Chapter 7: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You all did well girls.” Suho started when he saw the girls settled. “We will do our best to teach you guys what we learned and know. Please take care of us well.” He said on behalf of the group and the girls bowed as thanks. But just when they thought all the awkward moments were gone, after Suho’s speech was followed by a major silence. The EXO members just stood there, looking at each other while the girls tried to hide their laugher.

Then, a grumbling sound was heard and everyone turned to Aria who cursed her stomach for not waiting. GREAT! Just great you stupid, whining intestines! She cursed her stomach for having its own concert in the middle of the awkward moment.

“Oh my god.” Aria covered her face with her palm and everyone laughed. “Sorry, PD-nim told me to eat with you guys so I didn’t eat anything before going here.” She told in her defense that resulted in another set of laugher.

Way to go, Aria.  Good luck showing them your cool side. She mentally kicked herself as they laughed. She saw Sehun, from the corner of her eyes, laughing along too that somehow lifted her spirits up.

 

“Let’s eat then!” Suho told and everyone cheered.

“Don’t worry Aria. We’re all hungry too.” Chanyeol, who couldn’t hide his comfortable behavior towards the old friend, said as they went out of the practice room. Well, he still considered her as a friend even though thing didn’t end well the last time they parted and he hope that the girl think the same way.

 

 

At the BBQ restaurant…

 

D.O and Seul Gi were the ones grilling the meat while the others ate busily especially Kai and Aria. The two ate fast and deliciously that the others looked at them eat.

“Won’t you gain weight if you eat too much?” Seul Gi asked Aria. She was busily grilling meat while this girl was busy eating all her hard work. “That’ll be better. That way I could donate blood.” Aria replied and put some more meat on the grill, helping Seul Gi. She was just too hungry.

“You want to what?” Tao asked and Aria put some meat in before replying. “I want to donate blood. But the nurse told me I can’t because I’m too light.” She explained and everyone nodded. “Why do you want to donate blood?” Chen asked.

“…Because when I was little, I was sick the whole time to the point where I needed blood transfer. My parents were so worried back then because the hospital doesn’t have any blood and ended up giving their own for me.” She said.

“That sounded like a vampire story.” Kris tried to go in to the conversation and Aria smiled at him. “I know right.” The girl said surprising Kris but at the same time, easing his self-consciousness. He was afraid Aria hasn’t forgiven him yet.

“But what kind of blood type do you have? AB?” Luhan asked and Aria nodded. “Just like Suho and Tao.” he added and Aria reached her hand to the two for high-5.

“Positive or Negative?” she asked Suho. “Positive.” The older replied and she turned to Tao who also said positive. “I’m negative.” She said and they nodded.

“AB blood types in general are not easy to find. But they said negatives are much more difficult.” Suho said and Aria agreed. “That’s why I have to eat more. I don’t want my kind dying.” She joked and everyone chuckled.

 

“Okay then.” Seul Gi chuckled at Aria as she put some more meat on Aria’s plate. “Eat and give them blood, Aria.” She told and Aria nodded with a smile. “Thanks unnie.” “You should eat too. I’ll grill.” She said but Seul Gi just shook her head. “It’s okay. I got it.” Aria is not that bad. But if she eats like this all the time, she’ll gain weight. Seul Gi thought. “But won’t you gain weight?” she asked and Aria shook her head.

“I don’t think so. I’ve been eating like this since… uhm…2 years ago? And yeah… I’m still like this.” She said and everyone nodded in interest.

 

Seul Gi

“She eats too much but doesn’t gain weight. I’m jealous.” She confessed jokingly. “That’s why I chose to grill the meat because I didn’t want to eat a lot.”

 

Aria

“The meat was great.” She said awkwardly. Seriously, I hate this individual interview thingy. “And I think unnie should eat more. She’s skinny. But she’s still pretty.” She added just to say something.

 

Kai

“Aria ate almost the same amount of meat like mine.” he said in surprise. “I think Aria and I won’t get along well because we’ll fight over the last piece of meat. But then again, I’m her mentor so I should have a giving heart.” He chuckled. “It’s different when it comes to chicken though.” He joked.

 

Sehun

“She (Aria) eats just like us (EXO members).” He stated. “But she eats like a girl at the same time even though the amount is of a grown up dancer like me.” He laughed. I’m glad she hasn’t changed a bit.

 

Lay

“Aria, I think she’s a very transparent person.” Just like in the past. “I think we’ll get along well.”

 

“What about you Seul Gi?” Baekhyun asked and the girl blinked at him before answering. “I’m A type.” “Please don’t ask about the weight.” She added and everyone just laughed.

 

Seul Gi

“Yeah, I weight more than Aria and Da Hyun.” She said embarrassed. “But I’m older.” She defended herself.

 

After supper, they went back to the dorms and rest because EXO have schedule the next day. But before going to bed, the mentors made sure to give the three something to do while their gone which was to do a team presentation, singing and dancing at the same time, the typical idol presentation. And with that, the mentors and the trainees’ first filming ended.

 

 

The next morning, Seul Gi woke up first and went to do stretching which was her morning routine. After washing up, she did some exercise in the practice room while the two were still asleep.

Then, after an hour, 8 am, Da Hyun woke up and went to drink a glass of water and washed up. She saw Seul Gi already in the practice room.

 

“Unnie, have you eaten breakfast?” the younger asked and Seul Gi turned to her. “Oh, Da Hyun-ah. No I haven’t. Is Aria awake?” she asked and Da Hyun cutely rubbed her eyes, shaking her head. “Not yet. Want me to cook something?” Da Hyun asked and Seul Gi smiled. “I’ll help you.” And with that, the two trainees went to the kitchen to cook.

 

Not long after, Aria woke up and directly went to the bathroom to shower. Then, Da Hyun and Seul Gi offered her breakfast which the girl happily accepted.

“So what do you guys have in mind for the assignment?” Seul Gi asked and Aria shrugged. “We can do anything you guys want. I’m all for it.” she said.

“How about 2ne1?” Seul Gi asked and Da Hyun excitingly agreed. “I like 2ne1 sunbaenims.” Da Hyun told and Aria nodded. “2ne1 it is then.” She said and the three finished their breakfast and went to do their task.

 

The three struggled with the bench moving but they managed to get the hang of it. In the end, the three decided on doing 2ne1’s ‘Clap your hands’. Aria did the rap, Da Hyun for the verses while Seul Gi did the chorus and backup vocals.

At first, they decided to watch the video performance first and after that, they tried to dance it. It took Aria watching five times to finally get the choreography and the rap together without looking at the video which surprised the two trainees.

 

Seul Gi

“Is that even possible?” she asked in disbelief. “She just sat there with us and watched the video of like 5 times and then stood up and did her part.” “Maybe she learnt the song in the past.” She assumed.

 

Da Hyun

“Aria unnie is a very fast learner.” Da Hyun praised. “Or maybe she learned the dance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter