Chapter 4: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks Aria." He patted her head and the girl beamed at him with a you're welcome before running to the bar where the room service placed the new set of expensive alcohol they can drink for free. She started on looking at some alcohol then at some ingredients she could use to make drinks.

Kris frowned at the sight and quickly went to stop the girl. "Aria, you're still a minor and you can't drink." He said and the girl just blinked at him. "Oppa, I turned 19 last August." She told but Kris, being protective and such, will not let the latter drink. "It doesn't matter. You won't drink. You can’t drink." He crossed his arms making the girl pout. 

 

Thanks to Boopie, Aria’s classmate in high school, Aria learned how to drink when she turned 16 and on her 17th birthday, Boopie literally gave her a bartender teacher knowing that the girl finds bartending really interesting. She learned the basic in three days and after six months, Aria sent the bartender back to states, having to even suppress her teacher in what he does. 

 

"Fine, but can I at least make drinks for you guys? I can't drink and I'm still not in the mood for singing so I'll just get bored." She bargained giving her puppy dog like eyes at Kris. Her eye really resembles Silvia's. If only she has those blue and green eyes. the leader heaved a sigh before taking a seat in one of the stools. "Okay, but I'll keep an eye at you." He said. "But oppa, it's your birthday, you should have fun. Not look after me." She argued. "Well, this is my way of having fun. Woo!" He said with an indifferent tone and tiredly shouted a party cheer. 

Aria looked at Kris for a while as she pondered about making drinks or not. Kris smiled at her concerned face. "I'm okay, just show me what you got." He assured. Aria then took a shaker before turning at the idol. "Are you sure?" She asked and Kris chuckle before nodding. "Just do what you gotta do. Oppa should be the first one to taste, okay?" Aria smiled and nodded. "Okay oppa." And with that, she poured a portion of alcohol in to the shaker then followed by some juice. She did the same to another shaker and juggled the two throwing it on the air then catching it only to shake and throw again surprising Kris.

“Uh… Aria. How did you learn things like that?” Kris asked his eyes watching the shaker in fear that Aria’s little hands might miss the thing. The girl chuckled and told him about Boopie giving her a bartender teacher and all that as she kept on doing the drinks. And with that, the party was celebrated.

 

Kris and Aria didn’t really had a lot of chat time together as Xiumin and Baekhyun went to the bar and took Aria to the living room. “Sing for us Aria, please ~” the eldest of the 12 requested to the girl with aegyo followed by other’s agreement, encouraging the girl to sing.

Aria was a bit surprised about the request since she’s not really known as the ‘best’ singer among the elites, but with Kris giving her the pleading look, she just gave up and took the song book to find a song to sing. It took her five minutes to look for one and when she finally put the song number on the microphone, she felt something strange.

Everyone in the room, even Sehun who normally doesn’t really care, was anticipating. That was to be expected, of course. After all, hearing an elite trainee sing was something even the producers takes pleasure in doing. But strangely, Aria felt different. The excitement on her seniors’ eyes was different. It was safer to call it longing than excitement as if they want to see something when she actually sings. It made Aria a little bit uncomfortable but since she has given her seniors a lot of bother that day, plus, it was Kris’ birthday and she didn’t have the strength to back out of the awaited request. And with that she pushed the play button and the music started.

 

EXO all held their breaths, preparing to hear Silvia Aria’s angelic voice, the voice they all wanted to hear. But all their hopes fell apart when they heard a familiar very slow hip hop beat track at 70 BPM followed by a rap.

 

Some of the EXO members couldn’t keep their mouth closed and looked at the girl rapping in front of them. They were expecting her to be little bit different from Silvia since they are both different persons but hearing Silvia’s voice rapping was out of their imagination, disappointment written all over their faces.

They weren’t disappointed about the girl’s rapping skills. If anything, Aria’s a very talented one and has got the feel for it. She was perfect. But it was not what they were waiting for.

 

Aria felt the heavy atmosphere in the room and felt uneasy so she decided to look at her seniors making her stop on what she was doing. What happened? She asked herself before completely turning her attention to the boys and what she saw made her feel ashamed and broken. She can feel it and not to mention see it. Even if they tried to hide it, it was clear to her. They're disappointed.

 

The boys, due to their disappointment, lost of hope in hearing their late friend’s voice, didn’t even bother to ease the situation. Reality hit them all in the face and it hurt them like hell.

Silence ruled the whole suite until they heard a knock on the door. Kris, who was one of the most disappointed walked towards the door and opened it to see some members of SNSD looking at him.

“Oh Kris, happy birthday!” Tiffany greeted. “Is Aria there? The ‘movie’ already ended.” She added and Kris replied with a short nod.

Aria, who heard her unnies voice, didn’t have to be called as she silently bowed to her sunbaes and left the suite along with the words ‘Thanks for having me today’ and ‘I’m sorry’.

 

Aria then went back to her own suite with her unnies and fellow trainees and continued their slumber party by watching some action romance movie this time. But Aria wasn’t even paying attention at the movie as she was thinking of what just happened earlier.

Is my rapping skill that horrible? How am I suppose to look at them in the eye now? I just ruined sunbae’s party.They must hate me now. She thought all to herself unknowingly heaving one big and long sigh earning the attention of everyone in the room.

 

“Everything alright over there?” Sunny asked and Aria just closed her eyes before responding “Just tired.” But even so. How could they treat a girl like that? She continued with her thoughts ignoring all eyes looking at her. Even if I was horrible back there, how could they have that expression?

 

“YAH!” IU’s shout snapped Aria’s thoughts and the said girl only blinked at them.

“What’s wrong with you?” Miu, a trainee, asked making Aria sighed for the nth time. “Just… I think… I just disappointed EXO sunbaenims.” She told and the girls all gathered around her for more details and Aria didn’t have to be asked as she explained what happened. “When you guys kicked me out, Kris sunbaenim saw me outside and invited me to his surprise birthday party.” She told. “Everything was going well until Xiumin and Baekhyun sunbae asked me to sing and since I don’t want to be a party pooper, I decided to do it.” She continued. “They were all excited and thrilled about it so I thought I should show them the newest song I learned and rapped instead of singing—““—and their expressions started to change when you started rapping.” Tiffany continued Aria’s story. “—and everyone became silent and disappointment was all over their faces, right?” Sunny joined in too sure as if they actually saw what happened.

“How—“ is only what Aria managed to say as she looked at the two sunbaes.

“That’s not new Aria-yah.” Taeyeon then spoke. “And don’t worry too much about it. It’s not your fault.” She added and Aria was confused just like the other ladies in the room.

“So, the rumors are true?” Rome asked and the girly gossip started. “It depends on what rumor of course.” Sooyoung replied.

Hyorin then sat on the coffee table to be on the center of the circle. “You know! The rumor that EXO likes girls who can sing really well and has brown-grayish hair.” She told and the SMent idols that were in the room looked at each other before nodding their heads.

“Well, it’s not confirmed yet. But it seems like the boys hasn’t moved on.” Luna explained, pity written all over her face as well as the other girls.

“Uh… what does that has to do with them disappointed on my rapping?” Aria ruined the moment earning looks from the girls.

“It HAS something to do with it so let us just finish.” Krystal then barked and Aria just rolled her eyes and let them continue the story.

“You see, 4 to 5 years ago, I’m not really sure. SM hired a staff to help EXO in their performance. She was a beautiful girl and sings really well.” Tiffany told. “Everyone thinks that girl was special and even EXO was convinced by it. Then, the boys and female staff became closer. Even Sehun, who doesn’t really care at anything, was talking and taking care of the girl.” She continued and the girls nodded along with ‘ohhs’ and ‘wuahs’ expressing their envy to the staff girl.

 

I wonder what she’s like? Even Aria was curious and a little bit jealous of the said girl. If she was able to talk to Sehun, then that’s something. she adde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter