they really want me and her to get married? But I already have Krystal and I won't allow anybody to separate us, even my own family. Maybe, I will share some of my luck to him.

 

"Yul, come here to L.A. Let's think of a new plan. Besides it's a good progress that Jessica now is your fiancee." I cheered him.