Got Something For Someone

Daddy Hunting

KRYSTAL's POV

 

It is already evening when Amber and Yunjin  came home. When I mention to Myungsoo that Amber is already back in Korea, he asked me if he could visit us in the house. I agreed to it since they are were good friends. Myungsoo is my current boss, I am currently working in their company. Yunjin greeted Myungsoo politely before he walk over to me and sit down on my lap. I think he got shy around my boss.

 

"Hey Myungsoo, long time no see."Amber greeted him with a smile on his face when he approach him.

 

"Long time no see, Am."Myungsoo answered with a smile.

 

"Wow, you looked different now. You look more...classy."Amber said while looking at him from head to toe.

 

"Pfft! I don't have any idea what you are talking about,Am. I am just wearing a simple suit."Myungsoo remarked.

 

"So,you are Krystal's boss now."Amber said when he sat down next to me. "You should not give her so much work, okay?"he added.

 

"Hey Amber, that's inappropriate." I scolded him. Myungsoo just scoffed.

 

"Nah, we are talking here as mere friends, so nothing is inappropriate."I remarked.

 

"You haven't changed at all, Am."Myungsoo replied and scoffed.

 

"There's nothing to change."he simply replied.

 

"Uhm, I think you guys have a lot of catching up to do so I and my son will excuse ourself for the meantime." I said to them. They both nod their heads in agreement.

 

I went to the kitchen to cook some dinner for us. I brought Yunjin with me because I don't want him to bother the two grown-ups. I  let him sit down on one chair.  

 

"Umma, that new man, his name is Myungsoo?"Yunjin asked me curiously.

 

"Yeah, why?"I asked him.

 

"He is Appa's rival."he answered which made me raise my brows.

 

"Rival?"

 

"Yeah, it seems that Appa got something to someone."he stated. I think he doesn't have any idea what he is talking about.

 

"Who is that someone?" I asked him curiously.

 

"I don't know."he shrugged his shoulders. "I will ask Appa for you Umma."he continued with assuring smile.

 

"It's okay, baby. There's no need for you to bother your Appa about that."I said to him as I ruffled his hair.

 

AMBER's POV

 

Seeing Myungsoo brings back everything Key had told me. I am not sure if they are dating right now or not but I don't understand why there is a part of me that is hoping that they're not.I think Key is right, maybe I do have feelings for Krystal. But compare to Myungsoo, I think he is the one more suited for her. Compare to me, Myungsoo can support them and provide their needs. I don't have anything to offer to them.

 

"Amber, do you want to work in our company? You got your degree, right?" Myungsoo said to me.

 

"Nah, my family will get upset if I work in other company and not to ours." I answered him.

 

"So, why you aren't working now?"he replied.

 

"Working is not really my thing."I answered back and laugh.

 

"So your parents are still the one who are supporting you?"

 

"Not really. Honestly I don't ask them anything anymore. I supported myself financially through drag racing. I got a lot of cash and enjoy at the same time doing it."I answered.

 

"Oh,do you want to compete this weekend. I and my friends are going to compete with a cash pot of more or less 10,000 US dollars."he said to me which stirred the excitement within me.

 

"Whoa! Of course, I'll join bro."I said to him attentively.

 

"Cool! I'll tell my friend that you will join us."he replied with a big smile on his face.

 

I feel excited about our coming race. I think I can borrow Key's car for the race, about the money, I'll borrow some from him too. Myungsoo joined us in dinner. I notice that Krystal is shy around him. I am just observing them, and I think Yunjin is doing the same thing too. He is intently looking at Myungsoo. I wonder if he likes him for his Umma or does he likes anyone for her aside from his real Appa. After our dinner, Myungsoo take his leave. I slump on the couch while Krystal is seeing him off. Yunjin then approach me and sat down beside me. 

 

"Appa, it seems to me that your rival likes my Umma."he said to me.

 

"Really?" I replied to him and scoffed. He nod his head.

 

"But I don't like him to be my new Appa."he stated. " I don't want Umma to get me a new Appa."

 

"Why?" I asked him curiously. I thought he already consider me as his Appa but it seems to me that I'm wrong.

 

"Because I can feel that my Appa is still alive and will come back for me and my Umma."he replied to me.

 

I think I am one of the extras in Yunjin and Krystal's life. The persons who are focus in the picture is him, Krystal and the his biological father. I should not think of anything but focus in searching for his real father. Better get rid of this feelings while it is still a sprout.

 

"You don't love my Umma, right Appa? Because you got something to someone."he said to me which made me turn to him. He is looking down, not meeting my eyes. I didn't expect that he was eavesdropping while I was talking to Key.

 

"Uhm,I only see your Umma as my special friend. I love her like how I love your Mommy Vic." I said to her.

 

"Thank you ,Am. That's so sweet of you." Krystal said which made us turn our head to her.

 

She has a smile on her face, but it doesn't reach her eyes. I smiled back at her and Yunjin jump off from the couch and walk over to her. They then excuse themselves and I was left alone in the livingroom. I ruffled my hair in annoyance. I know deep inside me, I am not only lying to them, but also, lying to myself and I can't take back that lie anymore.

 

"I'm really stupid."I mumbled as I smack my own head.