A mole in HQ

Power of Three

Hyuk rocked back and forth on his heels as he tired to ignore the burning glare from Chansung. The older boy had radioed for Mir to meet them only a few minutes before but for Vixx's maknae it seemed like it had been forever. He didn't know why Chansung disliked him, he guessed maybe it was because the older boy didn't want a new comer messing with the vibe that the three had.

"Chansung hyung can I ask you something while we are waiting for Mir?"

Chansung narrowed his eye.

"If you must." He said, his words drawn out.

"Why don't you like me. I mean I know that you have only just met me but you have been giving me the stink eye since we meet."

Chansung was taken aback. He hadn't thought the other boy had noticed. He let out a sigh and shrugged.

"Its not that I hate you. Its just, well it has always been Sunggyu, Mir and myself. I don't really feel safe letting in strangers who only say they have a connection to Andrea. I mean what happens if we actually trust you and you end up been a double agent or one of the shadow agents sent to kill us."

Hyuk nodded

"I understand. When I first joined Vixx, my group didn't like me either. They had been together for a while and then I replaced one of their friends and they hated me for it. He was also meant to be their guardian. So what happened is I was recruited into the Guardian program. At first I was overwhelmed, I had only 6 months of training prior to joining Vixx and now I had to learn how to become a super spy. One night I broke down after weapons training, I was tired, sore and felt useless when this foreign noona approached me and started talking to me. She said that I would make it because there was potential in me. She said the reason I had been chosen for Vixx and HQ was because I stood out. She said that one day I would be just like you guys."

Chansung let out a small laugh.

"That sound like something Andrea would say."

Hyuk nodded

"That's because Andrea did say it. She promised to help train me and the whole time she spoke about you guys, the missions you have been on, the people you guys have saved. You inspired me so much that I wanted to be just like you guys. So I pushed myself harder than every before. Then few months ago Andrea recruited me into her private guard. There is only a couple of us. We inform her of any strange going on's within HQ. She was worried that the Shadows wold try to infiltrate HQ and apparently she was right."

At that moment the door opened and Mir hurried inside.

"So sorry I had to hand out chores to the guys. Honestly I think since they found out who we are, all manner of thought has left them. They are like headless chickens. Now what is this about a mole in HQ."

 

Snake looked down at the camera adjusting the lens so that it perfectly captured the back of the black leather chair and the grey smoke that rose up behind it. He rolled his eyes, the shadow master had always been one for dramatics but honestly why did he have to have the back of his chair filmed. Snake doubted that the image would leave the three HQ agents shivering in fright. Not one of them would go:

"Ooh that chair is soooo scary, we should definatly do as the chair says"

"My god that chair is so evil. I am scared senseless."

Snake sniggered at the thoughts but quickly shut up as Nightshade crept past.

The Shadow master spoke from behind the chair.

"Snake, I am ready. Turn the camera on."

Snake stuck out his forked tongue at the back of the chair but pressed the record button anyway.

The Shadow Master paused for dramatic effect, letting out a puff of grey smoke.

"Hello everyone. I am sorry to bother you on this fine evening but I have a very important message for a few people and unfortunately they need to hear it.So without further adue, Kim Sunggyu, Bang Cheolyong and Hwang Chansung.  You may not know me but I know you. My name is the Shadow Master and I run the organization you are so intent on taking down."

Another puff of smoke

"Now I don't mind a little bit of friendly competition in fact I quite enjoyed playing with you guys but then you had to go and ruin it."

He hissed out the last part of the sentence.

"You took something that belongs to me and I want it back. You boys have taken things to far and now you will have to pay for what you have done."

A hand appeared from behind the chair and in it was a bunch of papers.

"Here in my hand is a list of every kpop idol that works for HQ. So starting from the top who do we have...Moon Jongup. Well then here is the deal boys until I get Talisman back I will have one HQ agent killed every hour on the hour starting with Jongup. Hope you boys don't mind been the reason for all your friends deaths. Byeeee."

 

Woohyun sat Sunggyu's hand. He scanned his eyes across Sunggyu's face grimacing at how pale and gaunt the older boy had become. He couldn't bring himself to look at Sunggyu's heavy bandaged hands slightly stained here and there with blood. He wished that Sunggyu would wake up so that he could strangle the leader for getting hurt. 

He swept a piece of stray hair away from Sunggyu's brow. Despite his injury Sunggyu's face actually looked peaceful. Woohyun adn't seen him look like this in a very long time. Usually when the leader was asleep he still had a furrowed brow or tossed and turned becausee he had so much running through his mind. Woohyun shook his head, he knew that Sunggyu did more than anyone else in the group especially with him being their guardian.

He rested his head against Sunggyu's side.

"Please wake up Gyu."

Before long the dark haired boy had fallen asleep.

 

Hyuk paced back and forth almost in a military styled march. He had brought Mir up to speed on his involvement as one of Andrea's personal guards. Naturally neither Mir or Chansung had even known Andrea had her own guard. 

"Alright about 8 months ago a HQ agent was killed while on his mission. It had supposed to have been a easy mission, a mere pick up and go but the intel was off and he ended up walking straight into a drug den. Then 2 weeks later another two agents were killed because the intel was bad. So Andrea secretly started to investigate it. She found that some how some one was changing the details of the mission without anyone finding out and even more interesting was that the agents that had been killed had been known comrades of your grandfather. As she dug deeper she found that information about certain agents had gone missing or had been duplicated. That is when she figured there was a mole in the organization."

He stopped in case Mir or Chansung wanted to ask a question but both remained silent.

"Whoever the mole is found out that Andrea was snooping around and he tried to have her killed."

This time Chansung spoke up.

"How? When? Why didn't she tell us?"

Hyuk was a little taken a back about how interested Chansung was but guessed that it was probably normal behaviour for the giant maknae..

"Well they put a bomb under her car but they don't know that she checks under her car ever time she gets in it and it happened about 6 months ago. As for why she didn't tell you well that you will have to ask her yourself but I am guessing its because she didn't want the mole to know that she was communicating with you guys and mostly because she is a big girl and she doesn't need some dude to constantly protect her."

Chansung pulled a face while Mir tried to hide his amusement. Hyuk continued.

"Anyway seeing as thought they had already made an attempt on her life she decided that she needed a circle of agents around her that would be the perfect task force. So she started up her special unit and continued her digging in a more spy like manner. The mole was throw off her scent until last night."

"What happened last night" asked Mir. 

"Andrea found out that Ricky's death and the consequent stolen data that contained our identities had been a setup. The mole had informed the Shadow Organization about it. Apparently it was the start of something more sinister but before Andrea could learn anything else there was another attempt on her life by the mole himself."

Chansung got to his feet.

"Who is it?"

Hyuk grimaced

"It is council member Park Won Jae. He has apparently been  a double agent for years."

"That son of a ." growled out Chansung.

Mir nodded a in a agreement.

"Is Andrea okay?"

Hyuk nodded sadly

"A few cuts and bruises but nothing that won't heal but the problem is the data."

Mir frowned "What data?"

"All the research about the mole and most importantly the research Andrea did into Nightshades's whereabouts. Thankfully she was bale to extract some data but it will not be enough to pull of an operation."

Mir cursed. What were they supposed to do now. This was a huge set back for the mission especially with the fact that they were not on top form. His side was still healing, Chansung's injured leg meant that he couldn't move as fast as usual while Sunggyu's injured hands meant that he wouldn't be able to handle a gun or any other weapon for quite a while. They needed a miracle at this point. A thought suddenly came into his mind.

"So why didn't Andrea come tell us herself. Did she send you to help us?"

Hyuk nodded.

"In a way, yes. Andrea couldn't come tell you because she has gone underground and will only make contact with me. Se asked me to help you guys out as much as possible but I can only do so much. I am not as highly trained as you guys are and I have to remian in the background. I can't bring my group into this mess."

Chansung let out a laugh.

"Sorry kiddo but the Shadows have all of our names. Your group in involved whether they like it or not."

Hyuk shook his head. 

"According to the official reports I am nothing but a low level agent. Bottom of the food chain. The Shadows wouldn't even bother with me unless they knew the truth. So VIXX will stay uninvolved for as long as possible."

Mir nodded sharply.

"Alright so what is the plan. What do we do?"

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo lay out on the expensive and comfortable couch while watching the TV.

"Yeollie please choose a channel and just watch it. How can you even tell what's on? You are flipping through it so fast."

Sungyeol pulled a tongue but stopped his channel surfing. It was the latest James Bond movie. The two boys settled back to watch it.

"Do you think this is what Sunggyu hyung does?" asked Sungyeol. L thought for a moment.

"Maybe, probably. He is a secret spy after all.

The two boys giggled and fell into a silly discussion about what Sunggyu would do on his missions.

Suddenly the TV went black with a simple message across the screen.

We interrupt your program for a special, looped announcement. We would apologize for the inconvience but frankly we don't care. 

A picture appeared on the screen of a dark room. In the centre of the shot was a high backed chair. Smoke drifted up from behind it.

 

Hyuk was silent while he tried to come up with an answer. Truth be told he had no plan. Andrea had only told him to inform the three about the mole and maybe help where he could. He glanced at Mir and Chansung, both of them were looking at him like he held all the answers. Thankfully he was saved by a timid knock on the door.

Mir went to open it. L and Sungyeol stood breathlessly at the door way, worry written all over their face. Mir instantly begin to worry. Had something happened to Sunggyu?

"What's wrong?" Mir asked hurriedly.

Chansung and Hyuk had come over to join Mir and the two Infinite members at the door.

Sungyeol took a deep breath and tired to calm his beating heart.

"You guys need to come upstairs. They is something very important that you need to see on the TV."

The three agents exchanged worried glances before the rushed upstairs.

The arrived just in time to watch the video loop from the beginning and what they heard turned their blood to ice.

After they had watched the message for the fourth time Mir turned to Chansung.

"What are we going to do hyung. We can't give Talisman back, he is our only lead to Shadow Organization especially since all of Andrea's research has been destroyed."

Chansung clenched his fists.

"No one is getting killed on my watch."

He spun on his heel and strode over to the door. 

"Wait where are you going. Are we going to give him back?" called out Hyuk.

Chansung stopped and popped his knuckles.

"Oh we will give him back alright but we still have 45 minutes to play with him."

 

 

Sunggyu felt himself slowly coming into consciousness. His hands were beginning to throb which meant that the medication was beginning to wear off. His throat also felt like it had the Narobi desert. He began aware of a presence at his side, he concentrated for a second, listening to the soft snores that sounded all to familiar.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked over at the sleeping boy next to him. He frowned at the tension he saw on Woohyun's face knowing that he was the reason that the other boy looked so worried. Reaching out his hand he went to the other boys face but the movement sent a bolt of pain through his hand. His hiss woke Woohyun who rubbed at his eyes.

"Gyu hyung, your awake. How are you feeling?"

Sunggyu gave a slight smile hoping to alleviate at least some of Woohyun's worries.

"Well I have felt better but hey this isn't the worst I have had so no need to worry."

This however only seemed to make Woohyun look even more worried. In fact his face had gone pale and he looked like he was going to throw up.

"Hey why do you look so worried. Its only a few scratches and it was my fault that I got them."

Sunggyu's words enraged Woohyun who jumped from his seat and began to angrily pace the room.

"I am worried about you Sunggyu. This..."

he said pointing to Sunggyu's bandaged hands

"...is not okay. You are our grandpa leader who has to have like 800 vitamins everyday. You complain about you sore back and your headaches. Yet you get dragged in a few hours back looking like death warmed up, then you say oh its nothing. WELL IT IS SOMETHING TO ME."

Stopping his pacing, Woohyun took a deep breath and put his hands on his hips.

"Sunggyu, you mean the world to me. I know we haven't had much time to discuss us what with you going off to save the world but all of this has go me thinking. You do so much for us both as our leader and as our protector. Infinite couldn't survive without you, seriously we would fall apart. The last few days have been testament to that. All the six of us seem to do is fight and when we are not fighting then we are wondering around like lost puppies. It has also made me realise how much I need you. When you are gone I feel like a part of me is missing, I always feel like that whenever you are away but now that there is a big chance that you may get killed well..."

He broke off and looked at the ground. He seemed to be thinking. Sunggyu sat up, struggling slightly.

"What is it Woohyun?"

The younger boy raised his head to meet Sunggyu's eyes.

"I want you to retire from the spy business otherwise I will leave Infinite."

Sunggyu was taken aback. He was shocked, how could Woohyun suggest such a thing.

"Namu, I can't retire. My whole family are spies, I have been trained since birth to be the ultimate fighting machine and besides some one needs to protect you guys. So drop this silly ultimatum, I can not quit something that runs in my blood nor can you leave Infinite."

He got to his feet and shuffled over to Woohyun who looked on the verge of tears. He pulled the other boy into a hug.

"I have been through a lot of but I always pull through. I know that all of this has been a shock for you but you have to understand that something like this may look bad to you but for us is it merely a scratch. I am sorry for making you worry."

Woohyun nodded into Sunggyu's chest before he took a small step back.

"Promise me something though that no matter what, you won't die!"

Sunggyu smiled and pulled Woohyun close to him so that their foreheads were touching.

"I promise that I will never leave you."

And with those consoling words he pulled Woohyun into a kiss hoping that he could keep that promise.

 


OTL my lovely readers. I had no idea that the last time I updated this story was more than a month ago. I feel so ashamed, time has flown so fast and urgh. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Hopefully my updates will become more uniform next month as summer slowly begins to die down.

Anyway thank you for been so awesomely patient and hope you enjoy this update.

Ps. asdfghjkl Infinite's new song Destiny just killed me thanks alot you cute lil' s