Chapter 6: Your voice

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silvia woke up and saw no one but Kai beside her reading manga. Kai felt her gaze towards him and stopped reading to give the girl his killer smile a long with a “Sleep well?” Kai helped her sit up. “It’s time for your medicine though.” He said and Silvia pouted the moment she read the word ‘medicine’ on his mouth making Kai smile. “I knew you’d do that.” He said and reached for the small cup filled with white bitter fluid. He smelt it and scrunched his nose before standing up and went to the bathroom with the small cup and as expected, he went back with an empty one.

 

In all of EXO, Kai was the one who let her skip drinking the fluid. Because he knows, everyone knows that that medicine the hospital was giving her was not to make her life span longer but for the people to have an ease feeling, the feeling or belief that she’ll live a little bit longer with that. It was human nature. To believe at lies when there’s no more hope left instead of acceptance.

He’s the only one who secretly throws the medicines whenever he and Silvia were alone. He kept on doing that not because he’s already accepting the fact that she’ll disappear one day, but because he wants her to not suffer anymore. To at least take away that burden of drinking bitter fluids that does nothing to her body.

 

“Thanks Kai-ah.” She wrote on her tablet and Kai gave her a wink as a welcome. “You escaped?” she asked and Kai threw her a pout. “Do you think that every time we visit you, we have to escape?” he asked with a pout making the girl guilty. But then, he chuckled and lay on the bed with his head on the girl’s lap as he resumed reading. “Yeah, I escaped.” He admitted earning a playful slap on his arm from Silvia.

Silvia let him stay on that position as they both enjoy the moment, it may be their last or maybe not but one thing’s for sure. They will make the best out of every second left in her.

Comfortable silence filled the room as Kai read his manga while Silvia played with the idol’s hair. “Silvia noo-naa ~ ” Kai said as he listened to himself while Silvia remained unresponsive because of not being able to hear the faint voice. “Silvia noona.” He repeated. “Noona Silvia.” Again and again as he want to shout her name and sob but stopped himself knowing it will sadden the girl. He felt his heart is going to explode anytime and break down from the sadness and the longing. She was beside him, so close, but so far away. And the thought that one day, she will be farther made him crazy.

Then, he sat up and met with the girl’s startled eyes. “Noona.” He called and Silvia blinked at him. “Would you dance with me?” he asked and Silvia blinked a few more times. Dance?

“I’ll help you, trust me, ne?” he said and Silvia, hesitantly nodded.

Kai helped the girl out of the bed and wrapped his arm around the girl’s waist as he took his phone and earphones with his other hand. He plugged the earphones and placed one on Silvia’s ear and one on his. He raised the volume into its maximum and played a song.

Close your eyes, 

Let me tell you all the reasons why 

I think you’re one of a kind. 

Here’s to you, 

The one that always pulls us through, 

You always do what you gotta do, 

You’re one of a kind, 

Thank God you’re mine. 

You’re an angel dressed in armor, 

You’re the fear in every fight, 

You’re my life and my safe harbor 

Where the sun sets every night. 

And if my love is blind I don’t wanna see the light. 

It’s your beauty that betrays you, 

Your smile gives you away. 

Cause you’re made of strength and mercy 

And my soul is yours to save. 

I know this much it’s true, 

When my world was dark and blue 

I know the only wan who’ll rescue me is you. 

Close your eyes, 

Let me tell you all the reasons why 

You’ll never gonna have to cry 

Because you’re one of a kind. 

Yeah, here’s to you, 

The one that always pulls us through 

You always do what you gotta do, baby, 

Because you’re one of a kind. 

When your love pulls down on me 

I know I’m finally free 

So I tell you gratefully 

Every single beat in my heart 

Is yours to keep. 

Close your eyes, 

Let me tell you all the reasons why 

You’ll never gonna have to cry 

Because you’re one of a kind. 

Yeah, here’s to you, 

The one that always pulls us through 

You always do what you gotta do, baby, 

Because you’re one of a kind. 

You’re the reason why I’m breathing 

With the little look my way, 

You’re the reason that I’m feeling 

It’s finally safe to stay.

 

Kai moved them two slowly and gently along with the song, yes, the loud volume makes him almost deaf but he didn’t mind while Silvia hears the song like it was on its minimum volume but didn’t mind.

Kai held her hand with his right and while the other was wrapped on her waist as they move with the music enjoying it like there’s no tomorrow. They were just dancing or should I say rocking mildly as they listen to the music and enjoy their last moments together. Little did the girl know, that the song reveals the idol’s heart, the heart she cannot hear. Kai leaned closer to her ear and smiled bitterly. “I’ll be right here, my angel.” He murmured. “’Til the end.” A tear fell down his eye.

 

 

The EXO members were in their dressing room for a recording in Music Bank and they were talking who was the next one to spend time with Silvia. Up until now, their schedules were full and they have to let one escape as they others covers for each other.

“So, who’s going this time?” Baekhyun asked and the boys except for Chen, Kai, Kris and Sehun fought for the chance. “I want to go!!” Chanyeol said. “Jinjja jinjja. I’ll become your slave forever just let me go this time.” Tao begged. “No, shut up Tao. It’s my turn.” Luhan argued. “No, I’m the eldest and I say it’s my turn.” Xiumin told. “But what about me?” Suho mumbled. “I’m the leader though.” They all fought for the chance while the others stayed quiet. Even Lay was joining the fight. But then, the door opened and the managers entered.

“Kris, after the recording, you can go. The radio program will be for Baekhyun, Chen, D.O and Luhan while the others do the variety show.” The manager said and they all fell silent looking at Kris before they started whining on how it was unfair while Kris stiffened. “I’ll drive you to the hospital after this so prepare yourself.” The manager added and Kris didn’t even nod.

“I’m not going.” The leader said silencing the whole room again. All looked at him with confused eyes and he just shrugged and pretended to play with his phone that was long dead. “Wae?!” Tao asked in behalf of the gang. “Don’t you want to see her?” Lay asked with a frown. “You know we’ll kill just to have your place, right?” Baekhyun added.

Kris stood up and walked towards the door. “I just… don’t want to.” He said and went out of the room. I can’t. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter