Nightshade

Power of Three

Dongwoo peeked another look at the beastly idol who was stirring the ramen noodles while humming to himself.

"Ask what you need to ask Dongwoo-sshi or do you keep staring at me because I am so goddam good looking?"

Dongwoo squeaked at having been caught. Chansung turned to face Infinite's main rapper with a slight smirk on his face, he crossed his arms. Dongwoo avoided looking at the other's eyes. 

"Well I know this may sound like a bad question but...have you guys ever well you know...killed anyone." Chansung grimaced and looked down as he didn't really want to answer a question such as that.

Dongwoo pulled a face "You don't have to answer that, it is okay..."

He suddenly broke off at the appearance of Taecyeon. The taller man leaned up against the counter and glared at 2PM's maknae "No I thing he should answer the question. I think we deserve to know if we are putting our lives in the hands of murderers."

Chansung looked up at his hyung with a pleading look "Hyung please don't make me answer this."

But Taecyeon just raised an eyebrow showing that he expected an answer.Chansung frowned "We are trained only to subdue the assailant but sometimes things go wrong. I have killed a person before so has Mir and Sunggyu. Each time it happens it chips a little away from my soul and it terrifies me that one day it will be chipped away completely. However we would never kill anyone innocent, never."

Taecyeon nodded before he pulled his maknae into a hug. Dongwoo smiled at the exchange but his nostrils signal to something wrong.

" hyung the ramen is burning."
And naturally chaos erupted.

 

Sunggyu bashfully knocked on the door to Dongwoo's room that Woohyun was currently hiding in. "Namu can we please talk? Namstar I know that you may not want to talk to me but we can't leave things like this, we have to stick together."

He heard Woohyun say something that sounded like screw off come from the other side. He knocked again and decided to wait a little. He placed his head against the door and sighed. He wondered how everything had so quickly gone wrong, one minute he was this beloved, bullied leader the next his group, his friends wouldn't even look him in the eye.

He felt a hand rest on his shoulder "Hyung perhaps you should just leave him to figure out his thought. You know that he doesn't hate you. None of us ever could, it is just right now, this is new and scary. Think of it from Woohyun's point, you are his everything and now he just found ou that you are not the unchanging anchor in his life."

Sunggyu pursed his lips wondering when Hoya had become so smart but he would never allow the already egotsitical boy to know that. "No I have to talk to him now."

"Woohyun open this door now otherwise I knick it down."

He got into postition but was caught of balance when Hoya's arms encircled him, pulling him away. "Are you insane hyung. I thought that you were supposed to be the rational one. Kicking doors down is probably not the best way to get Woohyun to talk to you."

Sunggyu growled. Throwing up his arms he walked away mumbling to himself about meddling kids. Hoya just sighed before knocking silently on the door.

"Woohyun it is me Hoya. I have sent Gyu away. Can I come in?"

The sound of soft foot steps came from the opposite side before the door open slightly allowing Hoya to enter the room. Woohyun had returned to his space in the corner. To Hoya the older boy reminded him of a lost kid who had just found out that Santa wasn't real. Hoya sunk to the floor beside the main singer and put his arm around Woohyun.

At the contact Woohyun burst into tears, Hoya was taken back having not expected the reaction but he didn't flinch away when the older boy buried his face in Hoya's shoulder. 

"Listen don't be angry with Gyu. He was born into this, he had no choice but he choose to do his job well. I have know about this for years but I know that he really does care about us especially you. He cares about us as brothers not as a job. In fact he was actually told last year that he was going to be transferred out to another postition but he refused because he wanted to be with us. He said and I am quoting here 'You guys are my family and I will take care off you until I take my last breath.' Hyung please don't be angry at Gyu he kept things a secret to protect us."

Woohyun nodded his head against Hoya's shoulder and mumbled something. Hoya pushed the boy back "Repeat that again."

"I didn't mean to say that I hate Gyu or that we don't need him because I really do but I am so angry that he lied to us. I thought we all shared secrets, I thought that I knew him like the back of my hand. I am angry because I feel lost because everything that I have ever known is a lie."

Hoya grimaced and shook his head. "No none of it was a lie just think of it as another one og Gyu's duties as our grandpa leader...but that is not the real reason why you are upset is it?"

Woohyun scrunched up his face and shook his head. "No it is not. The real reason why I am upset is because when I heard about Gyu's real job the only thing I could think of was his safety. He takes care of us but who takes care of him. I never had to worry about him before and now I have to worry about getting a call that he was killed."

Hoya smiled sadly as he had been worrying about that for years. "You sound like his wife."

Woohyun shot back "Well of course I do. I care about him and I couldn't live he something happened to him because, because I... I think I might be in love with him."

He quickly turned away from Hoya as he was shocked about his own revelation. He enjoyed his small kisses and hugs with Sunggyu but he had never thought about if he had feelings for the other boy.

Hoya clapped his hands "Holy mother of all things purple, it is about time. Dam do you knwo how long we have been waiing for you to pull your head out your and realise that you return his feelings."

Wooyhun stared at the dance machine, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. "Wait, whta you mean you guys knew about me liking Gyu, how long have you known. Wait he likes me since when."

Hoya face palmed unable to continue the conversation with the useless greasy tree. He stood "Listen I think it would be a good idea to talk to Sunggyu, you know have a heart to heart or a mouth to mouth, you know whatever floats you boat."

He ran out the room before Wooyhun caught on to what he meant.

 

Joon closed the door softy behind him and let out a heavy sigh. He couldn't believe what Mir had said to him. Sure they would sometimes be really busy and would forget about the maknae but how could they have not noticed him being injured or the fact that he had an eating disorder. He hated the fact that they had driving the youngster to wait to quit MBLAQ especially as it was so obvious that Mir loved the group. He had to find the other member and tell them about what Mir had just told him. 

He would not allow Mir to leave and that meant that the members had to change their behavior towards the maknae. He strolled purposefully towards where he had last seen the others but was bait suprised to find only Thunder still sitting on the couch apparently lost in his own world. Joon bit his lip and decided that he would ask the second youngest what was on his mind. 

"Hey kiddo, what bothering you?" He sat down and awkwardly slung his arm over Thunder's shoulders. MBLAQ weren't really the type that spoke about their feelings except perhaps Seungho who was like the dad figure.

Thunder looked at Joon, his eyes wide, the fear evident in them. "Hyung Mir could have died today and I didn't do anything to stop it. He got hurt because of us and I just stood there. There was so much blood and as I watched all I could think about was how I would never get to tell Mirea what he means to us. I mean you have to admit hyung we haven't be the best hyungs to Mir."

He hung his head in shame. Joon was surpised that the other had picked up their mistreatment of the maknae. Joon sighed "I know. I never really thought about it but this has opened my eyes."

"Is Mirea okay?"

Joon looked up as Seungho and G.O walked towards them. The 87' line sat down next to on the couch next to Joon and Thunder.

"Well physically he is okay-ish but mentally well... Listen he told me something just now and I think you guys should hear me out."

The other members looked expectantly at Joon to continue. "He wants to leave MBLAQ."

He hushed down the questions that came up before continuing.

"Honestly I don't blame him. If any of us had to deal with the way he is treated then we would have left ages ago. We treat him like guys, we ignore him, exclude him from activates, we say things about him that I wish now that I could take back. I know that I am probably the worst, I never noticed that he was limping when he got shot or that he hasn't eaten in days. He says he does it often to see if we notice but we never do"

Seungho stopped Joon. He stood up and began to pace the room ignoring the looks he was getting from Wooyoung and Junsu who were whispering to themselves on the other side of the room.

"How could I let this happening. I am meant to be the leader of this group, I am meant to protect you guys and yet not only do I almost allow our maknae to get killed but I can't even notice that he is starving himself."

He sat back down again heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes. G.O finally spoke "We can not allow Mir to leave the group. He is the glue that binds us and the reason I don't go through with my plans to maim you all because he keeps me so busy that I have to fulfill my motherly role of watching him and so I never have any time to carry out my dastardly plans. I wish that I had paid more attention to him but all that is in the past all we can do now is show him how much we need him."

The members all nodded but Joon couldn't help hoping that they were too late. 

 

Suddenly an alarm started blaring. Chansung and Sunggyu ran into the living room guns in hand both of them looked terrified. "Call Andrea!" Sunggyu ordered Chansung but the beastly idea had already pulled out his phone and was dialing the number. 

 Sunggyu's door swung open and Mir hobbled over with his own gun out with a look of total panic on his face. The atmosphere was heavy with fear. 

Mir whispered in a small voice "Please tell me that you alarm is broken."

Sunggyu shook his head "No, no it is not."

Sungjong spoke up "What the hell is going on now?"

A knock sounded  at the door. Mir, Chansung and Sunggyu drew the guns and pointed to the door.

Sunggyu turned his head to the civilian members without his eyes leaving the door "Go into my room and lock yourselves in there. There is a special button behind the bookself, press it. Now go!"

There was a mad scramble as everyone rushed into the room. Joon however didn't want to go, not yet anyone. 

"Mir-ah!"

The youngster turned "Hyung get in the room. GO!"

Junho pulled Joon away and slammed the door behind him locking it. Joon glared at Junho before he stomped over to s. Thunder put his hand on Joon's shoulder. "He will be okay."

Myungsoo's voice sounded "Guys where is Woohyun?"

 

On the other side of the door the three stood in anticipation. Chansung spoke, his voice low and deadly "It has been a honor fighting with you. If I have to die at least I know it is by your side while fighting the Nightshade."


Hello my dear readers. I am so sorry for the lack of update recently. I promise that I will try better OTL. Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter and don't worry for those who are looking for action and romance, the next few chapters will be filled with them.