Chapter 1: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years before (Silvia's death)

~ Let's have some scenarios ~

 

Kris had to take care of some travelling papers and went to their office with his manager. The manager told him to wait outside first leaving him with the umbrella and the rain. He stared into space and his thoughts wandered off to somewhere again. I still can’t believe you’re gone. He thought as he watched the rain drops die on the ground. Are you happy to wherever you are? He asked and the cold wind gently blew around him. The next time we meet, I’ll make sure to take good care of you. he promised and went in to the building on the manager’s call.

 

Meanwhile, Xiumin had to attend an individual interview for a magazine along with some coworkers in their company. The mood was lively and everyone was smiling to the camera. But then, there’s Xiumin engulfed by his own thoughts. You’ll always be in my heart.

“Xiumin-ssi?” the reporter snapped him out of his daze. “Oh, nee.” He put on his fake smile and continued the interview with a heavy heart.

 

Tao attended a graduation event of a university as a guest and stood on stage watching the teachers give the diplomas to the graduates. He was smiling widely but his heart was wrecked as never before. And without him realizing, he just felt his cheeks wet in tears and wiped it quickly and continued smiling while the students who witnessed the scene mistook it as tears of joy.

 

Lay and Chen both had the same schedule. They weren’t talking to each other and just stayed in the waiting room in silence until they were called for the recording. They were scheduled to film for a variety show and as professional as they are, they hid their agony well and replaced it with fake laughed and smiles along with some jokes that made the filming mood brighter. They would doze off once in a while but by elbowing each other secretly, they managed to not make it noticeable.

 

Luhan, who had a solo performance for a show did his very best. And with the song matching his mood and the things he and his brothers are going through right now, he managed to pour all his emotions to the performance taking the breaths of the viewers.

As he sang, memories of Silvia and him, spending their time together in the hospital watching cartoons as they lay on the single bed with snack on their lap, replayed in his head; Those times, where Silvia still had the ability to hear and laugh at the funny moments of the video while he watched her sweet sound of laughter, enjoying every second of it and making sure he’d remember it for an eternity.

 

After singing his heart out, he bit his lips to prevent on breaking down and kept his head bow as he bowed to everyone until he made his way down the stage. Be with us always, Silvia-yah.

 

Then, there’s Chanyeol who had to replace a sunbae’s absence to a radio show. He went out of the van and opened the umbrella to keep him from getting soak from the rain. He then looked up in the sky as he felt that it was crying in behalf of him. Don’t be too sad, Chanyeol-ah. Silvia will feel guilty if you do. He said to himself and walked towards the main door when a cold gentle breeze blew behind him making him turn around to found nothing.

A small smile made its way to his lips and he made a small nod to nothing. Chanyeol’s not okay for now. But he will, in time. Don’t worry, Silvia-yah.

 

Suho was a guess in an opening of an art gallery and as usual, he managed to hide his true feelings and smiled the whole time. The staffs made him do a hand print on pink cement and smiled at the camera as he does so. We will be okay, Silvia. Not now, but we will be.

 

Kai had his back injury on the run and the managers decided to let him stay in the dorm to rest. He was silent as ever before and the managers would hear sniffles from him once in a while as he hid his face with his cap.

As soon as they reached the dorms, Kai went out of the car and went inside without waiting for the managers and not minding the cold rain land on him. He felt the rain immediately soak his body as he walked towards the main door. It’s cold, but not as cold as my heart.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was in an award ceremony to receive their group’s award in behalf of the other members. He felt awkward standing in the red carpet alone not to mention, smile and pretend that nothing was wrong. I can do this. He said to himself and did a small nod. For Silvia.

 

Kyungsoo, the mom of the group was in the recording studio in the midst of making an OST for a drama. He was in his own world as the producers and song writers discussed the details of the song, his eyes still hurting and his breath with occasionally shakes as he tried to hold in his cries. Be strong, Kyungsoo-yah, that girl will get sad if you keep this up. He scolded himself but failed miserably as he stayed dazed the whole time.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun was in the middle of a photo shoot, he could hear the photographer’s instructions and he will follow it. But his expression remained unchanged as he ached and think of the biggest loss that happened in his life. He would do anything just to get her back and held her one more time, but as much as he wanted that to happen, he know it was impossible.

He turned his gaze somewhere else to hide his teary eyes and saw a window from a far. It was raining heavily outside, the perfect picture of his heart right that moment, cold and lonely…lifeless…I'm cold, Silvia.  My heart stopped with yours.

 

 

Present time

The girl felt gazes towards her and turned to see 16 eyes on her. She bolted up on the van making the others gasp at her rash movements. 

"Oh, I'm sorry; I was bored and thought that I could just wait up here." Aria said and sat down on the roof again with her legs hanging on the windshield on the van and slid down with a flawless landing while the boys almost lost their hearts thinking the girl will land on the ground and broke all her bones. "I'm all ready now." She giggled and went in to the van skipping happily while they watched her blinking once in a while. 

"Uh, what was that?" Kris asked breaking the silence. "Nooo, idea." Luhan told. "We're running late. Get in guys." The manger snapped them from their daze and went to the driver's seat.

Sehun rolled his eyes at the girl and followed his hyungs in to the van, his mood in its lowest level. Who am I kidding? That girl is nowhere near my Silvia.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." The girl greeted the boys as soon they entered the ride and they awkwardly greeted her back, still thinking of how she resembled their late friend. "Guys, this is Aria. The elite trainee I'm talking about and Aria-ssi, this is EXO. Thank you for letting us tag with you for the next 24 hours." Noh manager said and the girl chuckled. Her voice was so familiar to the boys, sweet and warmth surrounded it. "No problem, manager-nim. The pay ahjussi offered me is good so thanks to you guys." She told boldly making some of them laugh.

 

After a 15 minute drive, they arrived at the venue and the boys, along with their managers and Aria went directly to the back stage. The boys were awkward with the girl and vice versa. She played with her phone every time while the boys chatted by themselves until they were called to dry rehearsal with the backup performers.

With the invitation of the managers, Aria came along to watch. The background was good. They even hired back up dancers who acts as Peter pan, Wendy and Tinkerbelle, 'flying around in Neverland' effect. She watched the performance and enjoyed watching the backup dancers swinging with the ropes like they were actually flying. But then, the one playing the fairy made a mistake with her stance and fell with a loud thump on the floor followed by a whimper.

The music immediately halted as the 12 and the staffs ran towards the girl who was in great pain. The said dancer was immediately taken to the hospital leaving the people in the venue with a worry and problem of finding another Tinkerbelle. What is Neverland when there’s no tinker fairy to make them fly?

 

The PD of the event sighed as he stared at the incomplete background as the others discussed on how the show must go on while Aria watched the whole scene from the audience's seat with her feet resting on the seat in front of her. "Talk about bad luck." She mumbled to herself as she crossed her arms anticipating watching on what the staff will do now.

Then, she heard the PD shouting, asking people if someone could replace the injured dancer. Aria snorted at the desperate director until she heard the last phrase. "I'll pay a good amount!" And with that, she sprang out of her seat and ran to the stage with her hand raised shouting "I'll do it." plenty of times. 

 

EXO and their managers looked at the girl in shock. Where does this girl get her courage? They asked themselves. The swings were 7 to 10 feet up and she didn't even practice anything and from the seat she was watching, they were sure she saw what happened to the girl who played the part. They were aware of her, belonging to the elite trainee status, but this was too much even for the experts themselves.

The PD looked at her from head to toe before nodding. "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter