Chapter 8: Your voice

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their parent's funeral, the house that was used to be filled with melodies became cold and silent along with the whole neighborhood as they wept for the sisters’ sad fate. Aria woke up from her coma and became almost a human vegetable because of it, but managed to get back on her foot with the encouragement of her older sister.

It took them a while until they can touch the instruments again and sing. They started at playing the cello their father made for them for their birthday, two identical white cellos with a tone that perfectly matched the girls. The last instruments their father has made for them. They played with them for a month, their sadness reflecting to their music, two crying cellos, weeping of longing and emptiness as the whole neighborhood as well, cried and every time it rained made it worst as if the heaven were crying as well. 

 

In time, their music slowly got back on track and improved by themselves as the two matured. The two resumed their studies with the guardian of their father's brother who took care of them like they were his own and just like the old times, they spend their time together, them and their music. They don't play random instruments anymore as often as the old days as they've grown attached to the cellos. They occasionally play their father's guitar and sang along with the random strums making a song but that's about it.

 

When Aria graduated middle school, she became stronger and healthier. Silvia then, decided to pursue her dreams of becoming a musician even if it’ll only be for a short amount of time. And with the help of their uncle, she was sent to Korea to learn and work as a violinist for a boy band.

Aria was saddened by her sister's leave but she knew she couldn’t be selfish after what they had been through and let her sister do what she wanted forgetting the death line for the elder. Well, she didn't forget it; she just kept on hoping that a miracle would happen for her and for her sister. And with that, Silvia went to Korea while her sister, Aria, stayed behind in Vancouver to finish her studies. It has been another two years since that happened and now, the sisters met again because of a call coming from Korea saying that a violinist named Yang Silvia was hospitalized for cancer and that only has less than a week to live.

Aria was petrified by the news, rushed to Korea to meet her sister. All this time, the impossible miracle she hoped for and believed in, failed her. Not that she blamed anyone in particular because it was her own choice to believe such rubbish. And now, the sisters were again put to test. Who will live? And who will die?

 

 

It has been 2 years and EXO made their way as one of the kings in the k-pop industry. Their friendship was stronger than ever as they work their hardest in everything.

 

"Is everything set?" Noh manager asked the twelve and the stylist. "All good." The head stylist said as the boys went out of the dressing room. Today, they will perform to promote their 3rd single in Inkigayo, plus, a special stage.

The 12 went upstage for the rehearsal and did their job perfectly. As usual, Kai and Lay dominated the dance part while the vocals and the raps were flawless showcasing their experience of it.

 

Meanwhile, a girl was watching them backstage, long grayish-brown hair and dark coloredeyes fierce as ever, courage written all over it. She watched with her arms crossed studying every part of the performance; how they breathed, their position, their expressions and how they took time to prepare to hit the perfect notes. The performance finished and the girl smiled, contented at the performance. 

Then, a man approached the girl. "Aria-ssi, are you ready?" It was CAP manager, EXO's manager. The girl turned and gave the manager a smile. "Nee." She replied brightly before walking back to the parking lot, all the way to the van, remembering the unique performance. GEURAE OOLF NAEGA OOLF! "Awwwooo." She howled on the parking lot before laughing her off. 

 

The 12 finished their job and went to change for another event. They wore another one of their stage outfits and went to the parking lot with their manager. "So, we're just going to sing Peter pan and Baby don't cry?" Chen asked and the manager nodded. "You guys have another thing to do though.” Seunghyun manager said getting the boys attention. "Ever heard of an elite trainee before?" He asked and the boys kept quiet to think.

"Isn't it those special trainees that have a high level of almost everything that they can even surpass even the legendary idols?" Suho asked. "Oh, that. I almost got myself in that training. But I chose to debut so I didn't become one." Chen told and Baekhyun went to them. "Me too, but since I was itching to debut... we are one." He told earning ‘gross’ and ‘ewws’ from the guys.

"Well, what about them?" Sehun asked, impatient and moody as always. Ever since Silvia died, he has been cold as ice and no one dared to break it. "You're going to meet one today." Noh manager said making the boys excited except Sehun. "But not because of dates or anything like that." He added. "You guys will follow her and take a peak of what kind of life does a special trainee have. Soo Man wants you guys to write a report about it and he'd love to read them." CAP continued making the boys grunt. 

"Mwoyah, are we in high school or something? Write a report. We’re freaking idols!" Xiumin nagged. "I know right. We're hallyu star, hyung. HALLYU!" Chanyeol added and the other members agreed. The managers just sighed and led them to the parking lot, "Just do it for the old man, I'm sure he's up to something so you guys just follow." Seunghyun told and the boys just sighed.

But then, as they get close to their van, a frown came across their face as they saw a girl lying on its roof playing with some sort of ball. A girl with long brown-grayish hair, petite figure and white pale skin that looked oh-so-familiar but different at the same time, that hair color, it reminded them of one person a person they swore to never forget for the rest of their lives.

 

Sehun froze on the ground as he looked at the girl, his heart thumping faster than ever, reminding that his heart was still intact in him. It has been a long time since he felt like breathing and it’s all because of the thought that the girl in front of them resembles a certain person. The only person that will make his heart beat

 

Silvia.

 

 

Two years before (Silvia's death)

 

The doctors went inside Silvia's room to deliver the news concerning her younger sister. *How's Aria? Where is she? What happened?* she looked at them with a worried face. The doctors sighed and took a pen and notebook to communicate to the girl as they were aware of her situation. "She will die in 20 hours if we don't replace her heart." The doctor went straight to the point as they were running out of time.

 

Silvia's world shattered reading those words and looked at them to continue. "We couldn't find a heart donor that match her blood type but we would like to propose something." The doctor wrote and Silvia nodded as soon as she finished reading for them to continue. "You both are a match." The doctor said and she immediately captured what they meant. And without any thoughts, she nodded at them holding onto her chest. Live for me Aria.

 

Silvia was on her way to the operating room lying on a wheeled bed as the nurse pushed the bed on the hallways. I won't live long anyway. She said and closed her eyes, trying to make herself feel better for not telling her sister about this. She knew Aria will be devastated once she knew about this but it’s the only way to save her.

I'm sorry for not asking for your permission, Aria-yah and for not being able to say goodbye. Sehun-ah, oppas, I’m sorry to you guys as well but I have to do this, or my sister will die. She's still young and I can see her filled with dreams and hopes. I'm sure she'll hate me for this but I guess this is what's best for her and my parents would want me to do.

With this heart, I can give her a chance to like a normal person, live the way she always wanted: to run, to laugh freely, and to weep when needed and to love. To witness and feel that exotic feeling Sehun and I shared, I hope my sister gets to feels that as well.

 

I won't stop loving until this heart stop beating, Sehun-ah. And we’ll meet again someday. Goodbye.

 

 

Aria woke up with an aching chest and found herself in a room just like her sister's.  she tried to sit up but her body was too weak. What happened? And where's Silvia? she asked herself as she tried to remember what happened. Another heart attack. She told herself as she recalled the pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter