Proposal

Daddy Hunting

AMBER's POV

 

I feel annoyed when someone is poking my cheek while I'm sleeping. I am having a good dream and this person is disturbing me. I groaned in annoyance and when he or she didn't stop, I grab her hand. I slowly open my eyes to see who this person is and I saw Krystal's face. She looked surprise of what I did. We stare at each other for a moment and when I realize that I am holding her hand, I quickly let go and break our eye contact. I think I fell asleep while I was waiting for her.

 

"Uhm, did you just got home?" I asked her without looking at her.

 

"Y-Yeah." she answered.I slowly stand up and stretch my body.

 

"Have you eaten already?" I asked her as I look at her.

 

"Yeah, I had my dinner in our office."she replied to me.

 

"Good."I replied briefly.

 

"Uhm, why did you sleep here? Your body will sore if you sleep in the couch, you know."she stated.

 

"Ah, I think I just fell asleep while watching the TV."I lied to her.

 

I don't want to bring an awkward atmosphere when I will tell her that I was waiting for her. I mean, what will she think if I tell her that. I notice that she seems happy tonight. Her mood is different now. I think asking her why she cried last night will bring down the atmosphere so I decided to shut my mouth.

 

"Uhm, next time, you can call me to pick you up at your workplace especially if you will be coming home this late. You got my number, right?"I said to her.

 

"I don't have your number."she replied while looking away. I feel like we are newly in love teenagers.

 

"Give me your phone." I demanded. She grab her phone from her bag and give it to me. I dial my number then save it. "I can't believe that we don't have each other's number." I added and scoffed.

 

"You didn't bother to asked me for it."she replied and scoffed after I give back her phone.

 

"Oh yeah."I answered and chuckled.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I feel a little disappointed because I think he didn't remember what he just said to me. I hope he will say those words to me again. The next morning, I woke up early to prepare our breakfast but to my surprise, Amber is already making some waffles and pancakes. I didn't expect that he will wake up this early today.

 

"Good morning."he greeted me with his dorky smile.

 

"Morning."I replied as I sat down on the chair in the table. "I didn't expect that you will wake up this early." I continued.

 

"Me either."he respond and laugh.

 

I just watch him until he finish what he is doing. He serve me a plate of pancakes and waffles. We eat our breakfast together, talking some random stuffs. Looking at him made me wonder what it will be like if we are a married couple. I think I will be happy having a husband like him. I'm sure that he is a perfect husband as well as a perfect father too. I can't help myself but to smile of these thoughts.

 

"Hey, what are you thinking?"he asked me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"Nothing."I answered to him and focus my attention back to my food.

 

"Really? So you just smile for nothing?"he stated while raising his brows. "Hmmm, that's new."he added and chuckled.

 

"Shut up, Liu!" I said to him as I rolled my eyes.

 

"Make me, Jung."he replied with a smirk on his face.

 

"I don't have any duct tape with me so you are lucky because I can't tape your mouth."I said to him and laugh.

 

"There are many other ways to shut up people, Princess."he said as he lean back on his chair.

 

"Well, duct taping the mouth is my way of shutting up people, Liu."I retorted.

 

"Scary Ice Princess."he replied and laugh.

 

Our conversation was cut when his phone buzzed. He excuse himself and I watch him get up and went into the corner of the room. I think one of his family member is the one who is calling him because he is talking in English. I look at him when I notice that he is raising the tone of his voice like they are having some sort of argument, He sighed before he ended the call. I don't really fully understand what they were talking about because I can't understand english well.

 

"Stupid parents." I heard him mumbled in English with an annoyed tone of voice when he sat back on his chair.

 

"Are you cursing your parents?" I asked him. 

 

"Yeah, they want me to go back to America to meet my Dad's business partner's daughter. They want me to marry her. Seriously, who are they to decide who am I going to marry?"he complained. " I won't accept it!"

 

"Maybe they want you to settle down and be a responsible man."I said to him.

 

"I will get there someday Krystal, in my own will."he replied. "Aish!"he exclaimed and then mess his hair.

 

"Calm down, dork. Just tell them that you are not ready yet."I said to him.

 

"Nah, knowing my parents, they won't stop bugging, pestering and bothering me not unless I will comply to them."he answered. He pause for a moment and then look at me with wide eyes.

 

"What?" I asked him.

 

"I got an idea."he said with an evil smirk.

 

I don't like the look of this dork's face right now. I do have feelings for him and I know that he does too for me. I'm keeping myself calm in his situation right now.

 

"Krystal, go back with me in America with Yunjin. I will introduce you as my girlfriend and Yunjin as my son."he said to me with a big smile on his face.

 

Hearing this made my eyes widened. Although I like his idea but, only pretending to be his girlfriend is not I wanted.He is really an idiot, if he will say those three words to me again, then I will be his girlfriend for real.

 

"Sorry but I am not a good liar like you." I replied to him as I got up from my chair and put my plate on the sink.

 

I can feel his eyes on me when I walk out in the room.