4

The Girl Who Wants Death

Sunhi’s POV

            Day two was boring. Was.

            I got to class five minutes late just to avoid conversation with Sehun and Kai. Everyone stared as I walked to my seat, but at least they wouldn’t be able to talk to me without the teacher getting pissed off. Nearly running out afterwards was fairly easy, and I was able to avoid all those people.

            Really, there wasn’t much trouble for the beginning of the day. The "problem" occurred during lunch. I actually sat down to eat, but outside by a tree.

            And that’s when an extremely tall girl walked towards me, a smile on her face as she sat down in front of me and started eating her lunch.

            I was definitely not interested in talking, so I just kept eating. I thought she’d leave, but she didn’t.

            Half way through, she started talking. “I’m Choi Jinri. But everyone calls me Sulli.” She looked at me expectantly before I hesitantly replied.

            “Choi Sunhi.”

            “Oh, we share the same last name!” She paused, putting down her sandwich and extending her hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

            I shook her hand, just as I did for all the other girls who tried to approach me, and I didn’t initiate any of the conversation.

            “What homeroom class are you in?”

            “4A.”

            “Oh! Sehun and Kai are in that class with you, too. Do you know them?”

            “I met them briefly.”

            “That’s great! Maybe we can all hang out some time.” Pause. “Have you met my friend Park Sunyoung? We all call her Luna. She’s in your homeroom also!”

            I shook my head. Why doesn’t everyone just go by their real names?

            “She’s pretty easy to recognize, with that head of bleached hair!” Sulli laughed. “You should come earlier tomorrow so I can introduce you to her before homeroom.”

            She continued smiling as she ate her sandwich. I was surprised by her willingness to talk to me and introduce me to her friend. Maybe she’ll realize I’m not really friend material.

            “You’re really pretty, you know?”

            I looked up at her as she asked me. “Not really.”

            Sulli laughed. “No, seriously. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were a model or something.”

            “I’m too short.”

            “Not short. Your height is average. You’re very pretty though. I know a lot of girls are already jealous of your looks and you’ve only been here for a day and a half! Plus, you’re not even wearing make-up.”

            I nearly sighed. I didn’t really want to be known as the little, pretty doll. I wish I could’ve stuck with my black clothes.

            She kept talking about random things, like her favorite teachers, what she liked or disliked about her classes, etc. I only nodded every once in a while to show that I was paying some attention to her talking. The entire time, her smile never faltered.

            “It was fun having lunch with you! Tomorrow, you should join a couple friends and I for lunch. It’ll be really fun!” She got up, picking up her lunch bag. “I’ve gotta go because I have to go have a quick meeting with a teacher, but I hope I see you around!” She waved happily and I waved back as she walked away.

            Was she actually willing to be my friend? Someone as happy and talkative as her becoming the friend of someone as depressed and quiet as me?

            It was strange. Unexpected. But it altered my perspective of the school just a bit. Even if it was such a miniscule amount, I couldn’t help but think that maybe it would be possible to make more friends if I would just start appearing less frigid and hostile. That’s the obvious. The difficult part is actually doing that.

 

Kai’s POV

            “Kai, are you still going to the dance studio today? Practice doesn’t start until next week.”

            “Baek, you should know by now that Kai’s literally a dancing machine. Couldn’t stop dancing even if he wanted to!” said Sehun, rolling his eyes.

            “We’re gonna go to the park to play some football (A/N in Asia, football means soccer). You sure you don’t wanna come?” asked Luhan, gesturing to the black and white ball held under his arm.

            I shook my head. “You guys go ahead.”

            “But then we won’t have an even number!”

            “D.O. doesn’t play that often. He’ll probably just watch anyways.”

            Lay sighed. “Just don’t kill yourself. I’ll come to practice with you tomorrow.”

            “See you guys.” I waved before walking away from the four of them. Our “group” or “clique” or whatever you wanna call it was a huge group of twelve guys that everyone likes to call EXO. From what I’ve heard, they call us EXO ‘cause we seem completely “extraterrestrial” to them. So, out of this planet. Never really understood why it stuck, but it did.

            I got to the dance studio and changed into some black and white, striped, baggy sweatpants and a black hoodie, pulling it up over my head before I plugged my phone into the stereo system, playing some music to warm up with.

            About half way through my stretching, the door opened and Sunhi walked in, a bit surprised by the loud music. I smiled slightly. She looked cute when she was surprised.

            She set her blue bag down and sat where she did yesterday, a somewhat tired expression on her face that lit up the moment I stood and began getting into the rhythm of the music.

            I did as I always did, letting the music control my body, but making sure my hood didn’t fly off. It was harder than I thought it would be, but it helped to train my control.

            Every once in a while, I would glance at her, and she had that same sparkle in those dark eyes of hers. It was like lighting up a dark cave that was hiding precious jewels. Too bad this light didn’t seem to be so bright that it would reveal some emotions.

            In the middle of dancing, I began wondering why I didn’t want her to know it was me. Maybe it was because I didn’t want her to leave. But why wouldn’t I? And why would she leave if she knew it was me? Maybe she feels comfortable knowing that she doesn’t know who I am and she thinks I don’t know who she is.

            I was too distracted by these thoughts. And I stupidly tripped over my foot, almost falling. Almost.

            A glance back at Sunhi told me she was slightly surprised, the sparkle almost instantly flashing away when she was snapped out of her “trance”. Her hand covered in surprise.

            I quickly regained footing, clearing my head before continuing. But everything felt slightly stiff now, and when I glanced at Sunhi, she seemed to notice it. She became slightly disinterested, but was she confused? Her eyes were dark again, covering her thoughts and emotions.

            Trying to ignore her, I completely cleared my thoughts, only listening to the music and barely concentrating on my dancing.

            I heard a ringtone go off, a shuffling, then the click of the door and I flicked my eyes towards it, the sight of a pale blue bag disappearing behind the door confirming that Sunhi just left.

            I pulled off my hood, sweating more than I thought I was and I took off the jacket. Weird girl. But now, things are a bit more interesting than I originally thought they were. Maybe I’ll keep up this little game with her. 


Good? Not good? Please comment feedback :)

If you like it so far, please subscribe ^.^ (wouldn't mind an upvote either, but it seems too soon ><"")

Thanks so much for reading and please look forward to the next chapter :D

~DespisedSecret