Chapter 6: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her hair was now black and she looked… stronger? They couldn’t explain it but something was different.

 

Aria entered the room and was surprised to see EXO in there. The girl quickly regretted her decision and wanted to go back but it was too late now. Aria, you’re so stupid for not asking those bald ahjussis who’s the idols teaching you. The cameras already recorded her when she entered the elevator and there’s no turning back. Quickly hiding her regret, Aria came in and greeted everyone, acting like she has never met them.

EXO too immediately hid their shock and greeted back like this was their first meeting. Sehun though froze on his spot that was misinterpreted by the staff as nervousness.

 

“Oh, Annyeonghaseyo.” Aria went in. “I’m the third trainee, Yang Aria.” She introduced herself and the rest introduced their selves to her as well.

“I’m Park Seul Gi and this is Da Hyun.” Seul Gi bowed at her and Aria bowed back aware of Da Hyun’s stares at her.

After the quick introductions, the living room was again become an awkward hole.

 

Seul Gi

“It was kind of awkward between the teachers and us.” She chuckled as she remembered the silent moments that time. “But at least, Da Hyun and I aren’t awkward at each other anymore since we met each other yesterday and kind of know each other now. It’s different in Aria’s case though since we didn’t have the chance to talk yet.”

“The teachers did their best to ease the tension but it was just too awkward. But we’ll work on that one, right?” She asked with hopeful eyes.

 

Da Hyun

She blushed upon hearing the question and remembered the awkward moment. “We were just too awkward and I was too nervous that Seul Gi unnie did all the talking.” she confessed. “So I was really thankful.”

 

Chen

“I thought I was going to die out of nervousness that day.” he said. “It was just too awkward, I just couldn’t.”

 

“So, we’re all here?” Suho asked and they all nodded followed by silence until Chanyeol stood up to get the mission card from the staffs. The staffs and the PD decided to stay for the first day to give the boys and the trainees, advice on how to ease the awkward atmosphere.

After all, the show was a ‘reality type’ and the PD planned on just sending EXO the mission card and present it to the trainees.

 

“I’ll read our first mission then.” Chanyeol told and the others agreed. “Please introduce yourselves one by one to formalize the first day of idol academy.” He read as the others listened.

 

“Who’ll start?” Kai asked. “Since you’re at the end and you asked, you should start.” D.O told and everyone smiled at his thinking.

“Okay then.” Kai chuckled nervously before starting with a bow. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m EXO’s Kai. I’m 20 years old; my hobbies are sleeping, dancing and playing games. I’m in change of dance.” He said and everyone clapped for him and got followed by D.O. “I’m EXO’s D.O. I’m 21. I like watching movies—“ “—and tennis animation.” Chanyeol added and they all laughed. D.O was about to punch Chanyeol but the taller was fast and already changed seats. He looked at the taller with a ‘you’ll see later’ and continued his introduction with “And I’m in charge of singing.”“I’m EXO’s maknae, Sehun. I like playing basketball with the hyungs and I’m on the dance group.” Sehun told as D.O finished and followed by the other members.

 

Then, it was the trainees’ turn and the teachers got all excited, willing to learn about their students and if they can, know what Aria was doing there and how she has been.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Seul Gi, I’m 21. I like playing the piano and singing. My hobbies are watching movies, exercising and listening to music. Please take good care of me.” She told and everyone gave her an applause making her blush.

“How many years have you been training?” Baekhyun asked and the trainee shyly replied “Five years.”

 

Next one was Da Hyun. She was shaking and looked at Seul Gi for help and the guys quickly understood that she was shy.

“It’s okay, Da Hyun-ssi. Just say whatever you want.” Xiumin comforted the girl and she nodded.

“A-annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Da Hyun, I’m 19.” She said and everyone nodded.

“She’s younger than our Sehunnie.” Luhan told and smiled at their new maknae.

“I’m good at dancing.” She said and got Lay and Kai’s attention. “I play the piano, violin and I sing and rap a little.” She said and the others were impressed at the young girl while Seul Gi became nervous. I never knew the other trainees will be this talented. Seul Gi told herself. I’ve got to watch out from them.

“How many years have you been training, Da Hyun-ssi?” Suho asked. “This is going to be my 4th year training.” She said and everyone nodded in interest while Sehun glanced secretly at Aria who had her full attention focused on Da Hyun. “Please take good care of me.” Da Hyun bowed again and the teachers smiled at her.

 

“Okay, next?” Suho said to Aria. Where have you been all this time?

Aria smiled at them and bowed. my life. “Sorry for my late entrance earlier. I’m Yang Aria, turning 20 this year.” She started. And you all know that.

 I think we all know that already, Aria. EXO thought.

“I dance, compose music, play musical instruments and rap.” She told and the boys just nodded, some pretended to be impressed when they already know. “My hobbies are making mash-ups, sleep, and eat… sleep.” She said awkwardly and everyone laughed.

She’s still the Aria we know. Kris laughed along despite of the surprise he got earlier.

“How many years have you been training?” Chanyeol asked this time, pretending. “One year and six months?” she unsurely replied and they chorused an ‘Oh’ followed by silence.

Aria then nodded, not having anything to say. “Yeah…We’re so awkward… I’m gonna die.” She muttered and everyone laughed again. “Nice to meet you, Aria-ssi, Seul Gi-ssi and Da Hyun-ssi. We’re EXO and we’re going to be your mentors starting from today, please take good care of us.” Suho said and the 12 bowed to the three as the three bowed back.

 

Then, the staffs handed them another mission card and Baekhyun was the one who read it this time. “Welcome to idol’s academy.  Now that the students and the teachers know each other, it’s time to know what the trainees are capable of by doing an improvised show and tell.”

“The trainees will be given 30 minutes to prepare for a short performance while the teachers watch them from afar. The trainees could use anything in the practice room and recording studio. Good luck.” He finished reading and the boys all looked at the trainees.

Da Hyun and Seul Gi were obviously nervous while Aria just blinked and was already thinking of what she should do.

 

“Should we go to the practice room now?” Suho asked and everyone nodded except Aria who had no clue where the said room was.

Seul Gi showed Aria their room first and let the girl settle her things before the two went to the practice room. Da Hyun was already sitting beside the speakers and searching for a song to dance while Seul Gi went to the other side and plugged her earphones to listen to the song she was going to sing.

 

Aria then went to the mini recording studio and there connected her phone. She started to play a beat and nodded along with it. But despite that, EXO just watched her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter