Talisman

Power of Three

The man let out a sob.  He was one his knees in a dark and damp cell. The only light was a single, dim light bulb that hung directly above him. He crawled forward on his knees begging.

"Please Talisman we will have the money within the week."

A men stepped out of the shadows. It appeared as the he had manifested in the darkness. He was tall and wiry, he had a presence around him that spoke of pure evil. When he walked it always seemed like he was gliding, his footsteps inaudible.

He walked into light which clearly illuminated the tapestry of tattoos that adorned the man's face.

He smiled at the man who shied away. His teeth were yellow and rotten. He pushed himself towards the begging man's face and pointed to his own cheek using a slim, bone like finger.

"Tell me Seo Guk have you any idea what this depicts."

The man vigorously shook his head and Talisman sighed in disappointment. "Well this depicts the eighth circle of Hell reserved for those who commit fraud. You, my friend, belong in Bolgia 7 which is for reserved for thieves. Not only are you a thief who steals from innocents but you are a thief who steals from his masters and that isn't very nice, now is it? 

Seo Guk began to cry "Please I will get the money. The cops got into our drug stash and confiscated it. We can not sell something that we do not have but I will give you the money when we have it?"

Talisman grabbed the man's face between his hand and squeezed. His eyes seemed to light up with anger as he hissed out his next sentence.

"Your problems are not mine. I was sent here to collect our cut of the profits and you have failed to make any. Unfortunately I can not allow you to get away with this. I have to set an example to others who may fail to pay up and that is very unfortunate for you."

Talisman moved his hand around the back of his body and pulled a gun from his side holster. It was a gold-plated Desert Eagle that had been adorned with small diamonds and rubies. He ran the barrel across Seo Guk's face before pushing it into the man's mouth. 

He looked over his shoulder and saw the little red light blinking in the dark. He turned back to the man with a smile on his face.

"So ladies and gentleman now for the main show" and with that he pulled the trigger.

 

The little market place was still bustling at 10pm. The ajummas in the market shouted out their wares as three hooded figures weaved their way through the crowd. They slowly made their way to an inconspicuous little shop that had no name. The leader of the group stepped forward. 

"I am looking for a some kimchi for a crab stew"

The small women barely raised her head while she sorted through the cabbage.

"Who wants it."

The boy lifted his head revealing himself as Sunggyu.

"Just a friend of Tony's, ajumma."

The women nodded and walked inside the shop. A little while later she reappeared and beckoned them over. 

"He will see you now."

Sunggyu followed her in. Mir fixed his hood and turned to Chansung. "I can't believe that Tony hyung is one of us."

Chansung surveyed the street to make sure that they were not been watched.

"Yeah I know but he has been after Talisman for years now and he is the only one that can help us take the bastard down."

He grabbed Mir's fore arm and pulled him into the shop.

They were taken into a small room. The women bent down and pulled back the dirty looking rug on the floor revealing a trapdoor. Sunggyu turned to Chansung who raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

The women pulled the trapdoor open "He will only be be here for an hour so say what you have to say and then leave,"

 Sunggyu nodded his thanks and climbed down the rusty ladder followed by Chansung and then Mir. The trapdoor closed behind them plunging them into total darkness.

Sunggyu's foot hit the floor and he quickly moved out of the way for the others. He pulled out his phone for the screen light and shined it into the darkness. They appeared to be in a drainage system that had long been out of use.

Mir came up behind him "What a dump, you would think the CEO of TN entertainment would be able to afford better diggs." he laughed at his own joke but Sunggyu merely rolled his eyes and walked off.

Chansung bumped past Mir. ""

Mir just laughed and jogged to catch up. A door at the end of the drainage system opened open flooded the area with yellow light. The three exchanged glances and slipped into the room. 

An old desk sat in the middle of the room and behind it was Tony Ahn, the former member of H.O.T. He leaned forward and ushered the boys forward.

"So I hear that the great and powerful three are going after Talisman. May I ask why?"

Sunggyu stepped forward "The Shadows have gone too far and we are going to take them done once and for all. However we have to start from the bottom and that means we have to take out Talisman, Snake and Nightshade. So Talisman is first and apparently you are the man who knows all about him. "

Tony nodded and steepled his fingers. "I have been after that bastard for fifteen years and each time I get close he slips through my fingers but perhaps you will be able to take him down. Pull a seat up boys this may take a while."

The boys listened intently as Tony told them all he knew about Talisman, how the criminal kingpin operated and how feared he was in the criminal underworld.

"You will have to strike within the next hour. I just got some information from one of my informants that Talisman is in town and he just blew the brains out of a drug dealer for not paying up on time."

He stood and walked over to the cabinet that was stood in the corner. He pulled  open the doors and grabbed a thick envelope. He threw it towards Chansung before he retook his seat.

"In that envelope is all you need to be Moon Han Kyung, a 24 year old con-artist who just conned a hotel out of one million dollars. The Shadows will naturally come for their share of the goods and when they do then you can spring your trap."

Chansung opened the envelope and rifled through the papers. He looked up towards Tony in confusion.

"But who is going to be this Moon Han Kyung? I mean wouldn't he recognize us."

Tony smiled.

"Talisman only listens to classic music so he wouldn't recognize you as idols and he isn't really good with remembering faces anyway except perhaps mine. Now neither Sunggyu nor Mir look like con men but you, Chansung fit the mold perfectly. So therefore Hwang Chansung you will be Moon Han Kyung."

Chansung widened his eyes but accepted that he would be perfect for the job. Sunggyu was surprised at Chansung's acceptance but decided that it wasn't the time to question it.

"So what will Mir and I do?"

Tony smiled "You will meet with Talisman and his cronies in a high rise building in a small little apartment that has only one way in and out of the room. Sunggyu will be the backup who will be holed up in the room next door. Mir I believe you are a good sniper."

Mir nodded and Tony continued "Well then you will be stationed on the opposite building. The plan is Talisman will pitch up with about four heavily armed guards. He will demand his cut. Now I am guessing you want Talisman alive."

Sunggyu nodded "We need him alive for information about the others whereabouts but the guards we don't need."

Tony nodded "Then here is the plan." 

 

Chansung paced the small room, it had a few pieces of old furniture and the one wall had an old faded painting of a pot of flowers hanging of it that the former tenants had left behind. The wallpaper that covered the mould riddled walls was a pale blue and was peeling in certain places. The place gave Chansung the creeps.

A shrill noise shot through the air which made him jump, he pulled out his cell phone and put it against his ear. It was Tony.

"Okay I had one of my informants spread the news around that Moon Han Kyung just hit the big load. Talisman is one his way, he will be there within the next few minutes. The minute you have him in position you give the word, Mir will take the guards out and Sunggyu will come up from behind and hit him with the sleeper dart. Call me when you are done. Good luck kiddo."

 

Sunggyu pushed the ear bud into his ear making sure that he could hear both the others and in which he could communicate with them.

He was unsure of this plan. Something in his gut told him that it  would end badly. He pulled out his gun for the fifth time and made sure that is was fully loaded. He holstered it and leaned up against the wall. He hoped that his gut feeling was nothing more than undigested food, he pushed back the reminder that he hadn't eaten much since that morning.

 

Mir unlatched the case that held his beloved sniper rifle. He pulled out the Barrett .50 cal rifle. The insanely powerful rifle had been a present from his mother for his 18th birthhday. Sometimes he loved been the child of super spies.

He stood in a stance so that he could attach the muzzle brake to the end of the barrel when his phone rang. Without looking at the caller id he answered.

"Mirea it is me Seungho. Are you free to talk."

Mir looked at his watch "Yeah but I can't talk for long. Is everything okay? Did something happen?" 

Seungho giggled slightly "Yeah don't worry we are still safe and sound."

Suddenly his voice took on a solemn tone. "

I just want to talk about you and us... you know... about you leaving. I know that now is probably not the best time but I don't want something bad to happen and then we never have the opportunity to tell you how much you mean to us. I know that we still have a long way to go to proving that we are sincere in wanting to get closer to you. Please give us a chance, don't leave us Mir. We need you, you are the glue that holds us together and without you MBLAQ will not last."

Mir sighed on the other side of the phone. He was scared to trust them again but Sunggyu had been right, he still had a responsibility to them and if he was truly honest with himself he wanted to give them another chance, he wanted them to be close not to mention the kiss with Joon earlier that morning had been promising. 

"Seungho hyung. It will take a while but I think that perhaps we can be close. All I want is for you guys to care about me, I want you guys to involve me and treat me like one of the team. I don't want to leave but what happens in year when you guys have forgotten all about this, will you guys forget about me again."

"I promise that won't happen. We love you Mir we just took you for granted"

Mir sighed and looked out the window down towards the street. He saw that a Black SUV had pulled up outside the opposite building and Talisman had just climbed out.

"Sorry hyung I have to go, We will speak later." 

He hung up and pressed the button in his ear.

"Sunggyu hyung. Talisman just arrived, mission is ago."

Sunggyu replied back "Roger that. Prep yourself."

Mir lay on his stomach and readied himself. He pressed his eye against the scope and sighted down the room. He would sit and wait until Chansung gave the signal. 

 

"Chansung be advised Talisman is en route I repeat Talisman is en route."

Usually Chansung would have teased Sunggyu about the way he spoke over the ear comm, how formmal he always was but as he felt his heart start to race he couldn't find the humour to do so. "Roger that."

He looked towards the briefcase that held the Shadow's cut of the fake loot. Naturally the money was counterfeit which Tony had generously supplied. He fiddled with his gun that was snugly tucked into the back of his jeans. Taking a deep breath he waited for the knock.

Time seemed to pass painfully slow, almost to the point where Chansung was certain that the the sound of his clock was actually slowing down. Suddenly he heard it. 

TIP TAP

The sound of some ones knuckles rapping against the door sounded out. Chansung took a deep breath to calm his nerves as he edged towards the door. Grasping the handle, he pulled it down and the door swung open.

"Talisman, I have been expecting you. Please come in."

He stood to the side to allow the tattooed man and his guards past. Chansung sized them up as they did. As Tony had said Talisman had brought four guards each heavily armed. Talisman himself carried only one weapon a golden, bejewelled Desert Eagle. Chansung walked back towards the briefcase which had been positioned directly by the old wooden table. When the bullets started to fly then Chansung would use the table as cover.

Talisman walked into the kitchen but stopped just shy of the window. He looked around the room with a look of utter disgust on his face.

"What a delightful little hole you have here."

Chansung pulled a face "Well thankfully with the money I procured last night, I can hopefully upgraded. I was thinking some where warm like Hawaii or the Caribbean."

Talisman nodded "Well that will be a little hard now won't it. What was your name again Moon Han Kyung!" 

Talisman began to pace the room just out of range of the window. Mir's voice appeared in Chansung's ear over his comm.

"Dammit Chansung get them into position. I can't shot at thin air."

Chansung rolled his eyes but continued to listen to what Talisman had to say and the man's next words almost made his heart stop.

"The thing is Moon Han Kyung, I wonder how you could possibly do anything with fake money."

 Chansung's eyes widened in fear, how did he know?

Talisman rushed forward and grabbed the front of Chansung's shirt. 

"You morons have no idea who you are messing with. That Tony Ahn has been using the same goddamn informants for years now, does he not think that we wouldn't know who they are. I did my research too boy, I know who you really are... Hwang Chansung and let me tell you something. Evil will always win, the good are held back by rule and regulations and that makes you weak!" 

He pulled the gun out of his holster just as Chansung was about to shout out the signal word but Talisman was fast. He put his hand over Chansung's mouth effectively covering it with his bony, cold fingers. He dragged the gun across Chansung's cheek who tried to move his head away from the contact. 

"Sssh now little one. It is time you learn't a lesson."

He put his finger on the trigger.

"Goodbye Hwang Chansung."

Chansung closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to come.

 


CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the cliff hanger but I was going to carry on writing but I feel asleep so I decided to leave it here for now and will update as soon as possible. 

Thank you my lovely readers for reading!!