Talisman pt 2

Power of Three

“Goodbye Hwang Chansung.”

Chansung closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to come. He never thought that it would end this way. He had so much that he wanted to still do and say.

Crack

The sound of breaking glass forced his eyes open. One of the guards fell to his knees clutching his chest where a red stain was beginning to blossom. The room fell into chaos as the guards and Talisman scrabbled into cover. A panicked voice sounded in his ear.

“Get into cover you flippin moron.” Mir screamed over their comm.

Chansung swung around and threw the table onto its side. He ducked just as a bullet whizzed past his head. His back hit the back of the table as he quickly pulled out his gun. He crouched and free fired over the top the table.

“You will not get away with this Hwang Chansung. I will kill you, and then I will your friend in the other room. Then I will find the little sniper and cut him into little pieces.”

Chansung responded by aiming straight at the nearest guard and shooting him between the eyes. He took cover cringing as multiple bullets embedded themselves in the table.

Mir’s voice sounded over the comm. again.

“Just hold them off for a little longer, Sunggyu is eh on his way.”

“Sunggyu get your bony in here.”

Sunggyu replied yet he sounded out of breath as if he had been running.

“Hold them off for a little longer. I am dealing with some of my own problems right now.”

 

Sunggyu had heard Talisman and his cronies enter the room next door. He had been listening to the muffled exchange when a knock came at the door. He had grit his teeth in frustration and had tried to ignore it but the knock had come again louder this time and more forcefully.

He had called out then “Sorry I cannot open the door. My parents are out and I am not allowed to open the door for strangers.”

For a moment, he had thought his lie had worked until the door flew open. The force had splintered the door and had sent the small pieces flying into the room. Sunggyu shielded himself from the shards.

When he looked up, he saw two of the largest men ever. They had managed to squeeze their excessive large frames through the doorway and were slowly stalking towards Sunggyu as if they were hunting the chubby cheeked leader.

“Kim Sunggyu?” asked the one giant. His voice was so gruff that it took Sunggyu a full minute to figure that the man had said his name.

“Oh no, that is my next door neighbour. Now if you don’t mind I was just watching a very interesting drama. So if you would kindly leave.”

The man who had said his name then removed something from his back. It was the biggest shotgun Sunggyu had ever seen. At the sight, his eyes widened and he took a step back. He knew that if he was able to move towards the bathroom that stood behind him then he might have a chance.

“Okay nice little gorilla men let’s just sit down and talk about this nicely.” His back hit the wall. His hand frantically searched for the door handle. His eyes did not leave the gun that was pointed directly at his chest.

“Kim Sunggyu. I will kill now.”

Sunggyu’s hand grasped the handle and he grinned.

“Sorry guys maybe next time.”

He pulled the door open just as the gun went off. The wall seemed to explode just as Sunggyu threw himself into the bathroom. He hit the floor and kicked the door closed. He scrambled to his feet and pulled out his gun. He aimed it toward the door while his other hand clicked on his comm..

“Mir I am trapped. I need you to take out the goons on my side.”

Static came from Mir’s comm which meant the boy had switched it off. He cursed and looked around the room for a means of escape. He could hear the footsteps of the guards and he started to panic.

The only way out was the small window that he would be able to squeeze through if he could break it open. He rushed over to it and tied to jimmy it open but the paint and the metal had long since fused together. He growled in frustration and looked frantically around for something he could break the glass with. His heart began to beat faster as he heard two sets of heavy boots stop outside the door.

“We were going to make you death fast and painless but no you have made us angry. So now we are going to tear off your limbs as you scream.”

Sunggyu pulled a face in disgust at those words but it changed into a smile when his eyes fell upon a dislodged brick. It had fallen loose when the guard had shot at the wall. Picking it up Sunggyu hurled it at the window. It shattered nicely sending shards of glass flying. 

Sunggyu jumped onto the toilet lid and pulled himself through the small hole ignoring the sting as the remaining glass dug into his hands.

The building had an unusual architecture. A line of bricks ran horizontally along the building to give the building some character but it also gave Sunggyu a chance at escape. He pulled himself out of the window just as the bathroom door flew open.

Upon seeing Sunggyu trying to escape the guard with the shotgun let out an inhuman screech and lunge towards the window. Sunggyu pulled his leg through just in time as the guard’s hand grasped at air.

Sunggyu hugged the wall as the wind whipped around him. He had to stand on the tips of his toes as the brick line wasn’t very wide. He peeked down and wished he hadn’t. The ground looked so far away, the people looked small and insignificant.

He started to move sideways. He could see the guard trying in vain to climb out of the window too. suddenly a strong gust of wind hit Sunggyu and he felt his foot slip. For a split second, his body seemed to leave the comfort of the wall. He felt himself falling back, he couldn’t die like this, he couldn’t leave the others, he couldn’t leave Woohyun.

He reached out his hands and gripped onto the wall. His fingernails shredding as he tried to find a grip. Finally his body steadied, he let out a sigh of relief but that joy was cut short as the window frame and the plaster surrounding it exploded creating a bigger hole for the guards to climb through.

Sunggyu swore under his breath and speed up.

His ear comm. crackled to life as Chansung’s panicked voice came through.

“Sunggyu get your bony in here.”

Sunggyu glanced towards the guards who had unfortunately made it out the window and we making their way towards him. He could see the window to Chansung’s room it seemed miles away.

“Hold them off for a little longer. I am dealing with some of my own problems right now.”

The guards were surprisingly agile and were quickly making their way towards Sunggyu, the guard in the front was grinning as he stretched out his hand. His chubby fingers were inches away from Sunggyu’s shoulder.

A popping sound came from the guard and his grin seemed to fall off his face. The life left his eyes as his body fell backwards hurtling through the air. The other guard looked at the empty space in confusing as if he didn’t understand where his friend has disappeared to.

Another pop and he fell too lifelessly to the ground.

“Sorry I am late but Chansung was in a bit of a pickle.” Came Mir’s voice.

Sunggyu grinned “Thanks kiddo.”

“Yeah whatever but you and the useless lump owe me an ice cream or something. Now get in there and help said useless lump.”

 

Mir quickly withdrew his rifle from the window and quickly began to dismantle it placing each piece carefully into its allocated space. He knew that he would have join the fight as he couldn’t trust the older two to stay out of trouble.

Snapping the case shut he was about to stand up when he heard it. A creak of the floor board!

He shifted his eyes in the direction of the noise and saw a shadow flutter past. His eyes narrowed and he felt his muscles tense. There was not meant to be anyone else in the building as it was been renovated.

His hand slowly made his way to his boot where he usually kept his knife but his hand only brushed an empty holster. He cursed to himself as he remembered that he had left it back at the mansion.

Another creak and this time it was right behind him. His hand moved to the handle of the rifle case, his fingers wrapping around it.

A shadow fell upon him and Mir sensed that this was his cue.

Springing to his feet, he swung the case in the direction of the shadow but it failed to hit the target. The momentum of heavy case made Mir stumble. He tried to regain his balance so as face his target but apparently he didn’t need to.

A familiar looking younger boy stood there with his hands in the air and a sheepish grin on his face.

“Don’t attack I am on your side.”

Mir then realised that the boy was wearing a suit similar to his own but he was still sceptical as the boy was still slightly hidden away in the shadows.

“If you are on my side then why are you here and why were you sneaking up on me?”

The boy blushed and shuffled his feet. “Sorry hyungnim Andrea sent me and I didn’t know I was sneaking. It seems that I have been spending too much time with Leo hyung lately.”

Mir relaxed as he finally recognised the boy.

“Hey you are Hyuk from VIXX right. Yeah I heard about the problems you created in HQ. You took the place of the our guy who was supposed to be in the group. So they had to recruit you.”

The boy grinned and nodded. He jumped as if he had suddenly remembered something. He grabbed Mir’s arm and pulled him towards the door.

“We can talk later. Right now we have to go save Chansung and Sunggyu.”

 

Chansung ejected the spent clip onto the floor and shoved the next one in. He flinched as a bullet hit the top of the table way to close for comfort.

Thankfully, Mir had been able to take out two of the guards which left the two others and Talisman. Chansung peeked over the table seeking out a target. He spotted one of the guards shooting aimlessly in his direction while hiding behind the corner of the wall. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath visualizing where his target stood.

He squeezed the trigger and felt the slight recoil of the gun. He had already moved back into cover by the time the bullet had found its target. The guard fell to the floor dead.

“You can’t win boy. Evil will always triumph over good. I am Talisman and no one can defeat me.”

Just as he finished his sentence, a large figure came crashing through the window making sure that the fire-fight came to a halt.

Sunggyu rolled to his to his feet and pointed his gun at Talisman. The blood from the cuts on his hand made holding the gun difficult but he would have to endure the pain.

“Actually sir I believe you will see that this time good will prevail. So Talisman you are coming with us.”

The tattooed man stood up and let out a laugh. He trained his gun towards Sunggyu heart just as he heard the sound of a gun been cocked. He turned his head to see that the remaining guard had used the situation to sneak up on Chansung and was now pointing the gun at the boy’s head.

Chansung stood with his hands behind his hand and shuffled over to Sunggyu. He mouthed a sorry towards the older boy but Sunggyu wasn’t angry with his dongsaeng he was just worried that they wouldn’t make it out of this alive.

“Good. Now Kim Sunggyu, drop you gun.”

Talisman seemed to glide towards the two boys. He didn’t stop until he was practically nose to nose with Sunggyu. He ran a finger across Sunggyu’s lips as the boy tried to move away from the prying hand. Talisman laughed at Sunggyu’s reaction and stepped back.

“Did you honestly think that you could beat me, beat the Shadow organization? We are stronger than you will ever be. Your organization is weak and your people are held back by loyalty and rules. Weakness will be wiped out and I am going to start with you.”

The guard pushed both Chansung and Sunggyu to their knees waiting for his order to execute them. Talisman held up his hand and was about to give the order when a polite knock came at the door.

“Security open up.”

Talisman growled and motioned with his head for the guard to sort it out.

“What do we do hyung?” whispered Chansung in a small voice.

Sunggyu bit his lip and raked his mind for an idea but he was unable to think of anything.

“I don’t know Channie, I’m sorry. I have failed you as a leader.”

 

The guard pulled the door open and he gave a little shout of surprise as a rusted metal crowbar flew across his face. He stumbled back a little before he fell to the floor unconscious.

Talisman was shocked even more so when Mir and another boy strolled in. Mir looked around the destroyed room while the other boy clicked a pair of handcuffs onto the unconscious guard.

“Talisman get the hell away from my family.”

Talisman let out a nervous laugh as he tried to back up only to bump into the hard chest of Chansung. The villain looked around at the four boys in the room, his arrogant mask had slipped away to reveal a look of terror.

Sunggyu picked his discarded gun off the floor and holstered it. He circled around the defeated villain.

“Not so big now that you are alone hey. Look around you Talisman, you are defeated and you are coming with us.”

Talisman let out a surprised gasp as he felt his arms been pulled back and he felt the cold bit of the steel handcuffs click shut on his wrists.

Talisman fell to his knees almost pulling Mir down with him. He began to cry and beg.

“Please don’t take me away. If the Shadow Master knows that I have gone with you then he will kill me please I will tell you everything right here right now.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, pulled Talisman to his feet, and towards the door. Chansung, Mir and Hyuk followed behind.

Chansung massaged the back of his neck when he nudged Mir in the side.

“Hey who the hell is the kid?”

 Hyuk suddenly popped up in between the two boys almost giving Chansung a heart attack.

“Hey I’m Hyuk from VIXX. I work for Andrea though although I have only been a spy for about a year. She says that I am good at sneaking around and she says that I am like a ninja.”

He gave a little laugh before he rushed ahead. Mir tired to hold in his own laugh at the strange boy’s behaviour not to mention he had actually been able to scare Chansung. He knew that they would be very good friends.

 

Sunggyu pushed Talisman’s head down so that he could climb into the car smoothly. Chansung pulled open the driver’s door and slipped into the chair. His eyes narrowed as Hyuk slid into the backseat alongside Mir and Talisman. The two boys were secretly whispering amongst themselves, it seemed that they were quickly becoming fast friends.

Sunggyu noticed that Chansung was glaring into the rear view mirror. He raised an eyebrow but decided not to ask about it just yet so instead he nudged the other boy to pay attention to what he was doing.

Chansung shook his head and started the car.

 


Hey readers. I am so sorry for the long time between updates but I am trying to make these chapters as interesting as possible. Yet I feel like they are really uninteresting. This will get better I promise so please bear with me. 

Anyway thank you for reading!!