Yiyun Meet Yunjin

Daddy Hunting

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I like to have a simple and easy life. I am already 23 years old, no job, no girlfriend and no plans for my future. I got my college diploma but working isn’t my thing. I live in this cheap condo here in America. I earn money through racing. I love to race, racing is my passion. My cousin, who is living in Korea suddenly called me. She wants me to pay her a visit in Korea because it’s been five years since we last saw each other.

 

“Hey handsome!” Victoria greeted me with a lovely smile as soon as she saw me in the airport.

 

“Hey beautiful!” I replied and she welcomed me with a warm hug. My cousin is really beautiful. She is half Chinese, her Dad and my Mom are siblings.

 

“It’s been five years since the last time I saw you!”she said while hugging me tightly.

 

“I’m sorry if I haven’t visited you these last few years.” I apologize to her when we broke our hug.

 

I’ve been here in Korea last five years. I spent my summer vacation here with Victoria’s family. Both her parents are doctors, so basically, they are family of doctors. We drive our way into her condo. We’ve been talking about random stuffs, trying to catch up with each other. It is already evening when we got there. I throw myself on the couch in the living room. My eyes explore the room, and it is very neat and beautiful. She is living in luxury here.

 

“You have a great place.” I said to her.

 

“This is not really that great.” she answered to me and sits on the chair beside.

 

I think she is just being modest. Her condo is really great! She have a flat screen TV, a beautiful set of stereo, an expensive set of living chairs and everything I see is expensive and well designed stuffs and things.

 

“Am, can I ask you a favor?”she said to me while looking at me with an eyes that hoping me to say yes to her.

 

“Sure. What is it?” I asked her.

 

“Uhm, I will be attending a medical convention and seminar in Europe for one month.” she started. “Can you look after Yunjin for me?”she said with an aegyo smile.

 

“Who’s Yunjin?” I asked her with a furrowed brow.

 

“I am Yunjin!”

 

A boy wearing a pajama with a bed hair just pop out of nowhere. He is still rubbing his eyes; I think he just woke up. I looked at my cousin with a widened eye. I never heard that she already had a son.

 

“Oh Yunjin, did we wake you up?” Victoria said when she go to the kid and pat his head. I jump out of the couch.

 

“Victoria, what is the meaning of this? Who is this kid? Is he your…” she cut me off.

 

“Calm down Yiyun.”she said to me and giggled seeing my reaction.

 

“How can I calm down?” I whimpered. “Victoria, does your parents know you already had a son? I never heard that you got married.” I added.

 

“Mommy Victoria, that guy is crazy.” the boy said while looking at me with a straight face.

 

“Yunjin, it’s rude to say that to others.” Victoria scolded him then she looked at me again. “Yiyun, he is not my son. His mother is my close friend. She is in other country right now because of her business trip but she will be back next week.” she explained.

 

I feel relieved when I heard this. If she happens to be Victoria’s son without a dad, I will hunt down the guy who got her pregnant. I look at the kid, he is still looking at me with an annoyed look on his face. I think he is around four or five years old.

 

“So you want me to look after him until his Mom picks him up?” I clarify to her.

 

“They both live with me.” she answered. “Take good care of them both for me, okay?”she said.

 

“I will try if I can.” I answered to her.

 

“I’m sure you will. Anyway, I am scheduled to leave tomorrow morning. I will give instructions to you on what you needed to do for Yunjin every day.” she stated.

 

“Just write it in a piece of paper.”I said and sat back on the couch.

 

I went into my room. Her condo have three rooms. I think Yunjin and his Mom have the same room. I wonder who Yunjin’s Mom is. I hope we can get along together and his dad won’t think anything bad about us living together under the same roof.