Stuck With Each Other

Daddy Hunting

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Victoria left after breakfast. She listed everything I needed to do for Yunjin. I learned that this kid who is looking at me with furrowed brows and piercing eyes is already in kindergarten. Good thing it is now weekend so I don’t need to take him to his school. I notice that this kid got an attitude. We are both sitting in the living room, he is watching a cartoon show and when the show ended, I snatch the remote from him and change the channel.

 

“Let’s watch my favorite show this time.” I said with a smirk.

 

I got surprise when he suddenly snatch the remote from my hand and change the channel back into cartoon network.

 

“I am not finish yet so wait for your turn.” he said and glared at me.

 

I got annoyed to this little brat. I just hold my negative emotions inside. I bet his parents spoiled him that is why he got this selfish attitude. I wanted to snatch back the remote but I don’t want to have a quarrel with a little brat so I just let him this time.

 

“Kid, how come you are living with Victoria?” I asked him just wanting to start a conversation with him because we will be stuck in each other for one week.

 

“My name is not ‘Kid’, its Yunjin. Umma gave it to me so you should call me that.” he said to me. This kid is really something.

 

“Yunjin, how come you are living with Victoria?” I asked him putting on a fake angelic looked on my face.

 

“Mommy Victoria offered her house to Umma. She said we can live with her until Umma can afford to buy us a new house.” he answered.

 

“What about your Appa? Where is he?” I asked him curiously.

 

“I don’t have an Appa.” he answered trying to hide the sadness in his voice.

 

I choose not to ask him any questions related to his family anymore. I think it will only make me feel guilty for making him feel upset and sad. Yunjin is a selfish and arrogant brat but I think he is lonely and sad kid too.

 

“What about you? How come you are not busy like Umma and Mommy Victoria?” he asked me curiously.

 

“Let just say I am in my very long vacation right now.” I answered to him and grinned. He stared at me then glued his eyes back into the TV.

 

We watch cartoons in the entire morning. I decided to bring him outside with me to grab some lunch and take a stroll. I notice that everyone is looking at us. Maybe we look like a father and son. We enter into this one fancy restaurant.

 

“You have a very handsome son, Sir.”the waitress said afer she takes our order.

 

“He…”

 

 I cut off my sentence and take a glance at Yunjin. He is just looking down and I notice a faint smile on his face. I think he is happy right now. Maybe the idea of being complimented and having other people think that he got a dad made him happy enough.

 

“Thank you.” I answered to the waitress with a smile and then the waitress left.

 

“You should have told her that my Umma is beautiful that is why I am handsome.” he said to me with furrowed brows.

 

“I bet she already know that.” I scoff in disbelief.

 

I decided to take him into the amusement park. I wanted to enjoy myself too. Yunjin looks excited when we got in the amusement park.

 

“What do you like to ride first?” I asked him.

 

“Bump cars!”he said excitedly.

 

“That’s a good choice.” I said to him then we headed to were the bump cars is.

 

 We tried all the different rides. It is already late afternoon when we went home. I think Yunjin had a great time with me today. I am not expecting for us to get close but I just want him to enjoy every single day with me. I give him a bath before I tuck him in his bed.

 

“Read me some stories.” he demand.

 

“Sorry kid, but I am not fond of reading.” I answered to him.

 

“Mommy Victoria didn’t tell you that I can’t go to sleep without hearing my story first?”he said while raising his brows.

 

“No.” I answered shortly. He looked disappointed and sad. “Alright, I will just tell you a story.” I said to him and it draws a big smile on his face.

 

I now realize that being a father or a parent isn’t easy. You have to do a lot of things for your child. I am thankful that I am still single now because I don’t think I can handle the responsibility of being a father neither a parent. In the first place, I really hate responsibilities.