Chapter 4: Your Song

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun smiled as he watched Aria singing. Hearing her voice gave him butterflies in his stomach and he won’t even deny that he missed her even though it was just three weeks that he didn’t see her. Why? He didn’t know. He just likes seeing her, being near her and hearing her voice. He likes seeing her pout whenever he ‘bullies’ her and loves it when he have to make her feel better because the smile she gives off once he succeeds was brighter than any sunshine Sehun has ever seen in his entire life.

When did it happen? He didn’t know. At first, he was just being nice to her for the sake of the show and because he still felt bad when he and his hyungs confused her as Silvia. But then, when he got to know her, he thought she wasn’t that bad at all. Instead, his opinion about her changed. To Oh Sehun, Aria Yang is a very bright and talented girl. Her guts is something you shouldn’t test because she’ll really leave you speechless. She’s also not like the typical girls who likes attention in everything they do and she adopts in every situation very quickly making it easier for her to get his and his hyungs’ hearts.

Yes, Silvia and she have their similarities especially when it comes to their musicality and eyes. He was a bit bothered by it at first and more when they knew the truth about them being sisters.

 

The thing that most touched his heart was Aria’s voice when she said that it was her fault that his sister died. He remembered on how he and s were broken-hearted on Silvia’s death and thought that if they suffered a lot back in the days, how much more this girl who doesn’t have anyone to lean on? At least, for Sehun, he had his manager hyungs, EXO members and family but for Aria, she had no one and the fact that she still blames herself for her sister’s death was something so painful even to just think about.

That was the start when Sehun felt he should treat her better in which he did and made him closer to the girl. He started opening up to her and her to him. Both were comfortable with each other and Sehun was enthralled on how she treats everyone equally. That even though both of them were closer than the other members, Aria would never forget the other trainees or other mentors and take care of them. She’d notice things that Sehun would never know if she wouldn’t cut their conversation and tell him that someone needs her. In those times, Sehun will watch her comfort or take care of them and he couldn’t help but smile.

 

His hyung’s words about confusing Aria from Silvia didn’t leave his mind though and it made him think. Yes, he wouldn’t deny that he misses Silvia but he would definitely say that he cares for Aria as well and these past few weeks without seeing her made him miss her. He misses their bickering, her laughter, whining and unintentional aegyo that comes out whenever he teases her.

Seeing her again made him excited and happy. Something that Oh Sehun, the ice prince, almost never feel.

 

 

Aria finished recording and joined them in the dance studio lazing beside Sehun. Why? It was the only unoccupied place she could lay down and she was afraid she’d get noticed if she avoided him. Feeling the awkwardness, Aria started humming the song she just recorded as she let it played on repeat. She was aware of Sehun watching her but she ignored it, scared of looking at those eyes that might melt her.

 

She really looks like Silvia. Sehun thought. But at the same time, she looks different. Aria looks livelier and tough while Silvia looks gentle and fragile in every way. They’re both beautiful though. Why am I even comparing? He asked himself. He was too absorbed in his thoughts he failed to feel Aria’s awkwardness towards him.

 

The evening dragged on and the guys decided to eat out and went back to the dorms to rest. Aria, feeling stuffed with all the meat she ate, decided to hang around the practice room and play some instruments while the others prepared for bed. She was playing the organ when the big cello case caught her attention.

It has been a while. She thought and walked towards the case. She took out the instrument and prepared it for playing.

When they got back to the dorms, Sehun saw Aria enter the practice room and everyone knew what she’s going to do. Everyone went to their own rooms and prepare to sleep but Sehun, wanting to hear her play, quickly took a quick shower before following the trainee.

Sehun fixed his shirt and entered the practice room without knocking and the sound of cello welcomed him. Startled, he quickly came in, not wanting to disturb the other’s sleep and closed the door behind him. Aria was too immersed in playing that she didn’t noticed Sehun enter and the idol watched her still. The lights were dimed and Aria was back facing him and it only confused Sehun more. Then the familiar melody started engulfing his mind.

Sehun remembered it clearly. Silvia played this song once. She wanted to cheer them up in their concert and those were the times before he and Silvia almost fell apart. I seemed like it was just yesterday when it happened. Him being jealous, ignoring Silvia, Silvia getting bullied and getting sick and then, before he knew it, she’s gone.

 

The girl finished playing and turned to see Sehun looking at her in awe. Since when did he get here? “Oppa?“

 

“Silvia.” Aria heard him say and she clearly heard herself shattering. So it was unnie he sees in me after all. She forced a smile before shaking her head. “No, it’s Aria.” She muttered almost silently but Sehun heard her.

Seeing the hurt in Aria’s eyes, Sehun felt punching himself and apologized. “I’m… I’m sorry.” He said but Aria just shook her head with a smile, still on her lips. “It’s okay…” she assured and began putting away the instrument in silence. “I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight.” She wanted to run away. Far from him and all the pain she felt.

It was incredible how one name made her feel broken and more because it’s her sister’s name.

She was about to go out when Sehun reached for her wrist to stop her. “Wait! Look…Aria…” he tried to explain but when Aria looked up and met eyes with him, his mind went blank. She didn’t have to say anything as those eyes of her screamed pain and disappointment and Sehun felt the worst person in the world.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry.” Aria still smiled but her eyes said otherwise. “I think… unnie likes you too…” she said, looking down on her feet, tears threatening to go down. “This heart…” she touched her chest and felt her sister’s heart beating. “…it can feel it.” She nodded in her own words

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter