Chapter 11: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aria unnie likes to take things slow and calmly while Seul Gi unnie like to do the work seriously. I think sometimes, Seul Gi unnie feels like Aria unnie is not serious about the competition but that’s not really it. Aria unnie just likes to work in her way and she tends to do it faster when she’s relaxed.” The maknae told.

“They don’t fight though.” She added. “It’s just something about their different ways of getting their work done, but it’s not really a big deal.” “Aria unnie is direct in saying what is on her mind and what she believes at while Seul Gi unnie prefers to keep it in her. Aria unnie will approach Seul Gi unnie whenever there are things that need to be cleared though so there isn’t any problem.” She assured and the boys all nodded. Now, the only point of view needed to be heard was Aria’s.

 

But it was all left aside when the practice time started and everyone got busy: EXO with their schedules that day while the three went on with their assignments and they didn’t see each other until the next day.

 

 

The next day the mentors saw the three, their work’s progress have been great. Seul Gi was finished with her song and was now practicing a part she had a difficulty on again and again. She was as always so hard working and her mentors praised her for that. Her confidence was also high and she was smiling all day while Da Hyun did her best and Aria did too despite of the pain caused by her period unknown to others because she hid it very well.

Aria, despite of the pain she was feeling, managed to finish her recording and went to sleep after she got her mentor’s approval.

 

And with that, D-day came.

 

Da Hyun started with her song that impressed the mentors.

Da Hyun was obviously not the singer of the three but the cute and lively song she made changed lots of minds. They could hear a good resemblance of Aria’s gifted song in the song but it was still Da Hyun’s original. Now, the maknae showed the whole nation that the shy girl who loves dancing can also sing and compose a good song.

The presentation ended with everyone cheering except Aria who just clapped. She can’t even stand up without getting dizzy but it never alarmed her because it happens to her every month or every two months. But she was proud of Da Hyun.

Our maknae has grown up pretty fast. She thought and watched Seul Gi confidently go in front and prepared for her turn. You can do it unnie. She cheered for her mentally knowing she was in no condition to cheer at all.

 

“I worked really hard on this song and I hope you guys will like it.” Seul Gi started. “I got help from my mentors in recording since some of the instrumentals demanded a lot. Please listen to our work.” She said and the music started.

 

The song only started but everyone was already impressed and her mentors, Luhan, D.O, Sehun and Kris feel accomplished. All Seul Gi’s hard work has really paid off as this song is an excellent one that it might be confused as a work of a professional.

Seul Gi sung with all her might and the others listened. Aria closed her eyes as she listened to the song and smiled. Good music has always made her feel better and listening to Seul Gi seems to ease her pain.

It was then when she remembered she older sister who sings her to sleep whenever she had her attacks and the chest pain after it was unbearable. Silvia would always stay by her side and sing her a song they made together or play her cello until Aria fell asleep. Then, she would always kiss her head good night and sleep beside her just in case she had attacks again.

 

Aria was in her day dream until Lay nudged her awake telling her it was her turn. The trainee then stood up and smiled at her fellow trainees and apologizing to Seul gi about day dreaming in her performance telling her in all honesty that her song was great. But Seul Gi was still offended thinking that her song made Aria bored to sleep.

 

Getting up in a hurry made her feel really dizzy and the pain came back at her like a stabbing knife. Wanting to finish already, Aria did her best and sung the song she made for her sister.

Hope that you will always be someone who shines brightly.

Saying goodbye with a smile

A little more (sound of ball hitting) Now, it’s goodbye.

Farewell, we’re saying goodbye now.

My love, my precious person.

As hot as the suns rays, you who hugs me.

While looking at you with b eyes, goodbye.

While smiling brightly, oh~ goodbye.

Farewell, precious person.

The beautiful and sparkling you who gives me li—

 

Aria sung with all her heart but when the pain became unbearable, she got distracted and forgot the lyrics of the song making her stop. But then, she managed to get back on track and finished the song nicely but the damage was already done.

 

That night, the evaluation also took place and Seul Gi took the first place with 6 votes while Da Hyun came in second with 4 and Aria with two.

Aria and the others saw that coming though. But for now, Aria didn’t even mind anything but the pain she was feeling and the frustration because she couldn’t sing the song she made for her sister.

 

I can’t even thank her properly. Aria cursed herself as Xiumin and Baekhyun announced the third homework.

The next homework was dance interpretation. They could use any style of dancing and they have a week to practice as usual. Then, the mentors switched trainees for the week’s assignment. Aria went with Kai, Baekhyun, Suho and Xiumin while Seul Gi was with Lay, Chen, Chanyeol, Tao and Da Hyun with Sehun, D.O, Kris and Luhan.

 

After announcing what was reserved for next week, the groups all divided and did what they thought they should do, not wanting to waste any time. Seul Gi’s group who were feeling hyper decided to begin with their next assignment with brainstorming while Da Hyun was watching some videos for ideas.

It was different for Aria though as she went out of the practice room and went to the kitchen preparing tea for her and her mentors who misunderstood her actions. At first, they thought the girl was upset about her coming last in the ranking but Aria looked like she was never bothered by it.

 

Xiumin

“I really don’t know if I should believe what Seul Gi told about Aria. But her actions these past few days are really…” he shook his head. “She looks like she’s already fine.” He added remembering the ‘girl’ month Aria told them about the last two days.

 

Suho

“I think Aria does take this too easy.” He stated. “I’m starting to think that she’s really not taking this seriously.”

 

Kai

“If I were her, I’ll work harder and not sulking coming in last.” He told. “Coming first doesn’t fall out of a tree.”

 

Baekhyun

“She must’ve been really affected by her lost.” He said. “I feel sorry for her and I honestly think that her song is great, it was just the mistake that blew her up.  But this is not the way to deal with it. She’s still in a competition.”

 

Aria

“This always happens. Every month I’ll feel like dying and medicine won’t help.” She told. “I do feel bad about taking the last place but what’s done is done. I need to make myself feel better physically too and start anew with the next challenge.” “I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter